[DEV] Ranger DPS

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Wolf_, Feb 19, 2017.

1. kluxor Well-Known Member

TBH, we could just name this thread <Non-BL DPS>. Everyone can argue who's fighting for 2nd or 3rd on the parse while BL is far ahead of everyone else
    Azian likes this.
  2. Mogrim Well-Known Member

We need Bernie Kanders to spread the dps around. For too long, Beastlords have refused to share their damage with the rest of us!
    Kioske and Snikkety like this.
  3. Protips Member

ranger's hawk is doing like 6-7x of BL and assassin's dumbfire now. the bird alone can outparse half a raid if not a dps class.

this is getting glorious.

I say it is about time, eq2 should just have 4 classes with 4 ascension classes, scout mage fighter and priest where all same archetype is merged and give a new set of archtype skill.

since the math is too hard for devs to balance it out and the fix one broke two is in a circular motion, sorc will always behind summoners, and BL ranger assassin trading top spot given who got the "non-intended" skill.

also the people keep quitting lately

can someone please point out where this is going? working hard on balancing the game? lol
  4. Talduke Active Member

So rangers are finally put back on the map and people already complain? comparing ranger pet to bl/sin dumbfire is pointless. its up full time so its more appropriate to comparing it to a summoners pet or bl warder. I will have a better test bed to look at Saturday after raids but from the few named we did tonight rangers look to be on par with summons. Our rangers hawk was high on his parse but far from the billions we were getting from op dumbfires and seem to be on par with our current pets. so yeah id say good job devs on boosting rangers to t1 levels.
  5. Rougez Active Member

I see nothing in the patch notes about rangers...
  6. Protips Member

30+% dps from a pet is normal? I mean c'mon be real. They are all epic ability, assassin/bl is 4% of their dps and ranger is 30+%, and you feel thats ok..
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

So Savage Ally been nerfed to oblivion?
  8. duckster Active Member

Please show these numbers ...
  9. Wolf_ Member

Yesterday I tested the pet in a few heroic instances. I'm not convinced that this solves the problem because its like before. Don't need an higher average dps output we need an oportunity for burst dps. A pet which makes 150mio dps dont mind in case of a bossfight where you make over a billion. And in trash fights it is really overpowered because you do nothing for this dmg....

And I can't confirm that the pet does 30% from rangers dps. My hawk is master and does approximatly 14% of my zone dps. Less in named fights more on trash....

I'll test it tomorrow in raid conditions. Can't belive that the pet alone could make more dps than an supporter....
  10. Jasmin New Member

figures sadness hawk gives DPS Ranger 35-37%, but even so, 10% Beastlord still produces more.
    if the hawk do worse then what you need to give the Ranger that he was Beastlord level.
  11. Wolf_ Member

I think we can't compare the pet dps procentually among different rangers btw. Because the pet does with same equipment and spell tier the same dps but the rangers self dps is very different.
  12. Jasmin New Member

[IMG]
    rank ancient
  13. Wolf_ Member

This is exactly what i mean.... i have to find an option to upload screenshoots... i have a parse for the same encounter but before the patch. The dps spread is completly different to yours.

all around 1,5billion

1. ethershadow assa 371mio
    2. dagger storm 177mio
    3. sniper 157mio
    4. sniper 157mio
    5. sniper shot 90mio
    6. blazing weaponary 67mio
    7. makeshift arrows 57mio

On sunday i will check the hawk on raid. But exactly this is what i mean....
  14. Entropy Well-Known Member

Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration. I saw parses of the hawk doing 250M+ on long fights (T3 nameds). Did you mean healers, tanks and lazy utility when you said "half the raid"? If so, then yeah. Half the raid I guess.

My dumbfires, at Ancient, are now doing 50M sustained DPS (non boosted) on dummy testing. I don't have enough long duration fights yet to see how it plays out on raids, but I do try to wait for fervor proc, so I'm going to have a trade off of wasted cooldown time vs stronger dumbfires while they're up. If they break 100M sustained on a long fight I'll be happy, but I don't know if that's doable anymore.

I know they're working on tweaking stuff. I really don't care where they go with DPS class balance, I just want a coherent (and communicated) vision.
    captainbeatty451 and DoomDrake like this.
  15. Azian Well-Known Member

This was one of the things I really didn't understand either.

Agree with what you are saying here but I have to ask about the last part. What exactly about the Brigand epic spells makes you feel they are so great? Before you answer, you may or may not know that Double up is NOT acting as ability double cast any longer (since they fixed the broken daze effect a few days after they originally changed the ability) and it does not work on any ascension abilities I've tried it with (etherealist). While I don't put the brig epic abilites in the category of awful like +Parry they are far from uber. I just put them in at firmly mediocre.
  16. Zelox Active Member

they were probably referring to before the patch that adjusted swarm pet dmg.
  17. Wolf_ Member

Okay I've tested the hawk on raid yesterday and I'm really impressed. I think with this tool rangers are T1 dd again. I can confirm the 30%+ even more on T3 raidcontent. The only problem I see is that you have to do not much for this dps and it's like said before one spell. But on comparisions we shouldn't forget that those 30% are required to do such an high dps like other T1 dds. And so I think yes it's only one spell but without another adjustment this high amount is necessary.
  18. Archer New Member

I love my new Hawk but seriously its doing a bit to much damage. On average 30% of my parse but sometimes it hit 55% of my parse in raids. Its free dps and requires no skill. I would rather the Hawk did 10% of my parse and my other abilities I actually press were boosted.

My hawk does more dps than the necro and conj ancient pet and that's just wrong.
    duckster and Protips like this.
  19. Protips Member

2 thumbs up for Archer. most sane person 2017.
  20. duckster Active Member

They share stats with caster so the numbers will vary from player to player.

However having a stalker(pet) doing large numbers is lazy and id much prefer it to actually boost my outgoing dmg on castable abilities whilst the pet is active(% increase to abilities perhaps - 10% at a starter figure) .

It would also make the parse look less Ascension orientated too.