Dimensional Pocket: Ideas?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Estred, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

I bought one of these from another player for about 5K plat because I love decorating and my own avatar is void-themed. Though now I am drawing consistent blanks for decorating Ideas. I am hoping some people can give me some form of creative push to start mulling ideas because for the life of me I am stumped as to what style to use as there is extremely few Void themed house items. Been thinking of making a set for the Player Studio once I have a non-student version and I can offer models for commercial use.
  2. ITPalg Member

The only house items I can think of are the void tapestry from the currently running Heroes Festival, the void portal for the raid instance (?), that void creature captive in a clear thing...
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Basically that's the source for this post. There is so little that goes with the Void I need help find non-void items that would still look somewhat in place inside this house. Currently I am trying to set up 2 Terraces on the sides with fountains and a main sort of building/palace in the middle.
  4. Meeba Member

You could check out the Drednever Faction merchant in Bonemire. They have some things that look more "void-tainted".
    The Claws of Earth sculpture, the Scaleborn Skull Font, and the Wasteland Strider Eggs come to mind.
    check 'em out here!
  5. Mary the Prophetess Active Member

The following are all Void-oriented House items from LoN card game:
    Tempest in a Teacup: [from "Ethernauts" card set]
    Emissary of the Void: [from "Against the Void" card set]
    Golden Nightblood Guard: [from "Against the Void" card set]
    Remnant of the Void: [from "Against the Void" card set]

As mentioned, the "Banner of the Void Tempest" [from Heroes Festival]

Possibly Roving Nightlights 'might' be used as well.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Still leaves a lot to be desired in regards to actual building LoN sets are very limited in how much I can access them unless everyone starts donating me cards ;). I know of the Dreadnever stuff but had forgotten about it still a very limited set but will definitely add some un-life to the house. Still am missing a basic set to build out of, I was thinking the Blue/Black marble but I never liked those sets; then again the Dimensional Pocket is severely lacking walls.
  7. Endara Member

The Shadowed furniture from Forgemaster's Carpentry Studies and the tower quests might work. If you're doing a garden, maybe the Withered Lands plants, especially the Withered Sapling (quest reward, but it's tradeable). Possibly Lava Blossoms (Sootfoot Talent Society). And if it's "un-life" you're after, you could try the Nefarious category on eq2decorators.com.
  8. Meeba Member

Hmmm, if you have the Thurgadin tradeskill faction, the coldain merchant tables have a blue/black look to them.... almost tron-like in a sci-fi sense. The blue accents glow and shift. I used it to design a trophy hall in our GH. They're great for paneling!
  9. Mary the Prophetess Active Member

Red and blue misty tiles would also fit into a void-like decor I think
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

Thanks, actually this issue is driving me to work on a Player Studio submission.
  11. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

For building materials, I would probably go with things like the tinkerfest building blocks. I think the impacted metal seems appropriate, and perhaps the other one too. (Can't think of the name of them.) I just like the dark gunmetal sheen of those impacted metal blocks, and the way a toon's steps ring hollowly.