[Dev] Please change Time Warp

Discussion in 'Mages' started by heebu, Jan 16, 2017.

1. heebu Member

Thank you very much for Kunark Ascending.

I am an illusionist but I have something a little sad.

The equipment inflates and everyone is a double cast 100%.

I'm told that I do not need time warp.

Then Ability Doublecast was introduced the other day.

I think it's a very good idea. But I'm told that my time warp is not needed yet.

So, why do not you make 100% with Time Warp with Ability Double Cast?

I'm sure that Norrath's Illusionist will be happy. Think about it!

Incidentally, coercer also managed to do it ...
    -Soteria- likes this.
  2. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

That could lead to double dipping when you mimic a brig... Just saying.
  3. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Except in the likely event that ability doublecast is capped at 100%..

I think it's a great idea! Would #maketimewarpgreatagain :)
  4. Mogrim Well-Known Member

It isn't. I've had a Brig test.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

It seems that a SPELL doubles by doublecast (capped by 100% old stat)
    and gets an additional trigger by ability doublecast ( done by Ethereal Expertise [IMG])

But Timewarp only rises the capped doublecast, so maybe it woult really be a nice (and easy) thing to change it to 5-8 seconds ability doublecast
  6. Rondo9 Active Member

Easy, make TW 100% ability double cast and only apply to mages :p
  7. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Just fyi, I'm actually finding it hard to have 100 dbc. New best in slot items don't have it. Also, a few recent items didn't even allow me to reforge into casting speed as one of the options. My flurry keeps going up though. So there's that.
    Alenna likes this.
  8. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

The brig can already triple cast while double up is active. So you mimic that and double on top of it? Sounds a little ridiculous to ask for yet another one. Illy is already higher on the chart than they should be.
  9. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

It probably should be capped. Wonder if that's an oversight...
  10. Udonn Active Member

Since so many mages are at doublecast cap, why not change Time Warp to a temp buff that allows instacast for a very short duration. This would be in keeping with the name of the buff.
  11. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

cool idea... seems incredibly exploitable tho heh
  12. Earar Well-Known Member

I feel that there are a lot of useless buffs nowadays with the equipment that max out stats.

there are a lot of spells I wonder if they are still of any use. Like the one that decrease or increase stats by 100 (when u have 20000 of that stat .. is that usefull) or the ones that increase or decrease resistances.

I mean do some of those spells also get better with potency ?

I guess channeled focus is kind of useless too now, and spells like rapidity/velocity that increase multy attack or AS ... or spells that give 5% bonus crit ... most are useless now that u have such big numbers on gear ?

we managed to do what ?
  13. Jrox Well-Known Member

My Illy is where he should be on the parse relative to my Group and Raid set-up's if all I am supposed to be is a buff bot. If I had my reset rune un-nerfed, the whole reason I ran all those damn daily's last xpack, it would be fun again. But right now it is a pretty lame and monotonous raid for me as all I do is sit somewhere between 4 and 9 on the raid parse with no way of adding true utility that would have any true impact to other classes. I used to love using timewarp and a few others like channeled focus to increase others DPS and it made feel part of the team.

Now we have been reduced to T2 DPS with no REAL utility. Just give me my reset rune back the way it was and all can be forgiven! Or revamp my power feed and all my outdated, useless utility to make it fun in that aspect. Either or would be great for me!

Mmk Thx!
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

oh there are double cast items unfortunetly for some reason teh itemization dev thinks that it is meleer's that double cast and casters that do flurry since the green skills for the double cast are weapon skills instead of focus, disruption, ministration etc and the times with flurry have all the focus distrupiton, ministration etc and no weapon skills.
  15. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

So got a peek at the Illy buffs from epic.. and I'd like to thank the Devs on taking our feedback and adding Fervor to timewarp for the group :)
  16. Earar Well-Known Member

17. Beee Well-Known Member

Earar likes this.
  18. Beee Well-Known Member

21 Group fervor while TW
    Scrappyz likes this.
  19. Revel Well-Known Member

Oh? And just where they should be, considering the near uselessness of lots of buffs people once fought over? The uselessness of mez? Relegated to the dust bin with dirges, guardians, and so many other classes?

I get it. I'm supposed to sit back and cast synergism on as many targets as I can, hit peace of mind when its up for destructive rampage, and cast mimic when the BL does a primal chain.

No thanks.
    captainbeatty451 and Jrox like this.
  20. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

I agree with you about their usefulness of utility. So tell me what happens when everyone loses their purpose/utility spells because of stat inflation? Should everyone parse the same? Should a healer keep up with a BL? Where is the line now? Is there even a line?

P.S. You should really look at the guard epic 2.0 buffs before tossing them in the dust bins.