Dirge abilities need looking into

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Xanusus, Feb 10, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Moghedan_Carns Guest

A counterpoint to Havlen, I do not doubt that you can do this, but you can only do it every 30 seconds. Which is 60 DPS overall, 180 dps for the 10 seconds.

60 DPS is priest range, so we assume that you are running in and out of melee range and bow range to use it. This takes on average 2.5 -3.0 seconds each way. That means you lose 5 seconds of dps, total, every 30 seconds. 10 of those seconds are spent on the three ranged moves. Average Adept 1 DPS is 85 in melee range, when Dual weilding SBD and SSoY.

10 seconds = 1800
    05 seconds = 0
    15 seconds = 1275

102.5 DPS... total, with a Master Spell, barring any resists or misses.

A tanking Guardian with an EBBC parses a consistant 100 DPS... higher when not tanking.

Of course, if you get the timing perfect and use Scream and Howl when running in and out of bow range... you get 5 more seconds of melee, bringing your score to 117.

At 40, you were hitting 100 DPS a bit more reliably and not working nearly so hard to do it.

FOr those who will question, the 85 DPS granted for melee is based on never leaving melee range and popping QS/SA/SB upgrades every time they pop. Timers will not allow this to actually be the course of action, but figuring the exact dps would be more trouble than it is worth. 85 DPS is generous in the situation and still proves the point.

At 50, our buff/debuffs ability is too weak to justify our low DPS.
  2. ARCHIVED-Supa Mint Flava Guest

I notice the original post mentions Lucky Break (level 31 I believe) as working as intended. I did not see it mentioned anywhere that when you upgrade from Adept I to Adept III as I did, there's no difference in stats.
    I've reported this more than once but never received a response. It really stinks because I wasted an opal and a bunch of gold getting it made.
    Unless I'm missing something, this is a glaring problem and it's weird that it is not a hot fix. It seems there are a lot of things that are unquestioningly wrong with our class, but it's not addressed. Why do they offer Dirge.
    When I use my Wizard, my presence is very obvious. When I use my dirge, this is not the case. Evac is nice, but my Wizzy has it too. Heck, my Wiz can feed mana to the healers when they get low. Dirge speed is nice, but certainly not critical. Every class should have at least one or two primary traits that impact a group significantly, and are appreciated by a group.
    I'm a Dirge salesman now....e.g.:
    Me: You know, I'm debuffing these mobs and as a result everyone's doing more damage.
    Group Member: Really? Oh, ok.