Dirge and Bard changes on the Test Server for GU 32

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-xOnaton1, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-xOnaton1 Guest

((repost copied from the transition forums)) Here's what I've learned so far about the dirge and bard changes on the Test Server. The effect of the Harbinger's Sonnet achievement says 1% speed increase per rank (instead of 1.5%) and no in-combat speed increase. The description still says that there is an in-combat speed increase though. (I wasn't able to test this since my dirge is only 24 on the test server.) A dirge on the test channel said that there is a new version of Selo's called Selo's Speed of Sound at level 55 that gives 38% run speed. She said that she was able to run at 56% by adding Selo's, Harbinger's Sonnet at rank 8, and JBoots (38% + 8% + 10%). I think she was level 65 or so. Keep in mind that KoS achievements will be more flexible to get when the end ability only takes 2 points, requiring 22 points in that branch. I told others on the guk.dirges channel but I thought I would let you all know here too. Some people on the guk.dirges channel were saying that Percussion of Stone was still breaking stealth. I think they said it was a new bug that broke stealth when the player got hit, not when the stoneskin procced, or something like that. Let us know any other changes you see if you play on the test server. Othesus - Dirge - Lucan DLere Vaspar - Fury - Lucan DLere
  2. ARCHIVED-Kyrsten Guest

Is it just me, or are the Test Feedback forums gone now?
  3. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

[p]"A dirge on the test channel said that there is a new version of Selo's called Selo's Speed of Sound at level 55 that gives 38% run speed. She said that she was able to run at 56% by adding Selo's, Harbinger's Sonnet at rank 8, and JBoots (38% + 8% + 10%)."[/p][p]So in other words, I'll be exactly where I am now. Wonderful. Currently it's 34% selo's + 12% Harbingers + 10% jboots. It's cool they are adding a new version of Selo's but it completely defeats the purpose if they nerf Harbingers at the same time.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

New Selo's 38% Harbingers 8% I hope the reduction on harbingers is a mistake. Even with the AA points given back with those changes the only benefit will be all bards can attain 46% (DKTM now only 2 points with 22 points spent in tree so 4-4-8-6-2) snd it will apply to the entire group. Where is the harm on leaving harbingers and letting us be equal to a Mystic with SoW?
  5. ARCHIVED-Wilko1981 Guest

[face="trebuchet ms,geneva"]Agree, shame really that after all the feedback they add to Selo's then take away from Harbringers, kinda defeats the purpose. Also for my own clarification are all KoS AA end abilities being reduced to 2 points from 8 or is it just DKTM ?[/face]
  6. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

All KoS abilities are 2 points but you have to have spent 22 points in the tree to unlock it. So we get 6 points back but have to spend them in the tree we got them from.
  7. ARCHIVED-Wilko1981 Guest

[face="trebuchet ms,geneva"]Hmm hope we will be getting a free respec, as it sounds like I am going to need to do some juggling [/face]:-?
  8. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

[p]Hmm,[/p][p]I can not seem to find test server update boards anymore...anyways. Just wanted to post a[/p][p]" /hopes run speed changes is not everything that will be changed "[/p][p]post[/p][p] [/p][p]/toodles[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Noirceur Guest

I'm kinda underwhelmed tbh... I'm not a runspeed fanatic but they could at least make the new Selo's increase runspeed for 40+%. And where's our dps increase? Wasn't that supposed to come with the next GU, too? Could've been GU33 tough. Cya, Noir
  10. ARCHIVED-naMessiah Guest

4% is just a number. Won't even notice it :|
  11. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

[p] Exactly those 2 things are NOT what i am waiting for (eventhough speed should be increased). The dps thing is even what I am afraid for:thumbdown:.[/p][p] [/p][p]Please remember that we are utility. thanks:thumbup:[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Kamarile Guest

[p]So we go from 34% + 12% maxed runspeed (excluding Jboots - they don't affect the whole group) to 38% + 8% maxed runspeed.[/p][p]Meaning we're exactly where we started, but need about 20 extra levels to get there...[/p][p]<sarcasm>Yippee!</sarcasm>[/p][p] [/p][p]Seriously - I hope there is more to come...[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

We don't just get a free respec... we get a forced respec.
  14. ARCHIVED-Koibito Guest

[p]Sigh... they never see the glaring obvious.[/p][p]So I must point it out.[/p][p]-----[/p][p]OLD [/p][p]Level 41 Selo's Accelerating Chorus 34% + Rank 8 Harbinger's Sonnet 12% + Legendary Journeyman's Boots 10% = 56%[/p][p](NOTE: 8aa spent to get that 12%)[/p][p]-----[/p][p]NEW[/p][p]Level 55 Selo's Speed of Sound 38% + Rank 8 Harbinger's Sonnent 8% + Legendary Journeyman's Boots 10% = 56%[/p][p](NOTE: new selo's, 8aa spent in NERFED harbingers)[/p][p]-----[/p][p]MY MYSTIC or ANY MYSTIC[/p][p]Level 13 Spirit of the Wolf with Rank 5 Enhance: Spirit of the Wolf 50% (SotW originally being 20%) + Legendary Journeyman's Boots 10% = 60%[/p][p] (NOTE: ONLY 5aa spent to get that extra 30%)[/p][p]-----[/p][p]So there you have it. I'm sure there are other classes that gained enhancements to their runspeed buff, but I don't play those to check. List them if you know the numbers they get please.[/p][p]At the end of the day, even if Harbinger's nerf is undone, we are still running at 60% max (a measly 4% improvement from the current 56%). Even a mystic will match that and bears don't run that fast.[/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-juzam Guest

[p]Yeah, I think Warden is on the same boat with SOW...Not sure on Fury and Defiler. Also, you said a lv 65 dirge got the lv 55 upgrade, maybe there's a lv 69 upgrade too???[/p][p]Has anyone else confirmed the harbinger's nerf? If he's only 24 , maybe it doesn't add the full 1.5% we see...[/p][p]In any case, this is NOT the revamp I was hoping for. I couldn't care less about runspeed :([/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Martrae Guest

I feel like someone stole my lollipop :( The main meal gonna be burnt?
  17. ARCHIVED-Krooner Guest

[p]Anything less than making us faster than someone with 50 % SOW without pulling 8 POINTS ! into AA's or wearing Jboots IMHO is what babies do after you feed them lots of apple sauce.[/p][p]Selos should be upgraded at level 69 for a total of 52% before AA's[/p][p] [/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

Hell, I would be perfectly happy if they made a 69 version of selo's for 42% runspeed and left harbingers unnerfed (for an additional 12% with 8 aa pts). That would be fair imho. But the currently proposed change is just weaksauce. It feels like a backhanded compliment.
  19. ARCHIVED-Nerfed_bat Guest

[p]OMG ... if they do that to us... I don't know what I will do....[/p][p] Just like finding out the whole mall is at 50% off on all items... then only finding out that all prices have been doubled or trippled once you are at the mall...[/p][p] THIS IS SO CRUEL.... [/p][p]After telling us that they will fix the dirge speed issue and dps issue... and it turns out to be a JOKE if they doing it this way... [/p][p]Hopes that this is just a mistake... :( ...[/p][p]----------------------[/p][p]For those that wonder dps... I don't care it is called DPS or not... but I want dirge to be more survivable in a PVP environment... Right now all I do when I solo is to run / zone / evac, cause whatever it is, I would mostlikely be killed... Well the run part has been nerfed too since eof came out where many classes can run me down like a truck on freeway running over a little puppy dog ...[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-missing_peace Guest

[p]Level 55 should be 40% and level 69 should be 46%. This will keep all upgrades at a consistant 6%. If the achievement must then be changed... I can live with 1% additional per point, but the in-combat should also be 1% per point. If they won't raise the in-combat speed then don't change the achievements at all.[/p][p]Anyway, this would put the max speed at 54% (64% with jboots) *if* the bard spent the full 8 achievement points. Bards would then be the fastest solo runners, but would still be slower than a mystic + a bard which could reach 68%.[/p][p]However, I would prefer nothing be done rather than a halfway upgrade. The complaints won't end in that situation and it will just create more resentment.[/p]