[DEV] possible lag reduction conjurer spell Defensive Haven

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Beee, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Beee Well-Known Member

I do not know if it's on the developer monitor:

A lot of conjurers use Defensive Haven (Grandmaster) for the pets.
    This spell has a small useless hate component, which produces about 10% of a conjurer logentries in a fight. in a raid fight

On any combat or spell hit this spell will cast Shout on target of attack.
    Increases Threat to target encounter by 180 - 220

=> in a raid this produces an aggroincrease of 300.000 points, which is not noticable

Please remove the hate component, at least of the lv 14 grandmaster spell just for reduction of logfilesize by 50.000 useless loglines (maldura X4 raid).. so this are (50.000 x 24 players =) 1.200.000 loglines transfered by the server

The reason why this spell is used: It rises the Soulburn spell by 16,8%
    Anaranj likes this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

Same thing with necromancer Grisly Protection (Grandmaster) .
    If you have 3 petcaster using this.. more almost 2% of the raid logfilesize is this shout spell
  3. Veta Well-Known Member

Defensive haven is not producing lag like you think it is. A fiery annihilation cast would generate more lag than defensive haven would.
    Beee likes this.
  4. Sylke Well-Known Member

More importantly, removing this effect would affect Summoners at those levels more than it would affect raid lag.
    Beee likes this.
  5. Anunnaki Active Member

It really doesnt have any effect on end game (live server) summoners at all.

Outside of that, the fact that we have to use a level 14 GM spell to maximize DPS is a travesty.
    Beee likes this.
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

Maybe the serverside calculation for Defensive haven and Grisly protection is easy, but in a raid there are more loglines (= useless traffic) from this Shout spells than from fiery annihlation

What we mean is: The small aggro proc of lv 14 spells has really no effect in the endgame and produces only a lot of useless servertraffic :)

btw: no conj / necro will drop this buff because we loose a lot of dps
  7. Veta Well-Known Member

There are more things that contribute to lag than just loglines. The server is registering not only your raid, but other raids in the same zone, groups in different zones. It is also calculating in raidwide/groupwide buffs, or things that are affected because of specific classes. Things like this are amplifying effects, practiced procs, aura share, or abilities like judication,etc. Not only is the server calculating this for you, but its also calculating it for everyone.

On average, with fiery annihilation vs shout, I am generating 3 loglines with just fiery annihilation for every 1 from shout. Not only is the server taking into account the number of loglines, but also how many 0s are in the spell, text within a given log, etc. Not just log lines. Games like WoW reduced their logtext by revamping their damage system so that way numbers would register at lower numbers than many millions in order to reduce lag. It worked, just by making the numbers smaller.

Sure, shout may not have any affect on endgame, but you cannot discredit people who are grinding around those levels during the early game.

My test for you. Yes, you will lose a tad bit of dps, but have all your summoners not use the tank spec and click it on and off during fights. See if you notice a difference in the lag, I highly doubt you will.
  8. Kittybock Well-Known Member

The root of Lag? I think they should remove "Hail" from the game, after last night ;)

Henceforth known as Lagfest 2016; a scary event, involving a harrowing horde of players all attempting to "Hail" a poor Guide in Obol Plains. The brave soul was trying to give out Newsies. One of our guildies actually crashed, my FPS dropped to 8, my hubby's dropped to 6. I guess one could say, all Hail broke loose.