Dev Team: Consolidated Dirge suggestions Please Send Feedback!!!

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-ZOAR007, Oct 21, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

This thread seems to have been dead awhile, and I'm not really going to resurrect it, but it did seem to be read when it was live, and I wrote something elsewhere (does SOE read every thread? I haven't a clue.) that seemed to hit a chord for some, even if it was an E-flat-minor-6, so I apologize if this cross-posting is an egregious breach of etiquette.

Whysp
    =====
    Forgot to mention one thing that really burns my bacon.
    Our 'fun' spells aren't. Honestly, I see people bouncing off walls and ceilings and turning into flame-beings and all sort of stuff. For us, we can make a character appear as if they've got an embarassing intestinal disorder, and we can turn into dark elves, which is fine for the singer-songwhiners but entirely worthless for the actual dark elves and mildly embarassing for the rest of us. If I wanted to look wasted and decadent I'd start smoking, for all love.
    A short digression from dictionary.com:
    dirge n
    Music.
      1. A funeral hymn or lament.
      2. A slow, mournful musical composition.
    1. A mournful or elegiac poem or other literary work.
    2. Roman Catholic Church. The Office of the Dead.
    Also, see below for the lyrics to an ancient dirge.

Hello!? Depraved dark elves and malignant flatulence? I don't think so.
    We should remind people that life is short and death comes to us all; and then if they want to go the route of depravity and La Bohemish live-for-the-moment-for-tomorrow-we-die-and-look-fabulous-doing-it, then fine, go to.
    How about a sound-effect for Melancholy Melody; a chant or a descending violin line or a tolling bell? Or a spectral figure briefly appears above the target, scythe upraised, with a tolling bell added in? And for a shape-change, what about a banshee, wailing for the dead?
    Whysprr
    =====
    A Lyke-Wake Dirge
    This ae nighte, this ae nighte,
    -- Every nighte and alle,
    Fire and fleet and candle-lighte,
    And Christe receive thy saule.

When thou from hence away art past,
    To Whinny-Muir thou com'st at last;

If ever thou gavest hosen and shoon,
    Sit thee down and put them on;

If hosen and shoon thou ne'er gav'st nane
    The whinnes sall [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] thee to the bare bane;

From Whinny-muir when thou mayst pass,
    To Brig o' Dread thou com'st at last;

From Brig o' Dread when thou mayst pass,
    To Purgatory fire thou com'st at last;

If ever thou gavest meat or drink,
    The fire sall never make thee shrink;

If meat or drink thou ne'er gav'st nane,
    The fire will burn thee to the bare bane;

This ae nighte, this ae nighte,
    Fire and fleet and candle-lighte,

Anon (This is believed to be an 18th century version of a much older text)
  2. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

Maybe start a new fresh issues thread. Especially one that doesn't have a title that Devs don't respond to?
  3. ARCHIVED-ZOAR007 Guest

life after 60 for me, is...a bit slow. I don't want to get negative. Fact is I enjoy the game and the dirge class. But I'm 44 in real life, oin the road, have a company to run and body that needs to put it lightly, a tuneup. Health issues, rrr. I did not intend to abandon this thread. I'm still going to play, now and then.
    And I'll check in on the thread , but you all may be better served by someone who actively plays and is as passionate as I was, to take over this thread. It will make a difference. Sony will listen.
    See you all around
    My post wouldn't be my post without an edit, lol
    Btw Merry Christmas and Happy New Year All!

Message Edited by ZOAR007 on 12-30-2005 01:09 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

I hope you are feeling better in the future Zoar. Health problems are always a pain.
  5. ARCHIVED-playatru Guest

i miss em where are you man you used to fight for the ppl lol
  6. ARCHIVED-Dakwa Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Lord Hackenslash Guest

Just a thought here, if the mobs are dying before you can get your debuffs on them, then perhaps you don;t need to debuff them...
  8. ARCHIVED-Dejetdude Guest

But if you don't have time to get debuffs in on a short fight (heroics), and with upkeep costs can't afford to use debuffs on long fights (epic). When are we going to use our debuffs and how much good are they doing our class?

Depending on the makeup of the group I often cast a debuff at max range on the pull. Melee heavy groups I'll Clara's, and on a group with less then two Healers I would Daro. On a rare epic, something we can burn down fast I might use both, but usually I just Daro and dps.

Frankly our debuffs are not the reason we get grouped, they just add a little (very little) to our utility.
  9. ARCHIVED-Dakwa Guest

I doubt that they do little. I use Clara's a lot and when I don't you can see the difference. Last night in Nek Castle, it was a while before I got to use Clara's due to being stund early by an aggro, which the ma pulled from me. Before the clara's the tanks were doing between 150 to 260 a hit, after I cast it they went from 270 to 375 a hit. This was of course besides their specials which also went up after the song was played.
  10. ARCHIVED-Novarius Guest

when u use all 4 encoutner debuffs and must manage Multiincoms or adds a dirge is faster oom than the tank that must taunt them all in higher lvls. best example here is sanctum of scaleborn:
    u tank pulls one encounter group, during fight a roamer aproaches and during handle with them u get a repop or 2 (ok thats worst case but not uncommon in sanctum) so u play out u encounter debuffs and they draining from activation time till there time is over. now u maybe fear a single mob away too. than u spit out some dmg and single target debuffs. time for the encounter debuffs now again on the heavist mob that still stands. and again some dmg to get a mob or 2 out of the race. after handling the last mobs that came back from be feared u dont can tell me u mana pool is good enove for such an action again with only ur own buffs and without über manareg equipment.
    before lvl 60 i sometimes let aside the selfbuff song for a group benefit one, but since 60 this isnt makeable for me because if i do i can call after 3 pulls in a row for a manapause. not to mentation that the debuffs and buffs from 5x to 6x dont get a huge advantage in increasing/decreasing stats but eat up a big bunch more of mana.
  11. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

HOLY CRAP Necro post!

Haha, while I won't relish the discussion, if you want to post power issues re: dirge, post em in the current issues thread. This one's DoF and dated at best.