[DEV] TSO void shard gear on Fallen Gate - Not worth it?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Perrigrin, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

I offer here a comparison of gear. On the left is the T1 void shard gear, the middle is the T2 void shard gear, which as you can see isn't much better than the T1. And on the right is what I am currently wearing from RoK, the previous expansion. Can we please have a Dev look into this? This doesn't seem quite right.

[IMG]
    Armageddoux and Cheallaigh like this.
  2. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Welcome to the life on EQ2 TLE servers. Pay for a service, but be lucky to get anything in return.
  3. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

And some of the gear dropping in the shard zones have 93 primary stats on them. Even the quested stuff from what I've seen is better than the shard gear right now. I'm hoping this is an oversight.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  4. Jandraligeli Member

The void shard armour was reworked last time around. It looks like they've patched the old versions, which needs to be fixed straight away.
    Perrigrin likes this.
  5. Thadd New Member

I really hope this gets fixed soon. Makes running shards almost completely worthless. This was my favorite xpac of all time, and it was because of the Heirloom shards and the shard zones and quests.
    Perrigrin likes this.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Yes, it was patched with the RoK kander blender update.

Before it was all +100 stat and fairly decent, you could just run heroics and get a toon out just off of playing your main character, now you pray for random drops in heroics, and void shards just pile up endlessly.
    Kalika likes this.
  7. Kalika Well-Known Member

I also found out that Veksar 2 gear is also total crap, you et 72ish stats while other moderate to hard provide items with 92 or 100.

Lot of those legendary items are also badly designed, either they miss crit chancer or they miss casting speed. Many have only 2 blue stats or 3 but the third is usually crap.

They probably do have a hidden crit bonus stat, so we face the same issue a before.

Last it is very clear that items had been generated by a script, hence they are all the same ...
  8. Porcelina New Member

The Untamed Fell stuff is 100 stats
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

Net/Net... the generic legendary drops from dungeons is very generic and lack luster. But, the first tier of legendary dungeon gear has long been vendor trash anyway. This gear is only of use for a very short transitive period for recently leveled toons until they get some shards for shard jewelry (or chase some of the better drops).

Missing stat or not, its transitive items an active player wont use more than a few days, probably not the most important item to address, unless fixing the script fixes more than just this group of items. The risk is, buffing these very much at all may make shard jewelry less relevant, its a fine line.

Generally, the harder instances have pieces that are itemized higher that are worth wearing for a longer period.