Devs Read this could save you

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Toadyatheking, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Toadyatheking New Member

You need to make pvp tokens drop on kill like the old days.
    We do not want nor need you mixing PVE with PVP.

ALSO

bring back pvp in the citys , what is this, city pvp was a big thing and you removed it . basically we want nagafen back. FREE NAGAFEN!
    Bombs likes this.
  2. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

And stop the 30% dmg halt
  3. Vishous Member

remove the 30% cap? lol why so u can 1 shot people...no if anything damage needs slowed WAY down, fights are already over in seconds...

also remove the PVE part of pvp quests, its silly, server is toooo dead atm to force people to sit in SOS for days to fill 20kills.

change the pvp writs to 40 pvp kills in ANY KOS zone for the daily and like 80 kills in any KOS zone for the weekly.
    and put actual pvp gear in the game pls..

then fix the broken crap like Pets forcing people into pvp combat
    Bombs likes this.
  4. Raff Well-Known Member

This isn't Naggy and if you enable pvp in the cities again? You'll see seen a veritable exodus of players. Nothing more annoying than getting ganked by stealthed scouts while banking and brokering.

We don't want Naggy back, btw. Naggy died...this one seems to be doing alright.
  5. Peak Nagafun

Enabling City PVP via Carnage Flag is a no brainer.

The only reason they're PVE flagged now is because they were PVE flagged on Seasonal, because Nagafen (Seasonal) was FFA.
  6. Peak Nagafun

Is it though?

For the record, I've seen many people ask for the server to be like Nagafen was.
    Sunshimmer likes this.
  7. Raff Well-Known Member

Naggy died a slow death. Why do you want a repeat of the same? Tarinax isn't a pvp server. It is a server that allows pvp. There is a difference.

PvP'ers like to think that their game mode is the only thing that drives interest in the server. But that is just not the case here, imo.
    Raeven likes this.
  8. Peak Nagafun

That's literally what Nagafen was, and why it was so successful until they drove it into the dirt.

I'm not sure what you think people are asking for that would make Tarinax a "PVP server" and not "PVE with PVP". Battlegrounds? God no. Warfields? Kill me.

I'd love for a slow death, by the way. A slow death would actually suggest they're making an effort.
    I'm not sure if you've participated in any of their other PVP server money-grabs, but they died pretty fast.
    Zamza likes this.
  9. Raff Well-Known Member

If you make the server like Naggy, its gonna die...like Naggy. But if they keep the server attractive to casual players, it stands a much better chance of lasting. And that means keeping pvp out of the cities and stopping level locking...oh wait.
  10. Peak Nagafun

You understand that City PVP was opt-in on OG Nagafen, right?
    You understand how Carnage Flag works, right?
    You understand no one is talking about late stage Nagafen, where the city zones were turned into PVP zones _not_ requiring Carnage Flag, right?

Why would you be against opt-in City PVP?
    Why would you prefer having a zone where people who are not even your faction can walk around in and AFK?

Honestly, I kinda find it hard to believe you actually played on Nagafen.
    Then again, maybe you played on Nagafen in 2015 when it was already dead.
    Zamza likes this.
  11. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

30% cap wouldn't one shot everyone, it could easily go back to 60% with reduced damage. Brigand is a prime example of a class that is allowed to do just run over anything in it's path with 0 consequence and does not have to deal with the 30% cap at all because of how fast they can chain attack. Many other classes have this exact same issue, they get off chain cast in an absurd amount of time doing 30% or closer to a player with each hit. Then there are other classes who can't do that at all.
  12. Satyr Well-Known Member

Summoners and brigands being able to chonk someone with a button press in less time it takes for an ice comet to be cast, or for an assassin to position for assassinate - which then only do 30% of a health bar in damage, is an obvious balance issue that should be fixed. Damage cap is broken. Fixing avoidance would go some way to mitigate the issues with summoners and brigands. I think fixing avoidance (and damage cap) should be done first before any nerfs to those classes though.
  13. Vishous Member

its hilarious you think Brigs are the HUGE dps dealers atm, while i agree they do some strong DPS once geared, mastered out etc etc, but you can count on 1 hand the amount of Brigs running around at level 70. The amount of Rangers (who are insanely strong and dumping crazy fast damage atm) are everywhere, then all the easy mode Conj/Necos? Then all the insanely OP Brawlers running around? Brigs make up about 1-2% of the pvp pop atm that's out pvping. i can throw a rock and hit 5 Brawlers in 1 KOS zone, hit 8 rangers lol, same goes for the other classes mentioned above.

Damage across the board needs lowered, some of the above mentioned classes need major damage decreases. All the fights are over way to fast to be fun, no skill, just who lands the first hit usually wins.
    PVE side of the PVP writs need removed, zone requirements on pvp writs needs removed), and broken crap needs fixing NOW.
  14. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Omg I agree with vishous on something, yes dmg across the board needs to be lowered, but classes need to go back to their actual jobs too. T1,T2,T3 etc..Tanks shouldn't be out here doing more dmg than the highest dps classes on burst, most of the rangers were sins until we realized how useless they made an entire class in pvp. Brigs are a huge dps class, Qtoon can maintain 9-to 10k on a average some raids
    Breanna and Vishous like this.
  15. Vishous Member

i completely agree, classes need to be toned back a bit to their true purposes, the burst from Tanks is crazy atm. I also agree SINS need something but i think a lot of the scout (esp SIN) issue is the lack of poison damage and i think the forced stealthed on most their abilities causes major issues at these tiers with them being able to dump damage correctly. I think if the SINs abilities were more inline with just back and or side hits like Swash/Brig they would be more competitive atm.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I liked the first Nagafen server not the event one , I don't like it that in more than half the zones everybody can be murdered for
    no reason ever ( you don't get any loot ) down to a level 1 if they would happen to venture into a zone like that .
    And I remember when Neriak was invaded by Qs on Deathtoll a TLE pvp server that died of neglect and a lot closer to the old Nagafen in the make up than Tharinax .
    Well we would have a blast finding the invaders and than battling them ,( not always winning ) but eventually driving them from our city .
    Under level 10 toons were taboo (unless they attacked ) anywhere and always .
    My guess would be , that it's a lot easier to simply allow unlimited PvP in most zones , than calculating the level difference for every zone , and every encounter .
    Breanna likes this.
  17. TIDYBESTPVPERINTHEWORLD New Member

population is dead push eof thanks
    Daarkstar likes this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

how old is this server people ? 3 months or 4 at the most .
    If this had gone the usual way we would not even have the last 2 expansions , we might just begin to drag our way through the
    Peacock quest line .
    WE got the basic game ( vanilla ) and 3 extra expansion on top right of the bat .
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Toadyatheking New Member

never seen Raff in game must be one of those raid loggers......Dead
  20. Raff Well-Known Member

Are you illiterate or what? "Raff" is a Defiler on Antonia Bayle Server.