DirectX Error 6413 in Windows 11

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Lainthu60, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Lainthu60 New Member

I can run all my characters on my Windows 10 computer, but on Windows 11, 2 of my characters give this error:

G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp (6413):
    DirectX Error. (error)

And the game crashes. Tried reloading DirectX with support from Daybreak but still same error. Anyone have any ideas??
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

Clues would be useful. What exactly did support talk you through reloading? Version? Source? And what exactly do your 2 problem characters have in common that is different from your working characters? Are they trying to zone into a specific place? A guild hall for instance?
  3. Lainthu60 New Member

Reloaded game, downloaded DirectX from MS. Not doing anything. Open launcher, start game. Select character and it crashes. Like I said, I can go to my Windows 10 computer and all is fine.
  4. Julesholland Active Member

Did you get a fix for this? Just bought a new laptop with win 11 and fresh download, getting same fail.
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Is it a certain racial model that is causing the issue?
    As another posted above, are the characters in a particular zone?
    When you click play, without selecting a character, you can see which zone each character is in before selecting and pressing play, make note of which zone they are in that you're trying to load.
  6. Moss Well-Known Member

In the past, many players were able to solve strange crash or rendering issue by deleting both the "/cache" and "/assets" folders at the root of the Everquest II directory.

It is worth to give it a try especially after upgrading your system or updating drivers.

Also remember to cleanup the "/logs" folder from time to time.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Twyla likes this.
  8. Julesholland Active Member

its odd, I have got the right directx downloaded and the toon works when he is not in the guild hall. The guild hall is the one in the snow area (Frostfang?) I used my other puter to move the toon and he works fine out of the guild hall.... I tested with another toon in the same guildhall and sure enough he crashed out to.....
  9. Lainthu60 New Member

I have 3 characters, all in Greater Fay. ! works, 2 crash as soon as you click on their name. All work in Windows 10.
  10. Lainthu60 New Member

Not yet. Tried to load the DirectX 9 but got Newer install detected, not needed message.
  11. Lainthu60 New Member

I just created a 4th character and it works fine in Windows 11. So weird.
  12. Lainthu60 New Member

Done no change.
  13. Moss Well-Known Member

I had an issue in the past crashing every time I zone in guild hall but only with one character. I had no issue anywhere else.

I had to reduce all graphics to minium to be able to log in that character, then increase graphics settings one by one until I found that it was due to Texture and Character resolution and I had to limit them to High or Medium.
    Twyla likes this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yeah, that's not correct. I usually drop it in my EQ2 folder TBH.
  15. Lainthu60 New Member

No. Went to Windows 10 computer and changed zone the character was in but get same error as soon as I click on the name. Happen on my other account too, 8 char work fine, 2 fail.
  16. Lainthu60 New Member

Tried that, no change. Changed zone for char on win 10 computer but still same error. Reinstalled Ev2 and DirectX, no change.
  17. Lainthu60 New Member

Tried, no change.
  18. Lainthu60 New Member

Thanks for all the responses. Doesn't work yet but thanks anyway.
  19. Julesholland Active Member

I did a /bug in game, quoting the error code and they obviously did something as my restart was tweeted... it now works properly
  20. Sleppen Active Member

Did anyone ever find a solution for this? I bought a new computer that has Windows 11. EQ2 keeps crashing. Usually, I don't even get an error message. But one time I got this message.

Oh, and I tried the thing about downloading the old DirectX into my EQ2 directory. No luck.