[DEV]The exciting burnt key

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Shaoli, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Shaoli Member

Please change the mechanics of similar events in future.(Or, even this one!) In my opinion, War Essence was far more balanced...
    Theese should never ever rely on pure RNGjesus...

I don't even feel that I have to explain why... just check the video

NP for the music choice...

Thurgadin. Europe; daytime, 65 people in the zone. Only 1 person caught alive, everyone else: pure afk/afk-merc-farming (against rules)/ afk-spamming macros(against rules)
    And my guess is that it's same on every server.

I couldn't quest properly my signature timeline at Twark swamp a month ago because every single mob got insta afk-killed
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    DoomDrake and Wurm like this.
  3. Udonn Active Member

I'm guessing the afk kills are for tithe now that they nerfed the old zones. The overland mobs give more tithe than the instance mobs.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  4. Yado Active Member

This is one of the inherent issues of the burnt key. The problem is no one really knows how to go about earning one. All we really know is that we have to be put on a list by doing some unspecified thing in some unspecified area but we have to be in OF to receive the key after some unspecified time. I personally have been spending a great deal of time in OF killing the slugs, the Iskar and everyone of the solo-able named mobs. I even kill that one and only barracuda that resides in the zone and of course the key quests. When I am done playing for the day I leave my toons logged in standing in a tree in Twark. I do this more so I can look at my log files to see when the key has been handed out to a lucky player so I can get a better feel of the timers. Some as witnessed in the above video have taken to AFK killing mobs in order to gain a key. A lot of this could be mitigated by simply telling us in a more general terms what one need to do to get a key. We all know how to get a duck portal…. Below is the information I have gathered since thursday on who and when got keys on Skyfire.

(1489049756)[Thu Mar 9 03:55:56 2017] \#00FF00Baldbast has received a burnt key... Who knows what this could be for..
    (1489148911)[Fri Mar 10 07:28:31 2017] \#00FF00Tobrig has received a burnt key... Who knows what this could be for...
    (1489200483)[Fri Mar 10 21:48:03 2017] \#00FF00Rhiandrin has received a burnt key... Who knows what this could be for...
    (1489265956)[Sat Mar 11 15:59:16 2017] \#00FF00Boddie has received a burnt key... Who knows what this could be for...
    (1489336402)[Sun Mar 12 12:33:22 2017] \#00FF00Oais has received a burnt key... Who knows what this could be for...

(1489434586)[Mon Mar 13 15:49:46 2017] \#00FF00Disastrous has received a burnt key... Who knows what this could be for...
  5. Shaoli Member

The largest existing slow-clap gif which makes thread look messy isn't what this thread needs.

We all know you for your "positive light" when it comes to EQ2, because you love the game so much... but honestly, constructivity doesn't imply being positive at all times and you know that better than I do.

This event forced players to AFK-gameplay, you can't doubt that
    There are even those who automatically log off if you shout "Randomname has received a burnt key.."

Don't get me wrong, I loved the Burnt Woods narrative, the whole idea, but players greediness screwed the things up
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The saddest part is 8 hours later, can fly round Obulus 1 on Thurgadin and the same players are still stood in the same spots.
    Kittybock likes this.
  7. Anatha Active Member

I thought it was confirmed by a dev that being AFK does NOT get you a key. That is NOT how it works. You have to be doing something...key quests, regular quests, maybe harvesting the rares (don't know about that one). Is there any proof that these AFK players are actually getting keys?
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

They are being flagged as active in game though by killing a mob, or pressing a button every 30 mins or whatever.
  9. Anatha Active Member

Interesting...didn't know that. How rude! I have been doing key quests for quite a while now and crafting and the PQ but no key. However, I have crappy luck!
  10. Shaoli Member

A player just looted the key 2 minutes ago infront of me at twark swamp AFKing with merc on def. killing mobs. Take in account that twark mobs may hook you around (don't know if I'm correct here) but I think that game may interpter this as movement, since your position changes.
  11. Feldon Well-Known Member

Since it's unclear what I meant, I applaud the OP's concerns about putting powerful items in EQ2 behind extremely long odds RNG. I keep waiting for burnt keys to end up on the Marketplace.
  12. Shaoli Member

Sry, my bad, I didn't understand what you meant at first....
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Yado Active Member

What they need to do is get rid of the whole key part. Make it like the duck Portals. There again they would need to add a lot more beasts to kill in OF, as of now if you think about it there isn't a whole lot to kill there. OR better yet they could put the RNG Key on the last boss in all of the KA solo or advanced solos and or all of the KA instances for that matter. Make it a NbG roll if more than one player is present when the key drops.
  14. Alittlerusty Member

Just add it to the key quests now or to finale boss for KA daily or weekly only .
    As is now I see nothing but afk campers all over , even at OF PQ on there big *** rides.

Should the OF PQ cast more aoe's knock them off , that way If I die so will they.
  15. Tabby New Member

I like the idea of adding it as a very rare reward to a key quest and/or KA daily/weekly. I think it'd make the most sense on a key quest, though.
  16. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Correction more then KA Heroic zone trash mob kills
  17. Shaoli Member

18. Heck62 Active Member

One of my guildies got a second burnt key on the same toon,So yes It can happen.
  19. Pixilicious Well-Known Member