Dev Question: Beserkers End Game Role

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Zhonata, May 19, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Tomanator Guest

Now that we have some educated responses for the devs, can any of them come on and validate some of the issues they see with the zerker.
    They say they wont respond when someone is negative but they go and do it anyway, we have had posts explaining that we are in need of some attention for 7 months now, and not one dev stopped by and said shiat. Two of them stop and tell us to post things in a rational manner, and we never hear another breathe again.
    IS ANYONE OUT THERE READING this from Sony that is a Dev or game designer, etc...? Just let us know you are listening when we are at least pleading our case that we need help.
  2. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

it's obvious they're reading this forum since they posted in this thread. whether or not any worthwhile changes will be made, i haven't gotten that feeling from their reply yet.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tomanator Guest

Lyger - Based off of the lack of attention the Berzerker has gotten, I have thus determined that devs do not read our boards.
    To Devs, Please do a search for BERZERKER BETRAYAL on these forums, and then decide if we need some help.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tiberuis Guest

Blackoath@Kithicor wrote:
    I agree with Blackoath, the zerker class is hurting in the aggro department, and could use some love in the avoidance department as well, IMHO, since ROK came out.
    I hope that you get some Dev attention that is positive for your class. It sounds like some "nice changes" are on the way for the zerker, that is very encouraging.
    Class balance for the plate tank family as a whole needs to be looked at, particularly for end-game raid content. Guardians are sillysauce right now, uber tanking and DPS. And Amends for the Pally's takes them a bit over the top as well.
    I feel like an expert on plate tank class imbalance. My main is a Shadowknight. If you really want to experience poor aggro control, paper thin defensive abilities and sad, sad DPS on a raid, roll yourself an SK.
    The Devs need to understand that folks play other plate tank classes too. Not just Guardians.
    Good luck my fellow AOE/DPS tanks, I hope you get some love.
  5. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

Tomanator wrote:
    well one went out of his way to come here and read this thread and replied to it so i don't know what to say.
    what he said didn't sound encouraging but most of what he sais sounds that way so who really knows what to expect.
  6. ARCHIVED-swimgod Guest

Kemt,

I've fixed my Berserker woes canceled my 4 accounts in EQ2, last one runs out next week...the one with the Zerker. I've moved and so have whole guilds to Age of Conan.

Roll a tank there.

More players than EQ2 ever had.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tomanator Guest

So has anyone heard anything concrete about our class getting evaluated, other then the devs saying they acknowledge that they are reading the forums?
  8. ARCHIVED-Arinwulf Guest

If you want to play a warrior; one that follows history and fictional literature in the ability to kill things, then by all means get Age of Conan where the class is treated with respect and isn't dissed by a bunch of fingerwaggler-wannabe Devs that watched too much Bewitched and/ or Charmed when they were kids.
    SOE needs to kick the current crop of Devs in the butt, tell them to get off their high horse, lose the arrogance and start listening to the people that are playing one of THE most important classes in the game.
    Between the terrible way they treat those of us who play this class and the ridiculous next expansion involving the Void, someone in SOE needs change the direction of this game's development or it will continue to wither.
  9. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Arinwulf wrote:
    Oooh, yeah, there's an idea. Go play AoC where you can solo PvE and be level 80 in a week and have nothing left to do until they finish the game. Yay! Visuals are nice, I'll give it that. Glad I tried before I bought it.

You know, as a player I seriously LOVE it when Developers post. I imagine a lot of us do. It's as if a prayer has gone up from the player base about something and behold! The Gods have answered! Just looking at some recent ones . . . Fireflyte responding to SoH drop questions and the Jewel of Animosity . . . Rothgar addressing lag issues . . . Domino being Domino . . . Aeralik acknowledging he found the issue with the Bloodthirsty Choker and is looking into it. That stuff makes people happy!

When it turns out to be a total tease / non-answer though, it kinda sucks and makes me feel about the size of my gnome and just as silly.

But the thing about developers . . . they're all people, dude. As are most of us. So sometimes their responses might be worded in such a manner that they may be perceived as condescending. Sometimes we might be hopped up on Mt. Dew and just perceive them in a manner other than intended. It's probably a lot easier to reply without being misinterpreted when it's a cut and dried issue. When it's a rounding issue. When it's explaining that you only get 50AAs per tree until level 70. Not so much when it's "I'm a Zerker. Woe is me! Tell me, ye Gods, what am I to do?"

There are plenty of posts by Aeralik like the example above that are helpful, informative, and much appreciated. But then there's his response in this thread. Unfortunately I think Aeralik's comments could mean ANYTHING and serve no purpose other than to further incite an already dissatisfied community. Look at me, for example. I'm incited. (Although, I'm also hopped up on Mt. Dew)

In the short term there are no big changes planned. . . . No big changes . . . so are there ANY changes planned? Fixing the wording on abilities to match their functionality or vice versa, for example? Fixing the brokenness of Unyielding Will and it's associated AA or is that being left broken as compensation for other issues? Or does this mean there are NO changes planned at all?

In the long-term anything is possible and it's highly probably you will see some nice changes. So . . . long-term as in next expansion? This mean we'll get some new abilities in the next expansion and they will probably constitute "nice changes"? Or does this mean there's something 2-3 updates from now? Does this mean you have no plans to address any of the specific issues brought up to date? Or that you don't perceive them to be issues?

Again. Human. I'm sure he meant to come off sounding like "Buck up, lil camper. Happy times are coming" and it just came off like "Well, nothing's going on now, but who knows, maybe someday you'll get something you'll like."

Or maybe I'm wrong and he just hates us and wants to watch us whine some more.

WTH is my point? Oh yeah. I don't think the Developers actually hate us, or are totally unresponsive. It would be great if they were MORE responsive; if they were able to respond on the forums more like Domino does. But I think that should be limited to SPECIFIC issues, not broad, vague, far-reaching topics especially if they really have nothing to say on said topics. And I think they should bring beer. And not some watered down light beer, but a really good beer.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jrral Guest

Possible Aeralik's running into the same problem I have as a developer: the lag between when I propose a change and when it actually gets deployed to production. For things larger than a small bug-fix that may be anywhere from "next week" to "4 months from now". And worse, I won't know what it'll be until the work's done and sent to QA. On the long end, it's not unusual for the actual schedule to only be set about 3 weeks before deployment, which can be 3-4 months after I finish the work. I can tell someone how long it'll take me to do the work, but QA are the ones who know when they'll get time available to test it and once it's tested it's Project Management who sets the actual release schedule based on all the other changes that need released too.
  11. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

the only problem i had with Aeralik's response is it sounds like we aren't getting a [I cannot control my vocabulary] thing anytime before next expansion. at that time, one persons perception means much different to one person vs another, meaning they probably have some wild ideas for us that may keep us happy next expansion until we start raiding and see the flaws yet again in the zerk class development and it's focus in a direction that is a barren wasteland, all while losing even more of our class defining abilities to other tanks who should not even have the abilities we call our own(since that seems to be all we have).
    PS: don't tell them about UW being broken, don't tell them that the necklace of woven flesh was broken, don't tell them bellow is broken either. we need every bone we can get with this foresaken bs one trick pony class, i support not telling them a thing that helps us do our job like we should be able to do it.
  12. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

That's just it, it incited us further. It gave us no information about what we might expect, or in fact whether we should expect to see anything before the next expansion, as you said. And I can understand not giving us information like that if they don't know how long it might be before any said changes get in. That makes sense. How much will people not let Guild Halls go ever since it was let loose that they were on the table?

Good or bad, I'd rather have **** work and do what it says it will do. I understand class imbalance. . . dude there's 24 classes. It happens. I've seen classes rise and fall since launch. But when something is just flat out BROKEN that's another story.

If it doesn't work properly and it's in our favor like UW I'm always afraid that other shoe is going to drop and it'll be "fixed". Plus I'm still embarrassed for the people who made it, especially when it goes on for so long and everyone knows about it. And when it's broken and decidedly NOT in our favor, like Adrenaline / Juggernaut, I'm irritated and equally embarrassed. I WANT people to know about it because I believe they really DO care and they want everything to work properly. I want them to acknowledge that they know about it and say "We're working on it." (as they do sometimes) and then eventually fix it. Demanding, I know, but those little lines from Aeralik and others saying "I've identified the problem. Working on a fix." rock. The posts that seem to taunt us and say that nothing big is wrong and you'll probably get some fudge someday . . . . well, that and just total non-responses to simple black and white issues . . . . GAH! That's frustrating!!!!!

WTH is wrong with Bellow?
  13. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

nothing apparently, for some reason i never noticed it working through stuns and stifles before in EoF.
  14. ARCHIVED-schizolic Guest

its always worked through stun or stifle, least, as far as i can remember it did, guards version does the same.

i was thinking, maybe the only way to get changes made is to pretend to be guards and start screaming for zerker nerfs.... might not be good changes, but seems to be the only kind the devs pay attention to for us.
  15. ARCHIVED-SugarGirl Guest

Glad to see that Gnorbin and Aerlik are still reading the zerker threads. I gave up my zerker for a Dirge a couple years ago.. and then quit the game altogether for another couple years.. I came back on recently to see if anything changed for zerkers, but they are still just .. meh. These days I just dink around so my GF can have someone to group with.. any way I could get someone to send me an email when zerks get fixed? I'd really like to raid with mine... or maybe they could at least take the No-Trade tags off of the fabled gear so I could actually outfit my zerker. I haven't even been able to get him in a pick up raid.
  16. ARCHIVED-FaidenNight Guest

hahaha, when I am having a bad day I just jump on the forums to make me laugh again....Here is the answer to all the zerkers questions.....SOE does not care about your complaints.....the only reason the devs responded with anything (and like usual no answers) is because people now have a legitimate game they can go to in AoC and instead of continuing to beg for fixes people are just leaving the game. They don't care how much you complain, you are still playing and paying their pay checks! I hate to be negative because I too like most of you was very proud of my class for a few years until SOE decided they wanted to make the tank class for guardians only and pushed the zerker class to a slacker class that now stuggles to find a raid guild that wants them. You can complain all you want but it's not going to help because the problem is with SOE's devs and poor communication with the people that play their game. I don't even think they have a dev for the Zerker class do they? Isn't he the dev for the Assassin class? That goes to show you where we stand. SOE is working on the new game, The Agent, so I'm sure they are putting all their eggs in that basket for the future. Now that so many people have left EQ2 and gone to AoE (Including me) all they can worry about now is running their little promotion to try and get people to come back to their game! Even if they did fix it now I doubt I would come back because we have been complaining to them for over a year to fix the class and all they can give is a don't ask for your class to be fixed this way and a maybe in the future their will be a fix!! Their service (or lack of) just stinks and I finally gave up on them....Go look at AoC's customer service and forums....they actually list daily what they are doing and fixing and they listen to everyones complains or issues!! and they actually do it before everyone starts quitting!
  17. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

FaidenNight wrote:
    Ok before i coment i need to say that i am fed up with the zerker class too. I think this guy has a point about devs ignoring us and AoC does scare them. But
    For the love of god enough with this AoC rocks crap already. I have an AoC account and im ganna cancel it this month cause AoC suks bawls. Its just Vanguard part 2. Most of the people playing AoC are just fed up with there current game, be it WoW or Eq2 or whatever. I can tell this cause so many ex-eq2 players come into eq2 and post on the forums about how eq2 sucks and this and that and come play AoC cause it rocks. ( And it dosent )
    Its funny to me however that eq2 has ignored and alienenated ( sorry cant spell but that is the perfect word for it ) so much of the population that they will jump ship at the very next game they think is halfway decent and then come back and try to destroy the game they used to play lol. WTG sony.
    And please dont reply to me and tell me im wrong and AoC rocks. I have played it and i know what it is.
    Sorry to de-rail the tread but please all you people who love AoC god bless you. Go play AoC and please stop coming into eq2 and telling everyone who will listen about how great AoC is. If someone likes AoC and wants to play it they will.
    Even with all that said i agree with alot of what he said. The zerker class is gimped and wont get helped prob till the expansion, if ever.
  18. ARCHIVED-FaidenNight Guest

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my writing. I don't think I said AoC rocked and everyone should move. While I do play AoC and personally think it’s a good game for one that just launched, they have a ways to go and things to fix. The point I was trying to make is the fact that SOE does not care about the people and the responses you get from the devs and their customer service shows it. We have been asking for help for a long time and when a dev finally does say something it’s don’t ask that way or a nothing right now but maybe someday! A perfect example of them not caring about the people is the ranger class….Rangers started complaining after RoK and never got any answers until the class finally banded together and started letting their accounts expire. Then SOE decided to work with them and try to fix issues with them…even though I don’t think they helped much in the end. SOE has more important things to worry about then helping fix one class. They have to make sure they spam their LoN commercials in channels so people will buy their cards and make sure they get this big summer promotion thing in order so they can get all their people back that are leaving…..I got an idea, why not make the people that are playing the game now happy first!
  19. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

AoC is a refreshing change IMO, but a short-term one. I, for one, was hoping for better but it's nothing I could convince my guild to switch to. IMO the reason there's more developer posting right now than in EQ2 is that there's more stuff that's broken. The things that I know of that are actually BROKEN for Berserkers are relatively few and not game-breaking. It's just mind-blowingly annoying that detailed, specific issues like that can't get a peep despite months of reports//posts but there's plenty of time to pop in and respond to the 37th broad, vague complaint thread about our class in general just to give a complete non-answer to the everything expressed therein. To that end I can totally relate to where FaidenNight is coming from.

I for one am not fed up with the Zerker class like some are, however. I'm in T1/T2 raids though. Everything except VS. So where my gnome roams we can tank just fine. And there are multi-mob encounters. And we're no more difficult to keep alive than Guardians. At least for now I'd be happy as a puppy with two peters if THE BROKEN STUFF was fixed. (and if the Barbute of the Wrathbringer would @#$%ing drop. Ever.)

Ah, Test patch day. If you haven't read the notes yet, don't. Have someone kick you in the down-below instead. Looks like it will be at least another 6 weeks before we see any of those "no big changes" planned for the short-term.
  20. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

Kurgan@Everfrost wrote:
    Ok first of all FaidenNight, fair enough. I wasnt really meaing that whole thing pointed dirtectly at you personaly. Just seemed to me you were doing the same crap i see so many others doing. Came off that way to me but after reading your next post I see your not doing that.
    And to you Kurgan. I dont have a real problem with your post except 2 things. The first thing i underlined is right, there are multiple mob encounters but theres not nearly enough of them. Not by a long shot and this is a problem sony has admitted to, although i cant rember where i saw the post. I mean if you think that the AoE classes arent getting screwed in RoK you are just simply wrong.
    The second thing i underlined is just wrong in every way possible. We have less avoidance and hps compared to guardians. No way around that. They have a sta and hp buff we dont and they have a parry buff we dont. And they do roughly same single target dps. Whats the trade-off? We get nice AoE dps and thats next to useless in this expansion, see point #1.