Diaku Corral (solo)

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by semisus, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Chrol Developer

The lockouts are correct, and are based on the tiers of loot available from them.
    dirgenoobforreal and Breanna like this.
  2. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

I love that this zone has zero tank and spank encounters. Thank you for making a zone where you actually have to do stuff and not just show up.

9/10.
    SynergyBlaize likes this.
  3. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

That's extremely limiting for a heroic zone, especially getting locked to a zone that has an unsuccessful group. :/
    SynergyBlaize likes this.
  4. FracasKrusher Active Member

DEVS PLEASE USE TEST SERVER
    Argosunited likes this.
  5. Gharyn Well-Known Member

My third time doing this zone, first time since the fix. Appreciate the changes. But I'm having a problem with the final name. I can't agro him. Didn't do anything differently. He's just standing there like a big dummy. I've left the zone and come back. He won't react to anything I do.
  6. Gharyn Well-Known Member

A couple of guildies did this just after I did with no problems. We were all on the Fistful of Diakus quest to the point where we had to kill Vleecan. They both saw an exchange between the professor and Vleecan before the fight. The professor was nowhere in sight for me. So I think the quest may have bugged it for me.
  7. ThetaLee New Member

The last boss in Diaku Corral has glitched out on me twice out of the three times I've run through the zone. I think it happens if I get close enough to him while clearing the trash that his script starts up, but I don't stick around long enough? I'm not sure. Both times he sent the gnome off, but the script didn't progress past it to Vleecan being attackable.

The reset timers wouldn't be nearly as harsh if on two-thirds of my runs I could actually finish the zone.

Also, I had to reset the zone for everything I needed to sabotage on the third quest to actually spawn.
  8. Chrol Developer

Regarding Vleecan Fele being stuck unattackable, you should be able to resolve this by leaving the zone for a few minutes and re-entering.

For the next hotfix I'll put in a few more checks to ensure Vleecan turns aggro.
    Bludd, SolarFaire and Breanna like this.
  9. Gharyn Well-Known Member

I went back after a couple of hours and he was agro. Thanks Chrol.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  10. Melkior Well-Known Member

Remember this is the year of "Content Stretching." Good stuff is locked away behind RNG or other timer mechanics to keep content from being exhausted. Personally I'd rather be able to shift focus to getting alts through the content myself, but that's not the direction the game has gone this year. Although in a weird way I guess the long timer could be seen as encouragement for people to run alts through. The only problem with that is it is so difficult to get one character upgraded with proper adornments let alone more than one, or many.
    Argosunited and SolarFaire like this.
  11. Spartanec Member

3 main quests on Defiler
    SolarFaire likes this.
  12. Hermmit Active Member

FYI....
    If you read the buffs that are on the rodeo names, it'll say which ones can be damage vs not damaged. Also, the reason the mobs seem like they have permanent stoneskin is explained on one of the buffs on the mob.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  13. Observing Active Member

I don't know how any class that is not a healer gets by the rodeo trio. My merc gets permastunned after the first mechanical bull event and can't heal and the trio just murder me. In fact after I die I my merc just stares into my lifeless eyes forever while the trio beats on him to no effect
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Healer merc with my warlock, merc set to Follow and Protect, but not Assist. Look at the individual Joro brothers and examine their buffs... that will tell you a lot. Only one will take damage at a time, hammer on it until it dies, then onto the next.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Krue New Member

My last time, I was getting pretty frustrated with the healing thing on the brothers, then I noticed if I kept them moving/kited them they didn't seem to heal. Not sure if just buggy luck yesterday, or part of the deal. I'll find out in a few minutes heh.
  16. Krue New Member

Well can't even get that point today, gingerbread keep killing me before my merc or I can even react, even using defensive. Up until now this is one boss I had no issues with at all, and usually do without a merc. After 2 repairs, far to frustrated with this today.

If it wasn't for the loot, I'd never come back to this zone again, I'd rather be forced to do Bizzare Bazaar, my previous least favorite zone.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You only get the mini gingerbread men if you kill the wrong piñata. Also note that if she calls a second piñata before you killed the first, you skip the first and go kill the one she called most recently.

I'll attach my ACT triggers that I use to tell me which piñata I should kill, and I'll make the text white, so you'll have to highlight it to read it to avoid spoiling it for others. Even if you don't use ACT, the triggers contain the text that gives the clue, and which piñata.

<Trigger R="Ever see one fly" SD="Pegasus" ST="3" CR="T" C="Wracklands: Diaku Corral [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

<Trigger R="give me the creeps" SD="Spider" ST="3" CR="T" C="Wracklands: Diaku Corral [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

<Trigger R="Hey honey" SD="Bear" ST="3" CR="T" C="Wracklands: Diaku Corral [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

<Trigger R="Hop to it" SD="Rabbit" ST="3" CR="T" C="Wracklands: Diaku Corral [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

<Trigger R="it beat no hare" SD="Tortoise" ST="3" CR="T" C="Wracklands: Diaku Corral [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

<Trigger R="Oooh I'm hungry like" SD="Wolf" ST="3" CR="T" C="Wracklands: Diaku Corral [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

<Trigger R="up through the sand" SD="Crab" ST="3" CR="T" C="Wracklands: Diaku Corral [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

<Trigger R="yer badger" SD="Badger" ST="3" CR="T" C="Wracklands: Diaku Corral [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    Krue likes this.
  18. Krue New Member

I had no idea that was part of the script honestly. All the runs before I'd pop gingerbread, kill, repeat, till I got the right one. Assumed it was a just delay/take damage type phase. They could hit as hard as anything else, but not a deadly trap type deal.

I'll pay attention to that ones callouts now, thanks.
  19. girney Active Member

all of the joru boys are immune to damage.
  20. girney Active Member

apparently you cant bypass any of the mobs or the named bull rider mobs are immune. once i cleared the zone they were attackable .