Dev Question: Beserkers End Game Role

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Zhonata, May 19, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Zhonata Guest

What is your intent for Beserkers at the end game? What Role are we supose to fill in Raids?
    Its a pretty simple question and I dont want any flames or anything. I Just want an honest answer from a dev.
    I honestly don't see there being anything that another class can't fill better.
  2. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

it's in that little book that came with your game.
    not really a flame but we seriously don't need anymore of these threads. if there is a better AE tank class out there i'd like to see it.

edit: oh, and don't hold your breath for a dev to reply. even if they do read here it's once every blue moon that they actually respond to anything.
    i understand people are frustruated but too much sarcasm and no one will want to help this class, at least be honest with yourself and prove your worth before calling each and every one of us worthless.
    sure i may be flipping sides but after losing so many i feel we need to have more positive attitude around here to try and salvage what we still have. given the chance we still have a place in raids, if you are willing to put that effort in still.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zhonata Guest

I never said we or I for that matter were worthless I said there isnt any role that we can fill that cant be performed better by someon else.
    Yes we have Great AE aggro control and our tanking is fine for everything below raid mobs. How may raid mobs does this help with?
    As for the manual we are supose to be offensive tanks. From what I understood when I started the game was the Beserker and Guardian were supose to be 2 sides of the same coin both tanks, not equal but close, one using damage to control aggro and one using abilties and utilities. This natural leans toward the the guardian tanking more proficiently as they can hold aggro in Defensive stance, but we end up doing more damage so it evened out.
    A year ago this was the case, now the 2 are on 2 completely diffirent levels of tanking.
    Hince my question being in refrence to endgame material IE Raiding.
    I want to know what SOE thinks we should be using the class for because I honestly don't see a purpose for us in a raid group aside from grp buffs and to be honest there are other classes that do that and are more benificial to the raid as a whole. Hince why Beserkers are dieing off.
    If Im paying to play the game and spent the time to lvl a character this far I think we deserve and simple answer as for what our purpose is.
    I.E. "Spec for damage and try to out parse the scouts" or "There is way to tank raid mobs proficiently you just suck at life."
    If the DEV's dont reply then they don't reply that is their prerogative, but please do not take the post of topic and yes you are flaming.
    They most certainly will not reply if their is someone running around trolling so please keep on topic.
  4. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

never went off topic and certainly not trolling, this is an open forum otherwise you could just send in feedback or send each of them a PM personally to see if they reply.
    personally, i think i have more firm grasp on this class than any of them do at this point in time.
  5. ARCHIVED-Zhonata Guest

Trolling a bit harsh just want to keep it on topic I apologize.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

Zhonata wrote:
    Now im by no means a hardcore raider but my guild is on T2 atm and were doing nicely.
    We have 2 rolls on a raid. MT and OT. Now we are very weak at MT. Guardians are better and if you have a zerker MTing your raid, your guild and eveyone on the raid would be better off if he betrayed or you got a guardian. Can Zerker MT raids? I have been told yes but i have not seen it personaly. If you have a zerker MTing your beating your head against the wall for nothing. We make much better OTs than we do MTs but again the guardian fills the OT slot much better for the same reasons.
    Guardians have roughly same single target dps and more hps/avoidance. We own on multiple mob encounters and while i havent seen t3 or t4 raid zones yet there are next to no multiple mob encounters in the zones i have done. Simply put AoE is next to useless.
    The sentence i bolded hits the nail on the head.
    PS: The zerker class, while not dead, is on life support...You can tell cause no one even posts on these forums much anymore. Skel and Kept are two exaples. They both seem to have wised up.
  7. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Kage848 wrote:
    You should do PR. 5 of 7 named encounters are multiple mob encounters. That Ludmila fight is still my favorite in RoK. Half the Kor-Sha fights are too, as well as trash there. Oh yeah, and Tairiza. We also do well on non-linked mobs, which is great for pulling 2 trash mobs at a time in SoH.

In T1/T2 we can MT just fine without making healers work overtime.
  8. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

2? i try to get 3-4 at least if i can.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

The 4 nameds that have adds in PR are weak at best. Im in a low dps guild and thoes so called "adds" are dead in like 2 seconds. Not really ganna mean too much really. I have not done Kor-Sha yet although i will be doing it starting this thurs so well see.

Off the top of my head the only real multi-mob encounter is the Meldrath one. And the general idea on this one in my guild is burn down one at a time. No need for AE.

AoE is situational and its become rare, or at lest more rare, in t8. The Guardian single target dps, hps and avoidance are on and usefull at all times.

Can a Zerker do it. sure...but Guardian does it better in all ways. We have a guardian MT and guardian OT and my zerker sits on the shelf. No need for the AE's.

It seems maby the geared out uber zerkers may get better as they get gear and all but for me i have no raid spot for my zerker cause the guardian does both my jobs better.

PS: 2 things you need to know about my raiding is 1. we are on t2 and casual so take my opions with that in mind. 2. to be fair i also play a ranger, this is my real raider, and maby that has something to do with it. But i was never asked to tank on my zerker or offered a raid slot when we changed tanks about a month ago. They changed tanks and the only question about it was does anyone have a guardian alt. Me and 2 other officers have t8 geared out zerkers ready to raid but they are not worth bringing on a raid. I guess maby the more uber raiding guilds can afford to have a sub-standard tank and can make up for it np but my guild needs every advantage we can get. Oh and to you raiding zerker, Kudos. You must be very good at it cause it aint easy...=0)
  10. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

guards tank tougher mobs much easier, zerks tank easier mobs better than guardians do. it's weaksauce but that's how it is. starting out 2 guards may work better than a zerk in the OT spot but later on that doesn't sound like an idea setup when you really need a strong AE class in the OT spot.
  11. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

Lyger@Mistmoore wrote:
    fair enough. we got a pally for that lol.

also when you say we need strong AE, do you mean avitars? or do we need strong AE OT in the t3-4 zones?

I still have my zerker so i can pick him up again if need be....although im a good ranger they may want me to stay in dps lol.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gnobrin Guest

Please note, "calling out" a developer isn't the best way to get a dev reply. Try a constructive post with as much well laid out information as you possibly can, with explanations as to why you have issues with "X" design, so then developers can then take that information and then try to reply to you.
    Setting up a rusty old beartrap isn't the best way to catch a bear, sometimes.

~Gnobrin!
  13. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Gnobrin wrote:
    We allready got that reply and it was "I'll do nothing".
  14. ARCHIVED-Aeralik Guest

Bremer wrote:
    No I said in the short term there are no big changes planned. In the long term anything is possible and its highly probable you will see some nice changes ;)
  15. ARCHIVED-Stonewall02 Guest

Gnobrin wrote:
    Maybe if dev communication on year(s) old issues wasn't so subpar, you wouldn't see these types of posts... Just sayin
  16. ARCHIVED-Zhonata Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    Bremer ," RED ", and you wonder why the Dev's dont reply to threads, seriously. If I got bashed everytime I posted I wouldnt post either.
    I honestly wasn't attempting to set up a Dev Trap or call you guys out it is a simple question and doesnt require a pie chart. LOL
    I seriously just wanted to know what you, the dev's, intended our class to do in the end game.
    It was an honest question. At least if we know what your intent for our class is we might be more patient.
    Not asking for a detailed summary of our pro's and con's and what exactly will happen in the future.
    For instance,"Green." that at least lets me know you guys are thinking about us and we arn't shoved in a dark corner, but waiting in line.
    Which makes me a bit happier than staring at the Rants and Complaints in the forums.
    Communication is key
    Thanks for you reply.
  17. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    you'll have to give me a better hint than that what the plans are for the class. i hate to say it but i'm actually giving up hope myself for any amount of help and the guard class does have more benefit than we do even as offtanks.
    problem i have is the 23 masters i have now and paid probably 800 plat for, i have no desire to start over as a guardian or reroll an alt main this late in the game. this is how many people feel and did before they cancelled their accounts.
    trying to be positive here to keep this class from bleeding any more but you're not helping me any. "long term" is a strong word, something i don't think many can handle with how overpowered guards have become to us. you'll have your hands full with SKs since i think they need more attention than we do at the moment but i'm still hoping there is some "short term" fixes that really aren't that hard to code, such as + hate positional taunts, it would be a nice start.
    i have to trick myself when responding to these threads to sound positive, as an OT i'm perfectly happy(minus the snap aggro issue and ever lacking dps while we debuff ourself to tanking like a scout). when i need to tank an epic i feel like i have just been dumped into hell with trying to hold aggro with a tower shield while my health bar rolls up and down like a rollercoaster. the latter i am mainly fine with being the offensive warrior but we still shouldn't be having aggro issues when we need to use a tower shield.
  18. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Lyger@Mistmoore wrote:
    The problem with respect to Guards though isn't just us, that's a universal thing. I still think it's not so much that Berserkers are busted and **** as it is Guardians were overpowered before and are now ludicrously overpowered especially with the Mythical.

Good luck getting that better hint. I'd love to see it too. Attempting to remove all traces of sarcasm here, but another short-term, easy-to-code fix could be making the description of our level 80 ability Adrenaline match it's functionality, or even better yet making the functionality match the description.
  19. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

i've heard people say that time and time again except it does work as it describes, it is juggernaut that doesn't follow the wording to a T. now should juggernaut be nerfed to match the wording? well that depends if you think our class really needs to be nerfed.
    small changes to me would be fixing the wording, large changes would be giving us positional snap aggro abilities and getting rid of the joke of a class aspect that was HP regen and/or possibly changing adrenaline to something more appealing. this is why so many have taken the words "small changes" out of context because we all know that our class is sorely lacking <something> but what that is to each person is slightly different to the next. i know what i want changed but to someone who wants to be more like a guardian, well then 32 seconds of adrenaline is what some may want(even though it still won't save you..).
  20. ARCHIVED-Kage848 Guest

Yea i dont wanna be a guradian or nothing really. But I want to be able to tank in defensive stance. If I do Def stance i lose dps and then i lose agrro, its that simple.
    I tanked CoA last night on my guardian . I was 78 and i have a swashy and a brigand with a dirge too and one healer. I was putting out around 1500 damage on every pull. The Brig and swashy was doing over 4k at times, they finished about 2700 ZW, but that dont really matter. I would do 1500 damage and they would both do 4k, and sometime 5k and i would hold agrro np. Thats a guardian. Thats perfect guardian tanking. 1 healer and holding agrro WITHOUT the need of insaine dps.
    Now the problem is my guardian has a crappy weapon, all t7 CA's, and in general not good gear. With a Nath SS, Cardicutter or my epic, T8 CA's and nice upgrades in gear i will be getting my dps is ganna be insaine. And the main point here is guardians do too much damage and they DONT need it most of the time. My zerker DOES need it.
    I hate the dirty word "Nerf" but they cant up zerker dps more. So with the idea of no nerf wanted to the guardians and you cant upgrade the zerker dps, or your ganna piss off the scouts, whats to be done?
    Snap agrro tool? Yea that would be an easy fix. I can live with that but then we are not holding agrro with our dps are we? Then will be more like guardians.
    Simply put i would like to be able to hold agrro in defensive stance. Maby a hate gain % on the defensive stance? Maby Or better yet:

Lets start a trend in this game, if its possible, to have some CA's or skills only useable in a certian stance. Like a snap agrro tool that you can only use in defensive stance. Or maby when were in defensive stance it will add a +slashing/crushing/piercing buff onto our beserk proc? That last one is the one id like to have personaly.