[DEV] When T4 allowed to kill?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Dzir, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Just make obtaining the debuffs part of a script ie kill/click/do some thing to get it not spend real life money to progress the last bit of an average at best expac we have already paid for.
  2. Gninja Developer

The answer is yes, a resounding yes.
  3. Yado Active Member

Umm No Being a former SoE Guide We didn't raid or group at all. Heck we didn't even level like a normal player. GM, DEV and QA may raid but I can assure you a guide did not.
  4. Sennen Well-Known Member

Just a couple of my thoughts on this situation, being a programmer......
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  5. Nero Active Member

Id love to, but we obviously haven't figured it out. We've now spent a good 10 hours in there continuously pulling it... i cant even tell you how many different things we have tried. So at what point do you say "its not working correctly" if you think you've tried everything? There is literally no way to know if its us or the script.

My only remaining thought is that we now need another GM Ascension ability outside of Glacial Freeze. G, could you at least prove or disprove that?
  6. Veta Well-Known Member

So you, specifically, chose not to group/raid. That does not mean all guides chose the same path. I raided with someone for almost 3 years who also played a guide on a different server.
  7. Kaarkula Active Member

Gninja used to raid in the past..Not sure if he still does.
  8. Arieva Well-Known Member

Summers coming..tell folks to log in on occasion to check their research progress on freeze. Come back to game in fall.

No seriously that is how bad this mechanic is. I won't pay for it and neither will I ask one member of my raidforce. If they volunteer then fine but I am not serious enough about raid progression in this game at this point to give one dime to a company that uses these tactics to make profit.
    Kaarkula, Agarth and Kioske like this.
  9. Gninja Developer

This is not the case. Also, you can get Glacial Freeze upgraded by 2 different in game means not just researching/insta-researching.

When I test the encounter on my end I compare what is happening in the fight with what the fight is looking for. When I do that it works every time. Doing the wrong thing fails every time. That is why I keep saying it appears to be working. I have not seen any evidence to the contrary. Even in game on live watching pulls from guilds wiping over and over. I can see the fails versus the failures on my end and why things failed. I just do not expose that to players as this is intended to be a very high skill encounter so there should be a lot of trying to figure out what works and what doesn't.
  10. Nero Active Member

Good to know.

Would you mind clarifying one more thing based on something that you said above?

Is is the "Doing the wrong thing fails every time" or is doing nothing at all that fails? I guess there is a large distinction between the 2 in my eyes.

For example, if the script was requiring a combo of spells XYZ to "counter the powerful magic" but we cast ZYX, is that then considered a fail or does the script wait a predetermined amount of time before triggering the fail condition to allow us to perform the correct action?
  11. Gninja Developer

Could be both

I don't feel comfortable giving out details on an encounter that has only been beaten a couple times. Maybe ask one or two of the guilds that managed to figure it out?
  12. Veta Well-Known Member

In other words, send tells to Daray, I hear he gets quite lonesome and loves meeting new folks.
    Zeddicious likes this.
  13. Yards Well-Known Member

Wait until after next patch, it should get a lot easier.
  14. Nero Active Member

Interesting....
  15. Kaarkula Active Member

The other ways to get glacial freeze = likely for 4 people to get it done sometime in august....