Diety

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-m421, Sep 1, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Kigneer Guest

Moltove@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Seems too many think like this and are absolutely wrong (and first said to me by someone in a raid guild that...surprise, surprise, surprise has ZERO Paladins). Finding this out really well in Seb or even Chardok, where an OT can save the damn group (especially if they're a Pally). Don't care if they're a raider in T3 gear, and a healer from a raid group too, if I go down you can watch the group wipe.
    Ego doesn't keep a group together, what does is a chemistry of folks wanting to achieve a goal. You'll be surprised how long and hard folks will stick around to get it completed. Yep, you can race through a zone to get to XYZ and GH out in 15 minutes. Or you can make do with what you have, and get the goal done without waiting forever for the right group to show up.
    OT/utility is fine in 80 instances, especially when folks aren't in T2/T3 or have Fabled or Mythicals yet.
    Raiders need to understand things outside their own circle, and especially the mindset of "It's this way or no way". We did a DD fine with a MT and OT Pallies (heck, even my puny MC hits helped that raider in Chardok). These "perfect" types miss out on runs waiting for "XYZ" to call, instead of taking the initiative and making any setup work.
    Oh, my I can see the cries of "impurity" or "fail" if 3 Pallies were working a zone next. :rolleyes:
    Yes, Marr is my Deity and the cloak looks really well with the polished parade armor in the appearance slot (and yes, sometimes I still use it for the dps buff, too). Match it with a orange warg, and the Pally even looks the part of a Knight in Shining Armor.
  2. ARCHIVED-Stonestrong Guest

You don't need an offtank in a heroic group, ever. All you need is 1 competent tank for heroic zones. If you want to crutch the group get 2 healers. More DPS is always better than less, remember that.

Tank
    Bard
    Chanter
    Priest
    Dps
    Dps

Thats more like what you want your group setups to look like. Of course you can roll double bards or chanters if you want to stack out, but 2 tanks is pretty much a waste of a spot that could be buffings/adding more dps to your group.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kigneer Guest

Stonestrong wrote:
    There you go -- "need".
    The point is folks who claim any MT with an OT in any group = a poor MT, is completely and utterly wrong.
    Do you boot your friend who is the same class from a group because he's the same class? Most don't, as that's sure not a way to play a game with friend(s)!
    So if your friend is a Paladin and you're a Paladin (or for that matter any other tank class) it doesn't matter, as long as the other tank can help the group.
  4. ARCHIVED-mhorr Guest

i play a FP ogre pally on nagafen, im still on the fence as to which diety for my Fp pally thinking zek... any suggestions
    thank ya's
  5. ARCHIVED-noogabooga Guest

I went with Tunare... The only miracle/blessing I use are:
    Tunare's lifeshield absorbs 10 attacks (1 min duration) and can reflect effects also.
    Forest Spirit lasts 10 mins and procs group heals for those tough heroic encounters but rarely used in raid.