[DEV] Please give Mystic 2.0 a superdog

Discussion in 'Priests' started by LunarFlower, Mar 6, 2017.

1. LunarFlower Member

Please Devs!! Why can't Mystics have pretty, big new stronger super dogs like the Defilers? ): I was so excited thinking I was gonna get a pretty new white glowing wolf with maybe blue glowing eyes but no... same old one shottable dog.
  2. Revanu Well-Known Member

Trade wendigo for dog dog!!
    Lateana and LunarFlower like this.
  3. LunarFlower Member

I would gladly do that for super dog ):

DEVs please please can Mystics have a super dog too? Can we have the option of trading Wendigo for Super Dog spirit? That way everyone can be happy.
    Andaraiel and Revanu like this.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

well not everyone would be happy :)

but you would
  5. Revanu Well-Known Member

would you rather have wendigo or a useful pet?
    Lateana likes this.
  6. Chewie915 Member

Wendigo would be nice if it were full time and didn't have the no beneficial, like the OP inquisitor version, i mean WTF
    Lateana likes this.
  7. Revanu Well-Known Member

Obviously, but that isn't the debate. soul shackle and wendigo work. and massively prewarding and hitting wendigo sure. But the aspect behind wendigo blows. especially considering how useless melee damage is.
  8. LunarFlower Member

[IMG]

This is what I think the Mystic 2.0 pet would look like. Hopefully we will have it soon. <fingers crossed>
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

but in the end, making other healers on par with shamans is a better priority :)

if you want, group with an illi and he can change your dog into a gnoll .. good too ? :)
  10. LunarFlower Member

Not trying to be rude 'but in the end, making other healers on par with shamans is a better priority' I never said this was a BIGGER priority...

'if you want, group with an illi and he can change your dog into a gnoll .. good too ? ' How does shapechanging the spirit companion give it the same buffs as the Defiler's 2.0 passive- Progenitors Spirit? I think you missunderstood what the threads about.
  11. Valaran New Member

I agree 1000% with LunarFlower. Why give the SK always active pet at the end level but not give the Paladin one too. The inconsistency on this seems to make the classes less balanced not more. More balance is what we need so we can count on things when we group up and have working together to overcome the challenges of a zone. Making one class superior to another or one side of the coin when good/evil or good/neutral ...seems like a really bad idea. To be blunt it doesn't reward players that have been loyal customers for a long time of this game playing certain classes. ;)
  12. Revanu Well-Known Member

The only thing behind The defilers getting the massive Pet boost is there ability to snap an insane amount of hate instantly, other than that, i cant come to any logical conclusion as to why mystics get yet another melee based ability (wtf is melee anymore) and defilers get a megadogdog.

Tho being mystics, we are the tip of the healer iceberg this x-pac.
    Lateana likes this.
  13. Leasha Member

I totally agree with LunarFlower's request. I can't help but feel envious when I see the Defiler's DogDog fairly high on both DPS and Heals while I end up having to cancel Wendigo early when a detriment comes on that I have to cure. And even if I let Wendigo run for its full duration, I have to put so much into useless DPS/melee stats for the small increase on the DPS parse. I'd much rather have a form of sustained DPS/Heals even if it's less powerful than having to stop my warding and curing just to make use of Wendigo. By the time it expires, no wards are up and it's just not worth the risk in tougher encounters.
  14. Treiko Active Member

I am confused as to why we are trying to get the same things other classes have? If you want what they have, I think you should play that class. Instead of trying to make everyone the same (in which case, why don't we just knock off half the classes?), why not suggest ways to make your new abilities better? I feel the whole point of an epic is to give you a unique class-defining power. Now, I agree the power variance should be eliminated, but to have the same thing another class has? I disagree with that concept. If anyone has ever played EQ1, SKs always had a permanent pet. When EQ2 first started it became a dumbfire pet, then it was just gone.

The concept of my post is not to belittle or disrespect anyone here, but maybe help suggest an alternative method.
    I think we need to spend more time thinking of ways to improve what we have instead of being jealous and wanting to take or copy what others have. Why not keep pushing the change to Wendigo? This may not be an award-winning idea, but what if they either removed the inability to cast beneficial spells, OR made the heal proc 100% of the time?

If you would still rather have the dog, betrayal is an option, and instant in most cases.
    Snikkety likes this.
  15. Fleurs Active Member

They don't want to betray, because they would have to deal with the bleedthrough bug that only affect defiler. Ironic that lot of high end defiler betray to mystic for that reason. Grass is always greener on the other side.

And don't compare your wendigo to our pet, compare it to our +100% hate gain spell, which is about the same in usefullness. :eek:
  16. Revanu Well-Known Member

I'd be interested to convey the idea of possibly reducing the base auto multiplier about 50%, increasing the duration about 50% and removing the beneficial restrictions to make it more of a 20 sec duration melee proc'd group heal that allows wards/cures to be maintained and still benefit from it.

Or removing the "no beneficial" and allowing it to basically be a group buff opposed to solo for us and possibly adding max ability damage type application to it. Similar to a Combat Mastery, but for that to apply, it would have to have no-beneficial, otherwise it would be stupid OP.
  17. Kashue Member

That is a great question, but should probably be aimed at the developers that added the Ascension classes. By next xpac, i'll bet very little of our original class will be recognizable in end game content. I will no longer be a Mystic... I will be Thaumaturgist... or Etherealist or whatever flavor is needed to overcome a specific Raid boss. Sorry, i apologize for going off topic :(

As for the suggestion for a cool new Mystic pet, I would like one also, but i assume that is out of the question due to our advantages in higher tiered combat. I barely use Wendigo... i haven't really noticed any change on DPS with it. It seems like I always need to cast a group cure at the very moment after i use it, lol.
  18. Ratza Well-Known Member

Maybe the devs need to allow cures to work while the mystic is in wendigo form.
  19. knine Well-Known Member

They should just add the pet stats to mystic pets as well.. 36k strength.. jeez.. not even going to get close to getting that much on a buff for little dog-dog lol...
  20. Fleurs Active Member

So you want to have the advantage of 3 epic spell, the 2 mystic ones AND one of the defiler ones?