@Devs, we need an official response about Trak-Race dumping.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kahleem, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Kahleem Active Member

This needs to be decided NOW so TLE players can decide if they want to stick around.

Will you, or will you NOT, dump Trak-Race players (once completed) on Stormhold?

Currently the overall census has been that you should NOT as it will negatively affect the server....

UNLESS the following occurs:
    -> Nothing can be obtained on the new Trak-Race server that cannot be obtained on Stormhold. This means that "Race to Trak" MUST match TLE-Stormhold in every respect. Meaning EXP rates, AA leveling, itemization availability, Marketplace availability, etc etc must ALL match Stormhold.

-> Trak-Race players dumped on Stormhold must be done at a given point where TLE matches Trak-Race in terms of guild progression. Meaning, that the moment Stormhold unlocks ROK cannot be when players from Trak can be dumped on Stormhold otherwise players from Trak-Race will upset the initial progression for Stormhold players.

This has been asked repeatedly with no answer in other threads, but this REALLY needs (and should be) sorted/decided NOW.

Thanks for reading!
    Ridolain_Kirkwall and Livejazz like this.
  2. Nkito Well-Known Member

Are you going to Trak depending on the answer? I'm just curious, I don't play on tle but if I did I might consider leveling an alt on Trak just in case.
  3. Kander Developer

We will not be sending Race to Trakanon people to Stormhold. They will most likely go to the lowest pop normal live server.

We're posting a large FAQ today I hope.
    Katz, Jaden, Neiloch and 7 others like this.
  4. Arandar Well-Known Member

Thank you very much, and I appreciate your willingness to listen to the concerns of those of us on Stormhold. Hopefully the FAQ will also clarify some other questions (such as the whether item rewards from the race server will actually impact Stormhold at all, or if they're level 100 items that will simply become available whenever Stormhold reaches that point).
  5. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Just give us all the option on where we want our individual characters to go. Kinda like when server mergers happened, we all got a free token to move our toons for a week after the mergers happened.

I do not want my Race to Trakanon character to end up on Antonia Bayle server, when my other 8 characters are on Halls of Fate. It does me no good to have a level 80 character twiddling his thumbs on AB, when my other 8 characters are being actively played (my swashbuckler/level 100 alchemist) or used (7 level 100 tradeskillers). I'll just end up deleting this character and freeing up the slot on my account, and making a new character on HoF.

I know I will not pay $25 to move this level 80 Race to Trakanon character to Halls of Fate, if you opt to just dump all these characters to the lowest population server. This level 80 character on a low pop server will never get played, and he will not help with the vitality of the struggling player population on the low population server.

We're going to grind our tokens on Race to Trakanon, then we're all going to camp over to our main toons on our home servers, buy gear off the merchant in Kylong Plains, then gladly forget about that level 80 character and the 6 week grindfest that we feel forced to do, because the gear is that much better than what we have now.

I can see the announcement now:

HEY AB FOLKS! We just gave you 1000 level 80 characters to play with...that's if people decide to level them up to 100 to do ToT content with you!

Livejazz and Belenos like this.
  6. Bamm Bamm the Monk New Member

This is huge news. By sending, do you mean will not be dumping the left overs at the end of Trak server, or by sending do you mean that RTT characters in no way can come to Stormhold including by use of a transfer token?
    Pebles likes this.
  7. Arandar Well-Known Member

I don't know that's a directly answerable question. I suspect, however, that we can feel fairly safe that the next vote will pass. Although it's anecdotal, virtually every person that I've talked to who voted "no" this time in our guild has said that they'll be voting "yes" next time (I suspect it's primarily because of the three month wait for the following vote).

This does present an interesting problem for people who were interested in the race server, however. It would mean that RoK on Stormhold would be unlocked right around the time that most guilds on the race server would probably be progressing through VP. Participation by a guild on one server will almost certainly negatively impact their progression on the other.
  8. Pebles New Member

Great Question! Kander can you clarify please?
  9. Poofe Active Member

I was fine with the dumping, intentional move to Stormhold or whatever. That said, I'm glad it was definitely answered and that the fears of many have been addressed.

That said, there is even less of a reason now for a TLE guild to go through the grind fest of the RTT server.
  10. Arandar Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'll clarify, but I think it's safe to say they mean the former. No one, at any time, can transfer to Stormhold. If you want to play here, you have to create a new toon here and level from 1. There's no shortcuts.
  11. Ruckus Well-Known Member

The way it should be, but you should have the option to MOVE your TLE character off of the server to any of the regular servers, just in case you find that the TLE content no longer works for you.
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. Nkito Well-Known Member

My assumption is Trak characters get a transfer token 30 days before server shutdown and can elect to transfer to any server that normally accepts transfers. At the end of which the remaining characters are moved to lowest live population.

faq should say it all though.
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Arandar Well-Known Member

I'm sure there will be a few tire-kickers. We have a couple of guild members in Vindicate who have expressed in an interest in the race server. However, I think that once they get to experience the grind in full-bloom, as it were, the lustre of the experience will wear off fairly quickly. Grinding out level 53, knowing you have 27 more to go with no vitality, in mostly apprentice spells will be ... an underwhelming experience for all but the extremely dedicated.
  14. Arandar Well-Known Member

Verging off-topic here, but I disagree with this. Commit, or not. At this point, people know (or should know) what they're getting into if they come to Stormhold (significantly reduced XP, more difficult content, etc.) If they decide to "give up" on the server, they can easily get from level 1-95 within a day or two on the standard servers.
  15. ugloopni Active Member

Race characters should simply be deleted at the end of the race, much as guide chars are handled (deleted at end of event).
    Livejazz and Ruckus like this.
  16. Arandar Well-Known Member

In a general sense, I would agree with this. And, if for example, they gave those characters a "head start " (e.g.: starting them at level 50 with full vitality) then I'd say you're absolutely right. However, with the sheer amount of grinding that's going to have to go on there, that's a lot of time and effort that would be just deleted.

Keep in mind too that it's not just level grinding they're going to have to do. There's certain quest lines they'll have to do (e.g.: Speak as a Dragon), get keyed for various zones (even low level ones OoLS) to meet various pre-requisites along the way. And although they can skip crafting for a large part, someone is going to have to level up sages, jewelers and alchemists, etc. and harvest the various rares they'll need. They're not going to be doing T8 raids with adept spells, no potions, etc. And because signets and symbols require status, everyone is going to have to grind up at least some status (redemption signets alone are what, 150K status?)

My point being is that there's going to be a lot more required than just 24 people hitting level 80 if they're going to be successful. And as we all know, grinding up crafting without any vitality is an order of magnitude worse than grinding up adventure levels if for no other reason than the resource component (I also suspect that if people try to "bot" crafting, they're going to find themselves getting banned, quickly.) Not to mention, there's little incentive for people to create "crafting only" characters there, since the best rewards will require you actually killing Trakanon.

In any case, if they're putting in that much effort, they should get to keep those toons. Just not on Stormhold.
    Harmonized and Belenos like this.
  17. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

So in other words they are going to Drunder? lol. I know I was wrong for that one, I am sorry. You guys really should hire a comedian or something to have on call one liners for the forums. Its way too serious in here...:confused:
  18. Adevil Well-Known Member

You think they're planning to reneg on giving out the tokens? Personally I believe they'll honor what Roshen said in the R2T announcement:
  19. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Well, this was just posted by Kander:

20. Arandar Well-Known Member

He's talking about what happens to those characters if they do not voluntarily transfer themselves off the event server first. That's what this whole discussion about the automatic transfers to Stormhold was about in the first place.
    Lucus, Adevil and Mermut like this.