Difficulty installing UI Mods "HELP!"

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Riku, Oct 31, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Riku Guest

Hi guys, i'm having great difficulty trying to get some UI Mods installed.
    I'm not using a complete overhaul, which i think is where everything went wrong, as i just don't know how to do this, and after following step by step instructions, i'm still unable to get it right!

I'm trying to install Drums UI Hotbar & Heroic mod, as well as Razc's Attack bar,
    After following an installation guide, i've come to the conclusion that it's either out of date, or i'm doing something terribly wrong.
    I also have EQ2Maps installed, and was told to just put them into the EQ2Maps folder in my UI folder, but that didn't do anything either!

Help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Just to clarify you've been using EQ2maps? Did not just install it as well?

If so, putting the new mods into the main folder for eq2maps should have worked.
    You would have to make sure you put each item in the right spot though.
    For example one of the drums hotbar mods has:
    eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml
    as well as DrumsUI/images/hotkey.dds
    If you are going to be putting it in an existing UI mod folder, you would put the eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml in the main portion of the existing custom UI mod folder.
    You would put the hotkey.dds in the images folder inside the existing custom UI mod folder. (I might be mistaken on this part because it has been a while since I've needed to install something that required a custom image in the image folder).
    If you are still having issues, you might also want to check to make sure your eq2.ini file has the name of your custom mod folder listed instead of default.
    The line should say: cl_ui_skinname eq2maps (or whatever your custom folder is called) not cl_ui_skinname default.
  3. ARCHIVED-Riku Guest

Thank you for the Reply Finora. :)

I've managed to get the Auto attack bar & Heroic UI change working, but i'm unable to get the hotbar one working.
    Basically i'm just looking for a hotbar mod that allows me to see the numbered cooldowns on abilities when they're used, i remember having something like this just a few months back, and i can't quite recall what this addon was or how i installed it.
    I put the Drums UI Hotbar files into the places they should be,
    eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml in EQ2Maps folder, & hotkey.dds in the images folder, but they just don't seem to work, any suggestions?
  4. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

I don't use those hotbars myself, but looking at the download page apparently you have to set frame & titlebar on in game for your hotbars in order to see the timers.

Other than that, you might need to check the support area for drums stuff and see if someone who knows more about that specific mod can help you figure out what's up.