Dirge AAs-- What we would like in Velious

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Nektulos_Rishi, Sep 1, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Nektulos_Rishi Guest

This thread has already been started on flames, but as not everyone reads flames I thought I'd start a post here for feedback/dev attention.
    Since there will be no level increase in Velious, what AA's do you want to see?

Hopefully dev's will take a look at this thread when looking for feedback. (Even though they won't admit it). Keep in mind that they probably won't implement anything crazy and OP.

Some good ideas that have been brought up:
    -aa that makes ro/vc an immune to stun/kb type effects.

-maybe +50% duration to vc [IMG]

-my MT always needs my dirge hate, wouldnt mind something to remove the concentration from it.

-make BC groupwide!

-enhance turnstrike to groupwide [IMG]

-our stealth rear attacks arent very potent, something to remove the need to be in stealth component would be nice. (maybe just remove stealth component from misfort kiss)

-cut our rez casting speeds in half, wasting time to rez someone to find a healer decided to rez 30sec later and his went off first, annoying

-some nice ability like the crusader str endline would make me pee myself with joy.

-enhance dktm with +7 CB and/or potency
    Allow SoD to recast faster (in-line with stealth)

Allow Wail to tick faster and/or harder

Enhance Turnstrike to last up to 15 sec and absorb multiple AoE with 5 points.

Allow our green AoE (whatever it's called now) to cast faster.

Allow our blue AoE to have a dmg component.

Make Evade mean something. Add a positional deaggro component to it (otherwise it stays off my hotbar).
    Change myth proc from proccing off melee only to include ranged and/or spells.

+30 meters to our single target rez, +20 meters to our group rez.

-2 seconds on our single target rez (2.0 base, 1.0 capped cast), -4 to our group rez (4.0 base, 2.0 capped cast)

Make both of our rezzes uninterruptable.
    A way to track people's rez sickness without making a few dozen act triggers.

Do to BC (and UT, TC, etc) what they're doing to time warp, so that it affects one person and ourselves.

A blue aoe of some sort that does damage and procs more than PotM.

An Enhance: Wail of the Banshee that isn't only like a 20 damage increase.

An Enhance: Scream of Death that reduces the tick time, or maybe even stacks all 3 dots on top of each other.

Vanishing Act won't turn off pet attacks, or change it to the same thing as assassin's PFT and make it so the next stealth attack doesn't require stealth.

Thanks guys from flames who supplied these ideas.
  2. ARCHIVED-Excalibre3377 Guest

Increasing range and shortening the cast time on our rezes is a MUST. I'm a melee scout. Running halfway accross a zone to rez folks who's bodies are being punted around with every AOE is about as fun as stabbing myself in the eye.
  3. ARCHIVED-Excalibre3377 Guest

Vanishing Act being a group invis is simply... annoying for other players. It should be FIXED to be a self only invis regardless of the new expansion pack release.
  4. ARCHIVED-Morlinde Guest

Oizen@Befallen wrote:
    I disagree with this one. When I was spec'd into this at lower levels, the majority of its use came from the fact that it was a group stealth. I played with friends whos classes that didn't have a self stealth/invis and it was very helpful for sneaking through areas of dungeons. Not to mention... what is it hurting? I never received a complaint from other players. At worst it's not useful for them and they drop out of it with no effect next time they get hit or cast something, at best it ensures a dodge or allows a scout to get off stealthed attack. I would argue that this ability is already of very limited utility at higher levels, why make it nigh useless by making it only a self stealth?
  5. ARCHIVED-Faedok Guest

Below are my comments...
    What I'd like to add - A cure curse component to Confront Fear
    Nysse@Kithicor wrote:
  6. ARCHIVED-gatrm Guest

Rizi@Unrest wrote:
    LoL....take them, please. I don't want em, never did. If I have to be a freakin rez bot, then at least make it a quick cast and/or uninteruptable. Taking 5s to cast a rez only to see that a healer got it off in 2s is really starting to tick me off, especially since I would have just kept dpsing if I'd known a healer was gonna do the rez.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kerazie Guest

Cure Curse on Confront Fear would be nice.
    Rezzes: ( I see where others is going with this and I like)
    Adding crit bonus or Potency to DKtM (Right now it is kind of useless IMHO, how many at lvl 90 do not have Max crit, or close to it.(That are actually mains and are being worked on) My alt isn't that well geared and is at 112% or so self buffed!
    My ideas:
    Wail of the Banshee: Changes Nuke to beginning of Spell and Increase damage %.
    Intrepid Stike: Increase to duration. (Ranged and Spells also is a good idea.)
    Battle Cry: (self and target or group wide) Yes, I hate arguing with people about me giving them BC, it's usually the only love I get even if it is from myself.
    Fortissimo: Increase it even further give it a Flurry%!
    Victorious Concerto: Add a % of group damage to the increase also.
    Cacophony of Blades: Add Flurry% to it, that would be nice...
  8. ARCHIVED-Chefren Guest

Some suggestions, distilled from what I posted on Flames to avoid overlap with the OP.
    • Add a power drain proc component to Brias.
    • Add 10% Potency to Harl's Rousing Tune.
    • Add Potency or CB components to Disheartening Descant and/or Daro's Sorrowful Dirge.
    • Add Crit Mit debuff component to Clara's Chaotic Cacophony.
  9. ARCHIVED-EQPrime Guest

You know that evade is broken for predators and is giving like -500k threat, right? I believe they are fixing it (finally) in GU58. For the other scouts it does maybe -10k threat which is basically nothing. The only use I get from it is to flip HO's which provide very little in buffs and damage anyways. Dirges generally don't need too many hate reducers anyways though, so I would rather the new AAs boost something else.
    Increased range to our rezzes would be one of my top choices. I waste a ton of time running around to get in range to rez people.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kerazie Guest

Also had an epiphany:
    % chance for procs to crit during Cacophony.
  11. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

I'll post my complete list of suggestions after I add a few more things to it :p
  12. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

Each section is ordered most important to least important, to me anyway.

General Thoughts/Suggestions:

Make our rez spells uninterruptable.

Add a disease damage component to Hymn of Horror, we need a blue aoe. Maybe something that hits as hard as...Howl of Death?

Change Vanishing Act from a group invis to a group "next stealth CA bypasses the stealth requirement" thing like Predator's Final Trick

Give bards real offensive and defensive stances, whether it be through AA like priests or new spells.

Revamp Stamina Line.

--Round Bash, increase base damage of the ca by ~20%, remove Roundshield requirement.

--Skald's Defense, Remove Roundshield requirement, reduce DA to 2% ma per rank, replace block chance with .5 crit bonus per rank. (20% MA and 5 crit bonus at rank 10)

--Fortissimo, no change.
    --Lend Shielding, remove roundshield requirement, make it 1 hit stoneskin instead of 100% block chance for one attack. Or, make it a 10 second aoe avoid castable on another player, like Sever Hate or Holy Shield.

--SF: Song of Shielding, remove the shield ally effect, 1.25% block chance and 0.625% max hp per rank, 8 ranks max.

Make Oration of Sacrifice and Sonic Barrier castable on self.

Give us a raidwide physical mitigation/ward like the noxious one dirges have and the arcane/elemental ones troub has, through AA or new spell.

The SF AA that makes Confront Fear cure all control effects can still only be cast while feared, this should be changed to castable any under of the effects it can cure.

Messenger's Letter: Infuriated needs to be a taunt to the mob for the tank we're targetting through instead of a taunt to the mob's current target, and give us another AA to add a positional increase to it or just put it on the base AA. (Would also need increased recast if given positional increase.)

AA (or New Adornment!) Suggestions:
    Important:

Concentration: Resurrections, reduces cast time of Elegy at Death's Door and Elegy of Awakening by 20% per rank, final rank makes them unable to be interrupted. Max 5 ranks.
    (This would require changing the current group rez aa in the eof tree from 3 second cast time to 5 or 10 second reuse)

Concentration: Resurrections II, increases the range of single target and range/radius of group rez by 20% per rank, max 5 ranks (raising ranges to 20 meters/30 meters)

(All Scouts) Enhance: Evade, adds 20% dehate amount per rank, final rank adds 2 positional decrease at final rank, max 5 ranks.

Buffs:

Desolate Melody, adds 7% increase to proc rates per rank, max 5 ranks. (Doesn't stack with Desolate Aria)

Enhance: Don't Kill The Messenger, adds 1.5% potency per rank, max 5 ranks.

Enhance: Fortissimo, adds 1% flurry, 2% ae auto, or both per rank, max 5 ranks.

Enhance: Bria's Inspiring Ballad, adds a proc that steals power from the target and returns it to you.

Enhance: (Any Buff), removes the concentration slot cost.
    Enhance: Victorious Concerto, increases duration by 1 second per rank, max 5 ranks.
    Dance of Blades, +50% ability cast speed, +50% ability recovery speed, +25% ability reuse speed, 50 haste for the group for 30 seconds. Cast 0.5, Reuse 600s.

Enhance: Luck of the Dirge, adds 10% proc crit chance to the group.

Enhance: Noxious Symphony, increases ward amount by 5% and adds 5% chance to instantly cure per rank, max 5 ranks.

Enhance: Selo's Accelerando, adds slowfall.

Enhance: Sonic Barrier, reduces recast by 10 seconds per rank, final rank removes the 50% hp requirement, max 5 ranks.

DPS:

Enhance: Wail of the Banshee. Reduces duration and recast by 0.8 seconds and increases base damage by 2% per rank, max 5 ranks.

Enhance: Scream of Death, increases damage by 3% per rank, final rank compresses all the ticks into 1 15 second dot, max 5 ranks.

Singing Blade, 0.030 base auto attack damage per rank, max 5 ranks.

Enhance: Daro's Dull Blade, increases base damage by 2% per rank and adds attack speed debuff, 5 ranks max.

Enhance: Death's Door, adds a 2% chance to proc Death Barrier on attack per rank, max 5 ranks.

Thuri's Love Tap, Inflicts 2000-3500 disease damage on target, Heals caster for 700-1500. Cast 1s, Reuse 20s. (The idea here is a spell that does less dps than daro's dull blade but more than howl of death/thuri's doleful thrust, and is also another lifetap for soloing.)

Debuffs/Other Utility:

Enhance: Turnstrike, increases duration by 1 second per rank, max 5 ranks.

Change Defensive Curse (Shadows Tree) to increases base damage by 20% per rank and adds parry and deflection decreases, 5 ranks max.

Enhance: Jael's Dreadful Deprivaton, increases root duration by 1 second and improves base damage by 10% per rank, max 5 ranks.

Enhance: Lanet's Excruciating Scream, increases base damage by 2% per rank, final rank adds stifle component, max 5 ranks.

Enhance: Disheartening Descant, adds INT and WIS components.

Enhance: Daro's Sorrowful Dirge, improves attack speed debuff and snare amount by 3% per rank, max 5 ranks.

13. ARCHIVED-silkness Guest

Cheato@Unrest wrote:
    he meant possibly add a flurry effect :p
  14. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

silkness wrote:
    Read below it....

Enhance: Fortissimo, adds 1% flurry, 2% ae auto, or both per rank, max 5 ranks.