[DEV] When T4 allowed to kill?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Dzir, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Ellimist Active Member

Didn't mean auto. i thought you would script roughly the best cast order per class. But if not some test account for some guilds to help might be useful. would save you some headaches and us hehe.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

I know someone who could make that wish come true. :rolleyes:
  3. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Hello Gninja,

Since there are unfortunately some problems of not working properly, before you can carry out a really constructive consideration of the T4 Encounter, these problems have to be solved once!

This is not a criticism of the difficulty of the Encounter, but a criticism of the incorrect functioning of our abilities.

I count times a pair of problems, which me for example. At the ascension abilities and debuffs of epic weapons are noticeable.

Glacial Freeze:
    • If Glacial Freeze now runs out, it does not heal the encounter like at the beginning, but it fills the manapool of the encounter again to 100%. This should still be a bug.
    Brittle Armor:
    • Brittle Armor stack up to a maximum of 23 stacks instead of the imagined 50 stacks, so the maximum debuff is limited by an ascension elementalist to 40% of its actual combat mitigation debuff capacity. After 23 stacks, the Brittle Armor stack up component has just run out of time, and no one can hit the mob 50 times in 24 seconds, 50 times so it would stack higher. You would need at least 16 elementalists, by 23 stacks per elementalist, in raid to maintain this combat mitigation debuff nearly constant on the maximum debuff value. And since we are not yet talking about additional adds with the same combat mitigation as the named itself.
    Ethermancy:
    • Ethermancy should stack up the mob by 50% of its max mana drain to 50 stacks high, but it does not. On raid mobs, it stacks up to 7 or 8 stacks high, if it is stacked at all and not quite without stacks.
    The "Combat Mitigation" debuffs of Epic Weapons:
    • These combat mitigation debuffs are procs only when using hostile abilities, and only with a 15% chance to trigger, they only run for 4 seconds and are gone again.
    • On the one hand, the 15% chance is far too low to trigger often, with me it is every 6 to 30 seconds once. On the other hand, many of our abilities, in particular the ascension abilities, are already 2 to 4 seconds cast time apart and that at the 15% trigger chance, making it impossible to keep these debuffs constant. Furthermore, a lot of our abilities are not hostile, ie heals and shortbuffs etc. These have no chance at all to trigger these debuffs. The debuffs does not trigger on autoattack hits.
    So how are we to deal with these problems, the mobs debug properly, to really hurt to get this?

As for the last few days before the last patch, many of the T4 mobs have used the bogged elementalists and geomancers swarm pets, which have made incredible amounts of DPS. This was fortunately corrected.

Only because of the fact that these bent pets have been used the progressive progress you mentioned on the T4 Mobs not worth the value.
    Kioske, DoomDrake and Agarth like this.
  4. Lithinor Member

perhaps they're waiting on spells/abilities to be finished with their own "adjustments". getting t4 to below 80% with mechanics that weren't intended hardly seems like progress. maybe it shouldn't matter how fast the content is cleared as long as it's good content
    Earar likes this.
  5. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

@Gninja

Still complementary, to ascension's ability, brittle armor.

The problem with brittle armor is simply in the ability itself.

You need 50 stacks for the maximum effect, for the debuff of the combat mitigation.

The problem is, the stack phase runs 24 seconds and only one stack per second can be built or is allowed to build. Thus simply no more than 23 stacks are possible. If this is not corrected.

So it is not possible to debuff the T4 Encounter strong enough.
  6. Veta Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to get the equation for combat mitigation and the reduction? I feel it may be a linear decrease to a point followed by an exponential rise. The 2k combat mit difference between T3 and T4 is a drastic reduction in damage, compared to the damage reduction between the T1-T3. The PQs have the same combat as T3s but take damage as if they are T4s, which is probably why people assume there are hidden reduction values.
  7. Nero Active Member

My guess, without having anything to show for it, is that there is something outside of combat mitigation that is causing the damage on the T4s to be significantly less than what we are used to seeing. Obviously everyone is trying to figure out exactly what that "mechanic" is, because by the looks of it, Gnin purposefully put something in to ensure that we weren't gonna be able to go in and just burn it down.

watch.. its gonna be something like: mitigation value on your armor has a direct correlation to your damage output or for every person under resolve in raid she gets a hidden stack of 10% DR:p
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

That would actually be genius
  9. Gninja Developer

There is nothing intentionally blocking progress on the tier4s. I want you guys to kill them I just don't want it to be so easy that once killed every guild out there in the top 20 gets a kill the same night.

We did figure out some of the debuffs from the epics were not sticking properly on raid bosses so that is likely a huge part of the problem with DPS. We will get it fixed asap. In the meantime I would still practice them if you can as I'm sure they will still be difficult even if you do more damage to them.
    Ronjah likes this.
  10. Pitta Active Member

That's convenient.
    Ashandra likes this.
  11. nooooooo Member

Xpac is almost 6 months old and we're still beta testing mobs for you. Good Job....
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

Do you really believe they made the mob then thought, "Hey, we should just load up a full raid to see if THIS ability works properly!" Of course not. There are bound to be oversights and a bad attitude wont help that.
  13. Ronjah Active Member

It won't help, it is not intended to help but to express opinion. They try to enjoy a game (=entertainment != work), it gets on your nerves if stuff just does not work like it should continuously and never-ending.
  14. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

6 months for an expac that's been out 3, and only been viable to work on for what, 3 weeks due to epics being available?

If guilds are getting it down 25% or so with several epic buffs not sticking properly, that could increase pretty quickly when fixed without mob needing much adjustment currently.

It makes far more sense for the mobs to be very hard and get lowered over time, rather than being too easy and then made more difficult after some have already killed it.
  15. Melt Actually plays the game

I just hope they don't cave, Kraletus was good and also took forever for people to kill. If stuff is consistently possible, then it's easy enough.
  16. Yards Well-Known Member

These T4's are nothing like what kraletus was. Kraletus always seemed like it was plausible with a little more dps or gear etc ( except when the healing mobs were spawning way to fast ) however these T4's are just not even worth pulling, it is way to hard to even work out scripts then the name doesn't take barely any damage.
  17. Dzir Member

so many reduced damage intentionally blocking progress on the tier4s
    x10-20
    for example, a person makes DPS to 1 billion for t3
    and makes 30-40 million for t4
  18. Tigerr Well-Known Member

The problem right now is, the script CAN be adjusted to. My Lil Gnome friend, as you already know, the script itself is not terribly hard. Meaning with multiple pulls we can get it down through the use of triggers etc. The problem is, we beat on the encounter for 15 minutes in the past. The lowest we have gotten it down to was about 80%. That was with 2 broken Geomancer pets. I don't think this is a case of us missing a mechanic. I think it is a bit over tuned. Parsing it out, there is literally nothing that would change the outcome on this fight. Even taking all ascensions in the game (which people atm only have 2 choices that are lvl 5+) it still is not enough time to kill this.

Terris + Shanaira we have the exact same issue on. At first we thought it was the mechanic but once we somewhat got it down, the only thing that worked was the broken epic pets. There is absolutely 0 indication that there is a mechanic we are missing. Did anyone get it below 90% after the nerfs went in?.
  19. Gninja Developer

Lets keep this discussion constructive and on track. I am here listening to what you guys have to say and trying to communicate as much as possible so you see it is not falling on deaf ears. That said, if this discussion goes more the direction of abuse and threats then we will have a whole different problem on our hands.

We've identified some problems and are getting them fixed as quickly as possible. If we can't be constructive about this, the communication from our end will no longer happen in this thread. I've said before there are no intentional gates put in place to make these non-killable and we are watching it closely. I've sat in on many raids and many more who didn't know I was there. Some even in this thread claiming they've held the mob DPSing the entire time and died with it at 95% to the fight timer only to see that they cannot actually hold the encounter longer than a min or two and dying to scripted failure conditions. This has been seen with many different guilds and no, I am not calling anyone out specifically as what would that accomplish?

I have no problem discussing these things with the community as long as everyone can keep it civil but our patience can get thin when we start getting veiled threats and claims that we are ignoring folks' feedback.

If you've seen your replies in this thread disappear and have not heard otherwise from a moderator, consider that a warning.
    Luciar likes this.
  20. Jasmin New Member

Hello we T4 boss lived 15 minutes and robbed him of 9%, please tell me how to do it skripted that would remove damage absorption?