Dirge and Bard changes on the Test Server for GU 32

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-xOnaton1, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Trudd Guest

Ahh - im on Pve so it must be different as it has no effect on STR, cant see why it was changed for PVE....
  2. ARCHIVED-Pratell Guest

it was changed on pvp so it had a large str buff as well as the taunt factor.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

Haha, I remember those times. That spell used to be considered so worthless and now it is considered fundamental to being a dirge.
  4. ARCHIVED-ravenscale Guest

[p] well then you stated your point twice witch is why it was unclear[/p]
    [p]lol and spoke like a true member of disso you shall fit in well 8)[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

[p] Clearly. =p[/p][p] [/p][p]I still want the str component back. In addition. I have yet to understand why it was removed. Why Hyran's was the *ONLY* buff to TRADE functionality.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Draggoz Guest

[p]Hyrans still has the same basic functionality that it had before.[/p][p]the Str was a way to increase the MTs Autoattack damage enabling them to generate more hate. By changing it to aggression they improved the tanks ability to hold aggro since he is now able to taunt at the skill level of a level 76 with just hyrans. Now he doesnt get resisted near as often when fighting orange con epics.[/p][p]Personnally I could care less if it ever gets Str added on it or not(If you tank is that desperate for Str then his gear sucks and he shouldnt be tanking epics anyway). I agree that the recast time sucks monkey balls. So during those dispelling encounters I let the tank know your on your own for aggro. It does no good for me to keep casting it when it gets dispelled again 15s after I was finally able to recast it.[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Echgar Guest

Let's not be calling each other names please. There is some pretty good discussion going on in this thread and there is no need to make it personal.
  8. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

[p]Agreed: The primary function of Hyran's is still served. Even at 600 STR though, +78 STR is nontrivial. It does more than just autoattack, after all. It also affects combat arts (guardian tank is all CAs), *and* affects your MTs power pool, which, if you lose BOTH your dirge and your coercer, might actually matter. It does matter on *more* than just raids however, as that power pool length is also nice in grouping, and tanks chew through power.[/p][p]It remains the only buff that LOST something. Tons of other buffs were modified to add +aggression. None of them lost anything in the exchange.[/p][p]Really though, I can deal with the loss of strength. It annoys me, and it seems senseless, but that's all. The recast timer on it is hands down the biggest issue. Given that they bumped our buffs to toggles, I think they should re-examine the recast timers on all of them... I've had to remove buffs from hotbar positions I had them before since, before, they were useful for HOs.[/p][p] [/p][p]Also, +skill does not literally change your comparative level versus the mob, and has not since GU13. It simply adds a greater chance to succeed than the normal.[/p][p] [/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Draggoz Guest

Priestbane wrote:
    [p]Think about what you said before you read this next line.[/p][p] If the Dirge and Coercer die it really doesn't matter since the MT has lost those buffs anyway. [/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

[p] Not necessarily. I don't know what happens when a buff drops that increases power pool, but the buffed character is at, say 50% power. Does the power left get pro-rated, or does the upper end of the pool drop but current power stay at the same level? If it's the latter, then the tank still has the benefit of the extra starting power while the dirge and coercer are getting put back together. [/p][p]Whysp[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Kall Guest

It gets pro-rated. Same mechanics apply when STA debuffs wear off on mobs. -Kall, 70 Dirge Nektulos
  12. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

[p]Actually, I was thinking as I wrote it, and just failed to be clear: the "might actually matter" line was meant to deprecate the importance. I guess I fail english. =) And yes, the illogic of causality there (no dirge = no hyran's) was a booboo. =p[/p][p] [/p][p]As for whether or not it's prorated... I don't know. I know it is for mobs (I remember that huge discussion a year or so ago), but I don't know that it is for players. The mentor mechanic tends to indicate NOT (your health is at a fractional percentage when you un-mentor, but it may not be related in the slightest,) though I honestly have not checked. I don't generally watch my power pool and health pool like a hawk; not my job. I've not noticed any large jumps in percentage when my power pool buffs are suddenly torn away, which lends credence to the prorated idea.[/p][p] [/p][p]I dunno, guess I'll have to play with it. [/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-xOnaton1 Guest

WooooT! Zander's is supposed to be fixed in GU 32: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=349038 [p]*** Gameplay ***[/p][p]Mitigation adjustments from items and spells now offer protection and penalties much closer to the amount listed. Previously, lower level spells and items that granted mitigation bonuses would sometimes not offer any increase at all if the level difference was extreme enough. Now the bonuses scale properly by comparing the level of the item or spell versus the level of the player. For example: A level 70 Dirge casting the level 35 spell "Zander's Choral Rebuff" will see an appropriate amount of mitigation decrease on the target now, whereas before that spell would have had no effect at all.[/p] [p]I'm not high enough to test this on the test server but I'll ask around there.[/p] [p]Othesus - Dirge - Lucan DLere[/p][p]Vaspar - Fury - Lucan DLere [/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

[p]I'm not so sure it's "fixed" yet, because the description is actually at odds with what is happening: You put Zander's on something, and it takes LESS damage. That's not "nothing" happening, that's going, er, negative.[/p][p] [/p][p]But, I'm willing to believe they've fixed it... Just gotta go test it.[/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

I don't think they wanted to admit just how bad it was.
  16. ARCHIVED-Koibito Guest

Priestbane wrote:
    [p] That may have been true previously, but is currently not the case on live. I've recently did some testing a few weeks ago. Result was Zanders did absolutely nothing, not even buffed the mob's resists as previously determined. All it currently does is drain mana while you maintain it.[/p][p] [/p][p]It puts a smile on my face to see them use us as an example. Seeing lv70 dirge and zanders all on the same line. Means they must have specifically included testing that aspect of the fix internally =) [/p][p] [/p][p]Hopefully this fix really works and is pushed to live soon.[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-naMessiah Guest

18. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

[p]Lockeye,[/p][p]Are the run speed changes as they stand going live with GU32? Since that was one of the things you specifically called out as being looked at, I have to say, it's not happy. =([/p][p]Also, you mentioned that looking at song/art scaling was something on your plate as well, and that you wanted to look at it for gu32 but that it may slip to gu33... is there a status for this? I don't have a dirge on test high enough to check myself/supply feedback.[/p][p] [/p][p](PS could you consider the beta server for GU testing feedback, so we can copy characters for testing, but not impact your everyday tester population with the copies? I know there are plenty of us willing to help test but not able to put in the time levelling *another* character to 70 outside of guild support.)[/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Just tested it again, it's certainly still happening like that. Can't wait to see these changes. =)