Diaku Coral High Noon Challenge

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Arclite, May 30, 2020.

1. Arclite Well-Known Member

First off, the last boss is probably the most fun fight i have had the pleasure to have fought in for a couple of years and yes that includes raids/challenge raid encounters. The difficulty is a breath of fresh air.

That said, i think the only issue i have with it is the duration. Too many chances of lag spikes/people going ld mid fight is really unfair especially considering the state of the lag generally on all servers these. Plus staring at your screen for 40mins+ takes its toll on your eyes. Restarting the fight after a wipe knowing you will be engaged again for that long is very taxing.

I am not entirely sure how this can be remedied without making the encounter easier but if there is anything that can reduce the time on the fight so as to not be at the mercy of server lag based RNG then that would be great.

Otherwise great job on the script. More fights like these people.:)
  2. Arclite Well-Known Member

Just a few more things, hoping to alert Chrol on this:

Due to the high incoming damage in the script, the last 15% become increasingly problematic for a warrior since dragoon reflexes is pretty much a necessity at that point and having to break it to complete the fighter HO at that point increases of getting 1 shotted substantially. I am not sure how other tank classes complete avoidance skills are impacted but warriors definitely are handicapped there.

Potential Fix: Change the HO "Sword" based completion to "trumpet/horn" or single/encounter taunt abilities. That way the warrior can still be in reflexes in the end stage and still be able to complete the HO.

Those 1 shots are completely random regardless of your own stats (i.e. hp/mit etc.). You can have 1 billion hp and they still kill you without any warning or a fail effect. Not saying that the damage needs to be toned down but at least make it manageable on all tank classes.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

may i ask why you are using HO?
  4. Drona Well-Known Member

Its part of the script so you have to do the HO.
    Bludd likes this.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

ah interesting, so that's a difference from standard heroic i gather?
  6. Arclite Well-Known Member

Yes. They effects are specific to the script.
    Bludd likes this.
  7. Chrol Developer

Will see what can be done. These HOs have to be icons that link to hostile effects as they trigger directly off the boss, but taunts should work. Now I gotta figure out how to add multiple HO icons from the same class. No promises!

Also, there are no plans to reduce the health on Lord Vleecan F'ele.

At this time...
    Bludd, Arclite and Breanna like this.
  8. Arclite Well-Known Member

Much appreciated.
    Bludd likes this.
  9. Chrol Developer

Okay, the only way this can work is to force an order with the HO. Right now, it's set up so that it can be completed in any order. The problem with this is there are 4 specific HO completion buffs for each class, based on the class that completed the HO, so this isn't going to work without some HO code changes, or some extensively deep design scripting which I'm hesitant to do on this guy.

Soooo... I'm afraid I have to keep it at the sword icon as that's a guaranteed enemy target.
    Bludd and Breanna like this.
  10. Arclite Well-Known Member

:(

I guess we will have to find another way around this then. Thanks for looking into it though.
    Bludd likes this.