[DEV] Please change Flurry on Mage Epic 2.0 rewards to SDA

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Eufelia, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Eufelia Member

As stated in the title, it would make sense to change flurry on the mage epic 2.0 rewards to SDA.
    Or at least convert a portion of it to SDA. With the summer event items being phased out it gets harder and harder to build up SDA. Also subjugation, focus, disruption seem to be missing on a lot of items (e.g. crafter cloak) while weapon skills are aplenty. Is this simply an oversight or on purpose?

Please consider changing this.
    semisus, Terrius, Anjel and 1 other person like this.
  2. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Yes. I would take 5% doublecast over 20% flurry any day.
    Anjel likes this.
  3. kluxor Well-Known Member

i'll take doublecast on my pieces as a scout too
    Entropy and Ykysh like this.
  4. Nkito Well-Known Member

/agree
  5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

6. Cragfire Well-Known Member

Careful, you'll loose both and end up with +wisdom! :p (joking)
  7. Terrius Well-Known Member

+1 to the OP, Flurry is beyond useless these days, why is it on mage items? Why is it still itemized at all?

Why are there so many mage items with melee stats? and melee items with mage stats, and why have none of them been fixed yet?

All of those are questions that will never be answered.
    semisus likes this.
  8. LisciaSF Member

+1.

If I have to grind, grind, grind just to be able to acquire epic 2.0 rewards, I would very much appreciate if it'd give useful blue stats instead of absolutely superfluous ones.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  9. semisus Does not play this game

Yea whoever is in charge of designing items needs to play this game , we mages dont want scout stats/tank stats and its the other way around for em, and the t1 zones needs their loot looked at
    legendary crap that none wants except a few very rare items , could atleast make the end named drop a exquisite chest with something useful
    ascensions scrolls is extremly rare ive done tons of heroics and alot of solos and ive yet to see a single scroll drop , the only scroll i have seen is from raids
    if they where a possible reward from quests that would be a nice touch
  10. Ebarel Member

and now that we finally got the third reward, while you are at it Fixing the items, please fix that one as well.
    the ring has wdb (useless) and not even spell-wdb. would be really nice to have mage stats on a mage only item.
    but i fear the next reward wll have miti, block and strikethrough.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  11. Heck62 Active Member

I think the main reason for the raid drops is the amount of DBC you need to upgrade them.Also after seeing the mage rewards I have to conclude that their design is intentional.
  12. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Yes. Why is there attack speed and wdb on this item? I feel like these things are created with a random stat generator. These can not be intentional, unless the intent is to force more people to purchase reforging.
    Conifur likes this.
  13. Pitta Active Member

The dev's when they try to do item progression and class balancing. (00:40)
    Conifur likes this.
  14. kluxor Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever considered that maybe they just don't want everyone having 100% double cast? Capped double with medicore gear was essentially a brand new thing in ToT, perhaps just scaling it back like they did (sadly) with resets and crit chance.

100% double cast is pretty op with ascension too compared to classes who have a lower chance because they aren't mages and there's this ideology that all mage pieces should have it. FYI: Flurry is equally bad for scouts as it is mages, we don't want/need it anymore than you do
  15. Mandoblast Active Member

Well, Ascension abilities do NOT doublecast with traditional SDA because they are not spells. The ONLY doublecast with the new Ability Doublecast currently only available on the Eth runes that were changed recently.

So, lets put SDA on mage rewards for mage spells and not drag ascension "not spells" into this.
  16. semisus Does not play this game

would certainly also be nice if upcoming ears the lvl 10 ascension ones had stats like doublecast/ab mod/spd etc.
  17. Eufelia Member

a dev statement would be nice. it would help to plan accordingly.
    Ebarel likes this.