[Dev] The 2 Step Process to Fixing Warlocks

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Mogrim, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Mogrim Well-Known Member

1) Reduce the amount of increments we need to be at "max increments" to match Wizards OR increase our increment nuke damage to match Wizards. I'm not asking for both. I'd prefer the first path, even though it will essentially continue to cause the "frantic" playstyle that a Warlock needs to maintain in order to excel. (I can elaborate if you don't know what I mean by this --> suffice to say, while casting OTHER abilities, we're constantly toggling Negative Void on and off and back on and back off. Meaning, we need to multi-task WHILE clicking all our abilities, if we want to be "good". I don't mind that, as long as we don't have to work harder than Wizards to get inferior results.

2) Change Focused Casting. I don't care how it is changed, but the end result essentially needs to be a 10 second 50% damage spike. It needs to be a pure damage spike. Why? It has twice the reuse of Fiery Blast, and yet currently in a normal raid or heroic setting, it gives us a 5-7% damage boost AT MOST, while Fiery Blast is typically at least 25-30% (or significantly more) damage spike for the wizards, on HALF the reuse. So in fairness, I'm asking for Focused Casting to be a little less than twice as powerful as FB, while up half as often.

I'm asking for our increment nuke to be "a little worse than Wizards", and for our "burst damage temp" to be "a little worse than Wizards" - hopefully you'll see I'm not even asking for what we SHOULD get, but I'm asking for something LESS than we need in the hopes you'll at least give us this, and give the few elite players who hang onto this class at least a CHANCE to compete. In all seriousness, we need more than this, but so far, every time we've asked for help, we've been told "oh, we're not looking at class balance" and it has progressively become worse and worse.

Help me Devkenobi, you're my only hope.
  2. Konc3pt Active Member

Remember when Focused Casting put warlocks in a league of their own? I do.

I think Focused Casting is fine as it is. ^_^
  3. Yards Well-Known Member

I'm taking Konc3pt's advice and betraying to wizard.
  4. Mogrim Well-Known Member

In fairness - if FC had been a pure 50% damage increase the entire time, it would've never needed nerfing.
  5. Veta Well-Known Member

I 'member.