Dimensional Storage

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Mae-, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Mae- Well-Known Member

Why can I cast Dimensional Storage when I don't have a pet up? I don't remember being able to in the past, but I just hit it with no pet up, and no pet in storage, and low and behold, it let me cast it, AND put an icon up and everything, as if there was a pet waiting to be called. This spell should NOT be castable with no pet up.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  2. Payton Active Member

also... the pet should remain in the Dimensional Storage after the mage dies - including all it's buffs.
    also...buffing up your pet should be consolidated into lesser spells, or instantly casting spells.
    it's just annoying like it's now and you always either drag behind the group, or don't have time to buff up the pet.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  3. Ragna Well-Known Member

It was always like that and yes, it's annoying when you don't pay attention.
    When in doubt mouse over the DS icon in the beneficial effect windows and it will tell you which kind of pet, if any, is stored (Well, if you can see it... not near enough room in the beneficial window but that's another subject)
  4. Magic Missiles Active Member

Personally I don't consider the ability it worth the AA point. Especially now that I am prestige specced for pet armor it is more trouble than it is worth, but even before that I found the spell to irritating to have on my hotbars.
  5. Jofe Member

magic wrote
    In the Shadows tree, there really isnt a better place to put those 5 aa's then getting a spell that is very nice to have when things are going bad. This is a very nice spell to have. I do not understand the trouble of having this spell, please explain or link your spec so we can see what you put those points into.

As for the bug, If you dont have a pet up and cast DS it will shade out as if you have a pet but you would really have to not be paying attention to do this, though I would like to see it fixed just because I hate to see things not work properly.

My pet normally stays in DS when I die in normal PVE, but in PVP I see that it doesnt stay in DS after death and im not sure if they consider this as working as intended or not, but its a pain in the butt to rebuff for PVP.
  6. Caela Well-Known Member

This.

I've noticed on several occasions when I die, my DS pet goes poof.

I also remember a time when you could buff the pet up and put it in DS and the buffs would remain - however, now when you bring a pet back from DS, the buffs are gone. Would be nice to have the buffs back.
  7. Xelgad Developer

All of these issues should be resolved with GU66.
  8. Caela Well-Known Member

Seriously? As long as you are not a dwarf, I'll kiss you!
  9. Mae- Well-Known Member

Nice! Thank you Xelgad!!!
  10. Jofe Member

Wow thanks xelgad :)
  11. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Hercules, Hercules, Hercul- er Xelgad, Xelgad, Xelgad! :D
  12. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Really, this is a great tool IMO. With so many AA points to spend this is a no brainer. Especially in raids.