Devastation... less devastating

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Kuvala, Feb 25, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Effie Guest

One might argue that a 500+ powerpool buff is just as important (and even more important to some classes) as HP/AC buffs.
    I also fail to see how the topic of cleric buffs is relavent in a discussion about Warlock AEs and DOT stacking.
  2. ARCHIVED-Melkor66 Guest

the relevance is the trend of how things are being done. Things that have a time duration. Buffs, dots, stuns, roots yata yata don't stack. The point is DoTs key part to maximizing dps for a warlock don't stack and Reactives HoTs and what not don't either so if you let ours stack we jump up in multiples in one group value were two druid, two inquisitor combos are still gimped as the don't do dps.
  3. ARCHIVED-Effie Guest

The point is DoTs key part to maximizing dps for a warlock don't stack and Reactives HoTs and what not don't either so if you let ours stack we jump up in multiples in one group value were two druid, two inquisitor combos are still gimped as the don't do dps.

Inq/Temp can deal DPS.... it's just in most groups they are expected to heal.
    I have a 26 templar.. one time I was grouped with another druid and templar... sure the buffs didn't stack and we had excessive healing power so I went into 'DPS mode'. I was consistently dealing the 2nd highest DPS in the group behind the wizard.

There must be some coding issue regarding DOT stacking because I fail to see how allowing same class DOTs to land on the same target would offer any sort of 'unfair advantage'
  4. ARCHIVED-Mild und Leise Guest

"Inq/Temp can deal DPS.... it's just in most groups they are expected to heal."

again, healers are not supposed to have high DPS, that's another issue.

and yes, in most groups they are supposed to heal, that's why their reactive heals and their buffs (which prevent damage also) are scaled down when grouping with others of the same class as a warlocks damage is scaled down with other warlocks, it's like i keep saying, the main advantage of each class is scaled down.
  5. ARCHIVED-Effie Guest

warlocks damage is scaled down with other warlocks, it's like i keep saying, the main advantage of each class is scaled down.

There is a flaw in your assertion.

A summoner's main advantage is DPS via pets yet there is nothing to stop 2 necro pets from dealing max damage on a mob.

And what about the poor shamen? Their buffs, wards, debuffs and DOTs do not stack... they really get the shaft if they group with someone in their own class.

Then there's the predators...only a handful of their spells/skills have stacking issues.

In order for your statement to be taken as fact, there must be some semblance of consistency amongst the classes. There clearly is no consistency so I will continue to stand by my statement that DOT stacking is either 'lazy' coding or a bug.
  6. ARCHIVED-Mild und Leise Guest

summoners actually have some really good buffs

yes, i agree about shaman not stacking well, they get more of a disadvantage than us by far, which is why i don't see why you're complaining about a slight dps decrease (which you could avoid anyways by timing your devastation)
  7. ARCHIVED-Modean Guest

Dot's are a form of Damage.
    A mele hit is a form of Damage.
    A direct damage nuke is a form of Damage.

Buffs and Debuffs are NOT forms of damage but in most cases are forms of damage mitigation.

Buffs and Debuffs stacking would trivilize encounters.

DoT's stacks would likey cause certain classes to have a greater attendence, but that is not different then a high power raid mob causing the need for more healers on a raid.

As it stand right now with 1 form of damage (DOTS) can not be used together. While the other 2 forms of damge above can be use at the same time. This is a bug, and Limites the need for these classes and should be fixed. All arguments against this logic should be looked at from the point that your form of damage should no longer be useable by adding a member of the same class to a group/raid.

Message Edited by Modean on 03-04-2005 09:10 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-ArconisDarkfyre Guest

I am a 33 warlock and a wizard is always ~25 dps below me when we run a damage output script..

Warlock is higher damage plain and simple... no matter whether they up the timer on one high level spell (Which isn't meant to be spammed anyway)
  9. ARCHIVED-Erowid Guest

Can someone PLEASE asnwere this question. Argueing over nothing unless that Data is here to debate is pointless....!!
  10. ARCHIVED-Andre Z Guest

Yeah!Good idea to stop possibly exploiting by cutting functionality and playbility of some classes down. For sure neverone not need neither bill of rights nor konstitution because if they dont have rights they can't screw them or call to them :)

Up to DoTs stacking... Main issue is - Second dot spell could not be casted if first ist on go. [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] with it! Its simple not fair to classes who have no possibility to choose their main weapon! Yes , as a programmer i know how hard it will be for server to keep up with all possible bufs ( tought it could be implemented much better as described on this topic). There are simple solution - Let the second dot be casted as DD spell with full potential of dot but without debuff component. Anyway most dots from same persone have an recast time > duration time. Whats wrong with it?