Diety

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-m421, Sep 1, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-NANEEJE Guest

/bump... ( for pally channel help)
  2. ARCHIVED-Kordran Guest

Transen wrote:
    Just to point out, now that TSO has been around for awhile, there is really no reason anyone should be wearing their deity cloak at level 80, other than for appearance. The easiest TSO instances drop cloaks that are superior, and you can buy or have cloaks made using shards.
  3. ARCHIVED-Vain Guest

With the re-jigged cast-times on god pets (and the fact that AE's nuke them so often), they aren't worth the trouble. The cloaks are only good up to a point, so the real issue should be the miracles.
    I just can be bothered to run another deity questline, so I'll stick with Marr. Many others have decent miracles/blessings, so go with whatever offsets your weaknesses.
  4. ARCHIVED-Bostok Guest

I've been using tribunal and wish to god that they would make that cloak a full length cloak... its like the thing was cut in half!

As mentioned many times before...
    it sux to blow a miracle on a whipe. i've been trying to use them from time to time for a little boost but mostly i find they get wasted on a whipe (lag, someone went linkdead 10s into the fight etc etc, random person has a brainfart and so on). A shorter recast would be sweet.
  5. ARCHIVED-Belzeebub2 Guest

Im with the tribuanal, but i origanly chose it for the cloak and pet =]
  6. ARCHIVED-Kahless725 Guest

Best bits in my opinion of the gods I have tried.

Marr - 10 second stonewall all attacks.
    Bristbane - 15 second stonewall all attacks + 1 min (not sure) immunity to stun styfle fear etc + pet looks cool.
    Tribunal - 10 mins 20% less damage + WIS pet for fabled/mythical epic + hate oriantated miracles.

Im with tribunal tbh the 10 mins of 20% less damage is very significant and gave a helping hand on mobs that we were nearly there on. It's not somthing I use until I know the encounter, then when we think we have it down it can then be used to give an edge.

Kahling
  7. ARCHIVED-big_ayles Guest

I went Marr first and used up all faction then went through almost all other deities for cloaks before settling on Tribunal and using up all of that faction. Time to move onto another god. Might go Rodcet or Tunare lol
  8. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

Vain wrote:
    The cast times are a P.I.T.A. but I haven't noticed my pet getting blasted yet. It is however frigging annoying that you have to recast it every time you mentor...
    So can anyone confirm that the diety pets are now "Nukeable" ??? That's a change that wasn't needed if it is true...

Oh and Marr is my god.
  9. ARCHIVED-Monkums Guest

Wurm wrote:
    I'm with Marr as well. The deity pets used to be nukeable when they first released, then they changed it and now it seems they are nukeable again. I was fighting a magma elemental up in Skyfire the other day and it hit poor Lambert (the sheepish lion) for 18k. lol
  10. ARCHIVED-OrcSlayer96 Guest

From what i can tell the god pets can be nuked lately, if you do the /pet hide on them they are safe tho. Personally, i cast the pet for the buff only and immediately click the profitui /pet hide clicky afterward and only have to recast if i mentor or respec aa mirror. I have went thru all 9 dieties and think that tribunal has the most useful blessing on them all. Currently i am chewing thru Rodecet Nife faction and will go back to Tribunal when my faction is back to zero.
  11. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

As Orc posted... hiding the pet does stop it from getting nuked. :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Tallhart Guest

Well, I've been with Marr since day 1, and have been perfectly happy with him. Still, after reading this thread, I'm thinking about 'sampling' some of the others. :)

Question ... if you renounce your Deity, what happens to your accumulated faction with them? Does it immediately drop to 0? Negative? Go down as your faction with another god goes up? Just stay where it is, but you can't 'spend' it? etc? I'm just under 50k with Marr, if I sample the others, and then want to go back, will I be starting from scratch or in a hole?

Thanks!
  13. ARCHIVED-OrcSlayer96 Guest

If you betray from Marr (or any other diety), your faction is dropped to zero, and once you go back to that diety you have to sacrifice items to regain faction. The only way to drop faction below zero is killing the avatars and then it is a massive drop of faction. My advice is if it is a diety you like make sure you use the faction before you betray or you just flush that faction down to the drain.
  14. ARCHIVED-Tallhart Guest

Thanks!
    OK, time to stop sacrificing stuff! And buy some bigger strongboxes for my house vault to store the instance drops for now. :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Moltove Guest

Please get the RP and Lore aspects out of your playstyle and stop being ignorant to your groups needs. Please think about the people who do not want to wipe for an hour because you decided to stop and RP on the side of the road. I love RP as much as the rest of most RPers, but once I'm in a group, I cut that crap out. A worship to a god is something NO ONE else can see. That is why my Assassin says he worships Bristlebane, but he really worships Zek because of the huge DPS boost.
    In raids, your god pet will be hidden. If not, I will be sure to send you a tell to hide that, along with any other static pets. They add unneccessary lag to raids. Pawbuster is the only use for them.
    Hidden, they do not get AoEd. I don't know if they're hit if they're not because even when I had the Bristlebane cow, I had it hidden because I don't like extra lag. I won't complain about other peoples pets in a group though. Just in raids.
    Best pet? Until 80, stats matter. STOP THINKING WISDOM IS ESSENTIAL. It's good and all with a slight power boost, but forget it. You want STR, STA, and INT. You'll want to take AGI if you can too, because a little avoidance never hurt anyone. The best pet is goign to be the one with the god that has the best buffs. You may want to consider the pet, or you can completely ignore it. But here's a chart: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Deity_Pets
    Cloaks are replaced at much higher levels. I think the point to keep in mind for this discussion are for those who can't replace them yet. It is correct that you can do a quest line for the cloak, then run off and truely worship another god for the buffs. Nothing wrong with it and is essential sometimes. Which one is the best? Your best bet is between Marr or Karana. Unfortunately I'm too tired atm to know which will give more of an advantage, though I've known Marr's cloak to be the best good god cloak for DPSers for a long while. Please do consider that the +50 spell/CA dmg is nice as it is never procced, it's a passive buff, unlike Marr's cloak).Tribunal has a 5 second stun, which may or may not be good for soloing. Rodcet Nife is good for those unrealistic Healadins. Also note that the cloaks are recieved on the 5th teir of the quest line. I think the minimal requirement to wear them is 67, so by the time you can wear it it won't matter between that brief time until 75+. Here's another chart: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Deity_Cloaks
    Blessings and Miracles are your call, and define what pet you're getting. Please don't be stupid and let the pet define what you're getting. Miracles are by no means required in groups or raids, but if you throw away your decision, it lets me know that you're suseptible to making more desicions like that, and make me not want to group with you and your incompetence and ignorance.
    For buffs, think about your normal group set ups, then consider your raid set ups as well. Zerkers and Guardians got it easy in this department because any god is just a betrayal away. We get stuck with Good and Nuetral, which isn't all bad, but it still limits us. For the buffs, I don't have a handy link, but if you look up Mithaniel Marr, Tribunal, Karana, and -maybe- Tunare, you can decide for yourself as the buffs are right on the same page, laid out for you to decide. Create a couple tabs and compaire between them. The types of blessings are the types that you'll want to use most.

Mithaniel Marr is a good choice none the less, and you won't be dissapointed. He has my vote, as he's most traditional, but don't let other people tell you what to do unless if they actually have facts and numbers that help you. Not because they're a wood elf and they think it's imparative all Wood Elves have a generic paper-cut background to worship Tunare and ignore his group's needs.

As always, leveling up is vastly different than actually getting to 70-80, so consider your current state, and consider possible lvl 80 groups. You can get away with cheesyness at lower levels, but once you hit 80, people are relying on you. If I find out my tank is unreliable, you better believe I'm either replacing you or I'm dropping group.

And remember there are no OT's in groups at 80. Only raids. And honestly, going up in the levels, the only second tank I'll allow in a group are the monks/bruisers. There is no need for a second tank unless if the first sucks. One of you will be replaced by DPS. Plain and simple, and I'm not the only one who thinks like this.
    (Again, I love RP as much as anyone else, but leave it in the emotes and stop making bad decisions. At least you don't run into people wearing cloth in their armor slots anymore, so I am thankful).
  16. ARCHIVED-Arastir Guest

Moltove@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Please get off your high horse. Deity selection can be a very personal thing for some people, whether it's for RP, lore related, whatever. I choose The Tribunal simply because I wanted the little hooded justicar guy. That's it. The Tribunal blessing and miracles are very nice, but it played little part in my choosing. I certainly didn't consider it a make or break deal in any way, nor do my groups feel that way since I rarely tell them when I'm using a blessing or miracle. I'm the MT for my guild, and it wasnt' because I choose The Tribunal that I'm in that position. It's because I know what I'm doing.

You don't want to group with me because of my diety choice? Your loss then, and I'm the better for it. To say that people are incompetent and ignorant because you disagree with a personal choice they made is downright condescending and ignorant on your part. Go back to your Assassin boards.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kahless725 Guest

I chose Tribunal for the 10 mins of 20% less damage and the WIS pet. Pet gives me 50 more wis for the proc on the Pally weapon as well as slightly more resists (went for pet in the tso aa line)
    The 20% less damage I have found to be really usefull esp on first time kills, I use it when everything seems to be going well 1 min in to a fight.
    Was a help on Leviathan before healers had their mythicals. Was a help on Nexona, Druushk, Switchmaster first time or so. Kultak. etc etc.
    When you feel a mob is going to die it gives more breathing space.
    I find most other stuff gimmiky on the god's to be honest, other usefull one I foung was Bristbane for the 1 min imunity to fear stun etc.
    I never chose a god on the cloak tho cos Ive always had a better one.
    Regards
    Kahling
  18. ARCHIVED-Steve11418 Guest

I took Bristlebane on my paladin. I liked the 15 sec miracle that made me immune to death.
    I also take the 10min miracle that gives me a 35% chance to make and additional attempt to avoid an attack. At a very minimum with 35% block I assume that’s like adding 10% avoidance for 10 min?
  19. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

I went with the poisen/disease guy you can find in TD but then I play on a PvP server where fi you see a pally coming and you have gear that will increase your divine resist you put it on . Allot of people have hotbar for gear to max resist depending on the class they are getting ready to face, and since most gear that increases divine resist has crap for poisen/disease numbers well you get the point.
  20. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

Marr and I couldn't be happier.