Dinging while handing in a writ

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-kelesia, Feb 24, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-kelesia Guest

Today I noticed for the first time on my turning lvl 48 tailor that as she dinged turning in the writ, the experience was handled first, so that when the status was rewarded, she got 300 less status for finishing the writ. I've always been frustrated that the amount of status a writ gives goes down each lvl, when there isn't another 'on lvl' writ to do. It's just a little..irritating... to get less status for leveling.

Is there any way to even out the progression of the writs a little? It isn't so bad on my tailor, but I'm hating the 0-4 on my woodworker. I usually spend x0 doing the x9 writ of the previous tier, then fashion shields.... over and over and over... for the next 3 levels.

/hopes
  2. ARCHIVED-aarddave Guest

I agree, more so now that the devs have fixed it in regards to AA xp from quests.
    The problem is, the xp is awarded first, and then the quest rewards such as status when it should be the other way around. Give out status/faction/coin/items first on all quests and *then* the xp.
  3. ARCHIVED-Oakleafe Guest

I also agree. You were the lower level when you completed the requirements of work order/quest so you should be rewarded at that level.
  4. ARCHIVED-Jehannum Guest

I'd definitely agree as to how things should be handled in this sort of situation... However, two things occur to me immediately.
    1. This accounts for a tiny fractional loss of status (and nothing else, unless we're missing something) in a tiny fraction of the occasions it might have an impact (only when crafting at the level cusp, and not breaching it through crafting alone but on quest turn-in) - as such, while it's annoying when it happens, it's neither the defining characteristic of the crafting experience nor, probably, a particularly high priority to address or investigate.
    2. Given that the same quest-completion ordering is likely in use for every quest, adventuring or crafting alike, it may be far more dangerous to try a modification than it would be to simply leave well enough alone. Certainly I wouldn't want them to implement anything like this without making extremely certain that it's not going to break anything else.

Still, if it is feasible to change the order without breaking things willy-nilly, I say go for it. Far be it from me to deny anyone their just rewards, even if the aggregate over 80 levels of being shafted for 300 every single time would amount to less than a single Heritage quest... ;)
  5. ARCHIVED-Oakleafe Guest

Jehannum wrote:
    Don't we also, potentially, get shafted on HQs if we level first?
  6. ARCHIVED-Celena Guest

I am confused on this subject. I dont understand why, if there are level 80 recipes, there are not level 80 writs for crafters.