Different Typed of Servers?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Nagash, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Nagash Member

Does EQ2 have different types of Servers like EQ1? Like a Fiornia Vie Server where everything is sell able or TLP Server other then Stormhold?
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

Just Stormhold for TLE atm (hasn't been as popular as the Eq1 ones I think).

There is Isle of Refuge which is kind of like Firiona Vie where many things can be sold (but not all).

Then there are the standard ruleset servers & the EU standard ruleset server.

We had a temporary "race" type server that was pretty popular that recently was ended, we haven't yet heard what the next temporary type server will be.
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. dorotea Well-Known Member

Stormhold tries to keep leveling slow by giving far less experience than other servers. I thought it was too slow.

But after the recent 80% nerf to pre-KA zones including agnostics I figured if I am going to have the pain I might as well have the game and started over there today. Still slower than the other servers but the difference is far less and you don't have a single statistic - resolve - as a gateway to getting into high level groups when some people have been grinding it for months and a new 100 will never catch up.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

You can't grind resolve. You can only get it from gear and gear is easy to get. A new 100 will have a hard time catching up with Tithe bonuses to Stamina, Crit Bonus, and Potency. That being said, it will only affect a player if they care about top tier raiding.
  5. dorotea Well-Known Member

My mistake I meant potency not resolve and was referring to all the months of deity point grinding a new 100 is behind.

Maybe it is most critical for raiding but it seems a lot of groups won't take you unless you have a LOT of it. I agree a new 100 can get to reasonable levels after a while although for an altoholic it is a royal pain to do it with multiple characters.
    Meneltel likes this.