directions support

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by iamvegano, Nov 16, 2019.

1. iamvegano Active Member

Hi, for the life of me I do not know what the guide line is called when taking directions from the map. Maybe I did not state that correctly. When I use the map or /way to find a location, there is a guide that I follow to get to the destination.

That guide that I follow.. blinks in and out and doesn't stay solid. I recall in eq1 early on I had this problem many, MANY years ago but somehow solved it. This is really the root of my support need.. how do I solve this?

Thanks
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Carynn Well-Known Member

Sadly, you don't solve this. Best bet is to open your map a lot and check for the blinking X and see that the red arrow (you) is going in the right direction. The gold line only works a portion of the time.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The guide line is usually referred to as a wisp. The wisp is going to try to show you the best route, if you were on the ground walking.

Sometimes it acts oddly, stop a second and wait for it to recompute. But also open your map and look for the destination. The map should also show an arrow pointing the actual direction.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes in SimCity, they call it reticulating splines, and you hear it so much that you want to destroy your computer.
    Soara2, Breanna and Dude like this.
  5. Svenone Well-Known Member

The wisp seems to work best on non-complex (flat) terrain. If the terrain is complex my experience is that the wisp either fails completely or is very inaccurate. In other words, you can use it, but do not blindly trust it. (Try tracking a shiny in the Bixel Hive.)
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I find this is the biggest problem. If the item is above/below the flat line, it can drive you nuts at times trying to use it.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. iamvegano Active Member

thank you very much for your help!
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.