Devs... please with sugar on top: Decorator Mode X,Y,Z axis

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Valzen, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Valzen Well-Known Member

First a big thank you for adding pitch and roll to the tool several months ago. That was awesome!
    However, I and many others don't use the 2nd (or 3rd?) party editor and wish to have more options on the in game decorator mode tool. Please add sliders (xyz axis) so that we can slide things back / forth and sideways.

I had started this thread back in October https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/requests-re-edit-tools.541413/#post-5991782 but I'm afraid it may have gotten overlooked because the title said "edit tool".
    And perhaps someone thought I was referring the "editor" that's not SOE made.

Rotherian gave a great example in that thread with an image. Would REALLY appreciate the consideration for this.

Thank you!
    TarnaX, Cynara, Kismet and 3 others like this.
  2. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

This.

Another option i loved on another game was a z-lock: you type in the height you want to work at and all things place were at that z height. It was ace for building multi story buildings, houses on raised foundations, and placing roof tiles.
    Cynara and Valzen like this.
  3. Valzen Well-Known Member

Oh I like that. It would be nice to resize things just one way. Lots of times I stack columns, for instance, on top of each other for the height so as to avoid making them so big around. lol
    Cynara and Avahlynn like this.
  4. Valzen Well-Known Member

Are we allowed to bump threads? If so, umm.. then it's bumped. :) I know that MANY people want this. Maybe alot don't understand what I'm talking about, but it's so needed.

:( I'm sounding like a kid wanting that second ice cream cone. Geesh, I'm a 40-something year old woman begging for pixel tools!!! /sigh.........
    Cynara likes this.
  5. grlnxtdr Active Member

While we are at it, can we add a Function like the up/down, but instead side to side, so if something is the perfect height, but a little off center we can fix it without having to fight with the move function?
    Cynara, Valzen and Kismet like this.
  6. Valzen Well-Known Member

Side to side: Yep, that's what I mean. Also, back and forth. :)
    Cynara likes this.