Dieties

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Synj, Apr 2, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Synj Guest

By definition via Dictionary.com..
    Rogue:
    1. a dishonest, knavish person; scoundrel.

2. a playfully mischievous person; scamp: The youngest boys are little rogues.

3. a tramp or vagabond.

Swashbuckler:

1. a swaggering swordsman, soldier, or adventurer; daredevil.

We're pirates.. we're Dread pirates and cunning saboteurs! As far as a good or evil alignment, a Swashbuckler is more evil than good most days and even at their very best, they could be considered nuetral if there were a profit to be had.

What about these desciptions says good alignment only?

What description classifies the other classes, as being able to align with either faction?

How would it break the game or with the lore if swashies could align with Freeport?
  2. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Your title is a bit misleading since this is about Swashbucklers and not deities.

That said, I thought it was an odd decision when they made Ranger/Assassin neutral instead of Brigand/Swash. I consider my Swashbuckler to be more chaotic neutral.. that's why she's a champion of both D'Lere and Bayle!
  3. ARCHIVED-kahonen Guest

I'm assuming that diety is the god of weight-loss?
    The game needs fewer fat swashbucklers
  4. ARCHIVED-ToxicLullaby Guest

I guess they are going with the romanticized 21st century Hollywood version of swashbuckler. You know, Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Carribean. He ruined it for you. ;) SOE must have had that on their Netflix Instant-Watch list when designing the class.
  5. ARCHIVED-Deago Guest

kahonen wrote:
    As a programmer I do not have an issue being fat buuuut if my profession was a swashbuckler...I might consider a diet

Fat Zorro is not a cool Zorro :D Burritos are good though.....tis true.
  6. ARCHIVED-Synj Guest

Shenala@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I think you meant some 1940's version played by Errol Flynn. Jack Sparrow was never lawful and would have been food for crows hanging from a gibbet if he hadn't been able to escape.
    I'll have to rephrase this I guess so they don't move it from the general forums since no one seems to read these.