[DEV] When T4 allowed to kill?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Dzir, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Iduna New Member

On the 28th, it appeared she was doing ALL the scripts at once within 1 sec of pull. Pulls on previous nights she would switch up script order but they did not all occur at the same time on pull.
  2. Nero Active Member

Not to say that its not possible but out of the dozens of times we have killed the T1 version and the 20 or so times we have pulled the T4, I have never seen this happen.

I know some of the scripts have more than 1 element to them, and some can overlap a little depending on how much DPS you have. But I can honestly say that I have never seen the tank mem wipe, along with the flies, and the doppleganger happen all at the same time, or even close to the same time given the fact that you are not pushing it past the HP thresholds.
  3. Iduna New Member

Exactly, we had never seen it do that before but it occurred on all pulls that night. That is why we think something was wrong or changed drastically. Perhaps was just a weird bug because the zone was started and cleared all except her prior to patch. We zoned in on the 28th and spawned her.
  4. Kioske Well-Known Member

Basically the whole strat just meshes together from the get go. The mage joust, the swarm, the AE damage, the dopplegangers, all starts right as you pull her. Not one after the other, but all at the exact same time.

Also as Vogiee said, she takes more damage from Geomancer for sure, it's almost useless to even show up as any other ascension.
  5. Gninja Developer

We are aware of the damage type disparity and are working to correct it. Its something that is going to take time though otherwise we risk the changes making everything either unkillable or complete push overs.

As far as the script doing everything at once I have never seen that happen and I've seen a ton of pulls on it. The script is random in the T4 and Expert versions of the encounter so it may be that another phase of the script is starting at beginning rather than the one you are used to in the normal version of the encounter.
  6. Kioske Well-Known Member

We won't be pulling it again until Sunday, so I can update you then, but we were surely getting multiple parts of the script happening at the same time. I think the only one that we didn't get from the get go (at the same time on the same pulls) was the mem-wipe.
  7. Kioske Well-Known Member

Is this "working as intended"? Because "Pay to win" to kill raid bosses is very much the wrong direction this game should be going.
    DoomDrake and Agarth like this.
  8. Yards Well-Known Member

I hate pay to win however, this mob has some horrible loot and the update for the mythical is not needed yet. The last update for the mythical is presumed to be the boss of the expansion. I would just say skip this guy until you get farther into progression and closer to needed that update for mythical.
  9. Veta Well-Known Member

So Shanaira, he basically stated it would be more difficult to kill her and I'd like to also think it is. Any difference may be minor (I am not saying it is minor, but a possibility). She is difficult with it and even moreso without it, I believe I saw myself doing even more reduced dmg and being resisted more without it, or at least it felt like I was (I didn't check into the numbers that much). However, you don't need Shanaira to get to the new zone, only Terris + previous encounters (T1-T3 of the other zones are required to get onto her platform). You will probably be more upset to find out every boss in the next zone is lvl 109, or at least the first 2 are.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  10. Dzir Member

May be it is becouse we Russian, but we complete script of 80% Shanaira 7!!!! times and not understand how!
    What we must make to "counter powerful magic" on 80/60/40% on Shanaira?
    Allsor and Buco like this.
  11. Agarth Member

The physical versus magical damage disparity is a problem and according to Gninja it's being worked on.

Forcing a raid to have 4+ Glacial Freeze in grandmaster quality is another problem.

One solution is to add the "decreases effective level of target" component on all versions ( a raid would need 8 Glacial Freeze apprentices, 7 journeymans, 6 adepts and such... )

Another solution is to provide a realistic in game way of upgrading ascensions spells, here's some suggestions :
    - Increase the current drop rate by a very very large percentage. ( and fix adept & master recipes )
    - Buy ascension spells from a merchant with in game currency.
    - Use a fragment of planar energy to craft an ascension spell.

Atm the ascension upgrade system is pay to win, and it's ruining the game.
    Kioske, Revanu, Buco and 1 other person like this.
  12. Entropy Well-Known Member

The Glacial Freeze P2W problem is far more glaring than the damage type issues. Any encounter that is time-gated like this as a hard requirement (with people skipping ahead several months through $$$) is extremely concerning from a player's perspective.

It's one thing to make Ascension a decent chunk of our damage and let us buy higher tiers if we want - it's an entirely different story when you REQUIRE four people to have a skill at Grandmaster to even realistically attempt the mob. Guilds (mine included) are using crowdfunding accounts to get there. Is this the intended direction you want this game going?

Please put the delevel on a lower, more easily accessible tier of that spell (expert?) or figure out a better solution. I'm willing to accept a lot of temporary frustration as devs work through class and content balance, but hard P2W requirements are outside the bounds of acceptability.
    Kaarkula, DoomDrake, Kioske and 2 others like this.
  13. Kaarkula Active Member

Yeah - I wonder if this is truly the Dev's idea however. It is, without a doubt, deplorable - pay to win raid mobs... ouch.
  14. Nero Active Member

I would like to know how you unknowingly did this too.
  15. Dzir Member

I too ))
  16. Yards Well-Known Member

The script does not appear to be working exactly correct. There is some luck involved and over compensation for the it. That's about all I can say.
  17. Gninja Developer

Please elaborate. If you have to send me a PM. I would not assume things are broken just because you did not figure out how it works. Giving me more details than "script appears broken" will help me either fix the issue (if there is one) or let you know its working so you don't assume its broken.
  18. Kickya Active Member

One thing i did notice with pulling Shanaira the Prestigious several times on 1 raid.

6 pulls and each time the duplicate raid member adds seem to favor the same arc type each pull
    we got ALL tank or Healer adds

I guess if this happens again we will have to try all zone out all zone in and see if this resets the encounter fully and alows perhaps the scouts to have a go
  19. Kickya Active Member

more apt would be to ask . . .

Do the Devs GMs Guides ever raid period
  20. Veta Well-Known Member

I think both of these are good ideas, but I don't like the idea of requiring the raidforce to have specific ascension classes (the same for any normal class). Sure, everyone can switch to ascension at will, but you have to pick between if you would prefer to p2w glacial freeze or a different one. You would also have to choose if you want elementalist to be your primary, so if you do have to p2w glacial freeze you still have other good ascension abilities upgraded, or a different one. I could go on more about this but I'd rather throw out a suggestion.

My suggestion would be to remake the old archtype x2 debuffs, but not use those debuffs. Add in a new way to acquire what would be the new ones. Whether it is doing a questline, new x2 zone + questline, or acquiring it for the completion of a tier (basically like getting access to the zone, except you can't do the zone without the ability). The ability could be set to be like Vanlith archtype requirements, requiring you to have a specific amount of each archtype in raid to fulfill the increment loss (in this case the delevel/debuff) requirements. For instance, the fighter mushroom required 3 fighters for the mushroom to lose increments at a maximized rate. In this case, the debuff, for fighters, could have a 3minute reuse, with a 1minute duration and could possibly debuff something specifically if the right archtype lands. If the fight requires fighter debuff, it could delevel the mob and provide strikethrough reduction. The raid would need 3 fighters for the duration of the fight (make it a multi-tank fight in the first place so the other 1-2 extra tanks don't feel like a debuff bot). At least through this route anyone could easily take on the responsibility to fulfill the delevel of the mob and acquire the ability through other means than swiping their cre... I mean p2w.

People tend to quit just as new players join the game. I don't think using ascension and/or pushing/forcing p2w is a good way to go about the mechanic.