Dev Pick Submissions

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Kaitheel, May 7, 2014.

1. Pixiewrath Active Member

This is a list of dungeons that I've made. All of them follow the same storyline and are designed
    to look like real dungeons. No mobs walking through walls (unless intended with ambushes and stuff),
    tons of dialogue to drive the story forward, books scattered everywhere with lore for the dungeons
    and they are also written in different in-game languages to make them hardcore.

Some rooms are difficult but not because of enormous amounts of mobs, but because you need strategy
    and the decorations are many enough to make it feel personal, but not so many that it turns laggy.

They are also funniest to play in 6 man groups due to some epic mob challenges, but soloing works well too, it's just a lot easier and won't feel as "real dungeon like" as grouping will.

I worked really hard on all of these, and the story follows a red line all the way through to the end of Scars of Love.

I don't have any pictures for my dungeons, but they all have trailers (Except Quel'Stezch's Domain).

I hope you enjoy! Scars of Love already won a dev Pick in the competition held two years ago, so I hope I can get a dev pick status on the rest of the prequels in the dungeon series as well so people can find, play and enjoy all of them! Scars of Love is essentially "Delving into the Depths - Part V" but with a better name, since they share story and all.

My favourite is definitely Delving into the Depths - Part III. I love both the dungeon and the trailer a lot. This dungeon is the creepiest, most insane and most terrifying by far. It is like a horror game inside EQ II itself.

Storyline
    ------------
    The story starts in the first dungeon where you are sent in to explore why some orcs near Freeport are acting strange and why they are making strange deals with some gnolls. This infiltration reveals something much bigger than a gnoll / orc cooperation!

In the second dungeon, you return after having slain their Mistress and ruler a few months later, only to find out that something strange is going on deeper in their lair. The goblin race has suddenly become involved and are conducting horrible experiments on the Orcs and other speices to make them invincible. An experiment that really backfires.

In the third dungeon, you continue right where the second one left of and you experience a lot of death and decay. Brainwashed and resurrected orcs everywhere, and a religion plaguing everyone's mind. At the end you meet the true genious of it all, Quel' Stezch! A mysterious Erudite who flees when you encounter him.

The fourth dungeon , Quel Stezchs' Domain takes place right after part III of the Delving series. You have followed Quel'Stezch to his own domain full of erudites, bars, graveyards and... pain... You learn a bit about Quel'Stezch and how he lost the love of his life which turned him insane.

And the last dungeon "Scars of Love"... is already on the Dev Pick list. The video is on the bottom here as a bonus.
    This dungeon is like a physical manifestation of Quel'Stezch's Mind where you learn about his love and read how everything became as it did. You see his deepest thoughts and how his love turns into an obsession with his own mind.

• Server : Freeport
    • House Name : Delving into The Depths - Part I
    • House (Dungeon) Category - Mistmoore 1
    • Owner: Pixiewrath

Server : Freeport
    • House Name : Delving into The Depths - Part II
    • House (Dungeon) Category - Mistmoore 3

• House Name : Delving into The Depths - Part III
    • House (Dungeon) Category - Mistmoore 2

• House Name : Quelstezch's Domain
    • House (Dungeon) Category - Crushbone Keep 3

I sadly never made a trailer for this dungeon due to not having access to a good computer at the time, but there is a "Let's Play" video on YouTube that plays it so that will show a bit of it. He doesn't visit the bar section here though, which is a shame since I loved how it turned out. But if you didn't become hooked by the other 3 trailers, this video might hook you in!

I would sooo love to get all of these dungeons Dev Picked as I spent endless hours on them, designing, taking out bugs and mobs going through walls, writing the books, dialogue and going back and forth to read my books to make the lore stay consistent.

So PLEASE check them out! Thank you!

*BONUS*

Bonus video for Part V (Scars of Love)
    This dungeon already is a dev pick so you can find it in the dev pick section of the dungeon maker.

2. Ryanalinalena New Member

• Valor
    • Ryana's gnomisches Allerlei
    • large
    • Ryanalinalena
    Ryana is a gnome, Conjurer and a follower of Solusek Ro. I tried to build a house, which shows all of this aspects. You could call her a mad scientist, or a technician, and that is her house like. Many technical stuff, many books and some magic. Ok, she also likes alcohol, so she has her own distiller. She likes all shiny things and does not like to loose them again, which results in a well secured and hidden treasure room.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. Rawl Well-Known Member

Everfrost
    Hall of Fame Dome Home
    Hall of Fame, currently # 92 Newly Published list
    Bloodwings
    There are 3 places of particular interest on this property, 1. The bandstand to the right of the arrival dock. 2 The mushroom shaped Hall of Fame Dome where all of my Hall of Fame properties are accessible via housing portals for each place. 3. The modern shaped house where Bloodwings (Arasai Bruiser) lives. (The upper island is accessible via teleport pad, but not much of interest is currently up there. (I used books to build the dome shapes.) Due to the way the item counts are calculated, I could now add more to this property, but haven't due the the load time required to load what already exists here.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. Rawl Well-Known Member

Everfrost Server
    Leaf's Super leafdome Home
    Massive Homes - #26 newly published list. (number subject to change)
    Leaf
    Leaf is a Woodelf who has built a house appropriate to his background and name. The design of the house is of particular interest with 3 level inside and an open top roof, make sure you look up from the 3rd floor walkway :) The upper Island is a sanctuary which sort of follows the Leaf theme. It is accessible via teleport pad. Being a druid, there is also a druid ring where access to other properties and zones is available. I didn't include all the pictures I have so you could enjoy looking around at your leisure and seeing all there is to see.

(This is probably one of the most popular properties I've created. It has been on the Hall of Fame list but due to unpublishing it to add access to additional zones, it isn't currently listed on that list.)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  5. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

This is amazing looking will have to go check it out....how did you do the dome in the first pic...amazing.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm guessing, "Very carefully." Or very painstakingly... ;->

Or maybe through Layout Editor?

Uwk
  7. Zhaanish Well-Known Member

• Server: Freeport
    • House Name: Zhaanish's Seaside Estate
    • House Category (small/medium/large/massive): Large
    • Owner: Zhaanish
    • A little description and a few pictures!
    This is my private home that I actually live in as home base with Zhaanish. It's a Freeport 6 room but I have reconfigured it to have more rooms and a lot of outdoor space.

Gameroom:
    [IMG]

Kitchen:
    [IMG]

Dining:
    [IMG]

Rooftop Sunroom:
    [IMG]

Harbor:
    [IMG]

Market:
    [IMG]

Bedrooms:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Study:
    [IMG]

Thank you for doing this! I've enjoyed this segment on EQ2 Insider!
  8. Rawl Well-Known Member

I use the layout editor but it took a lot of trial and error to make the domes, to get the books to line up properly at the proper angle. Took quite awhile just to do one row at a time.
  9. Thundercloud Active Member

• Server: Guk
    • House Name: Thundercloud's House by Cosmi
    • House Category (small/medium/large/massive) Large 4 bedroom in Frostfang sea...Even broke out to area down below.
    • Owner: Thundercloud
    • My house is all about Greater fay meets Frostfell in Frostfang sea. I have always loved Frostfell and it shows. Right down to Santa Glug's sleigh crashing in my tree.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

How in the world did you do a breakout from a 4-room New Halas place?? What were the coordinates you used? :D

Uwk
  11. aspekx Well-Known Member

i'm kinda curious as to how the broke out of the 6 room FP place as well. the 4(?) room in Qeynos with the outdoor patio would be interesting as well. though the FP 6 room has the rooftop patio making everything else visible i would assume.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, that seems to be the key, for the 6-room (and 7-, in Kelethin) places: if you can see a great amount of the outdoors by going out a door/opening/whatever, you can break out pretty easily. There's a thread that mentions it...several, actually. Lemme see if I can find the whole "breakout" bit; brb... ;->

EDIT: I take that back; seems to have been consolidated: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/breakout-coordinates.159/

You can also find this link in The Decorator's Resource stickied page at the beginning of the Norrathian Homeshow forum. :)

Uwk
    aspekx likes this.
  13. aspekx Well-Known Member

i am still confused as to the 'how' for this.

either way that's a great link for resources. thanks.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Using either the Notepad method of decorating (there's a link to that, too, in The Decorator's Resource) or the more complex (but faster and capable of really awesome decorating stunts!) Layout Editor, you place a Teleport Pad at one of the coordinates: either by sticking it out a window or something so it's on "both sides" (like with a window sill in a Gorowyn house) or by putting it down close to an "edge," visible or not, in your house. Then you go into Notepad or the Layout Editor and flat-out tell it, "Move to these coordinates" by changing the numbers of where the Pad is. Both methods use the same coordinates as we do when we're out and about in the rest of the world (and even in the house):

123.45678911, 12.13141516, 171.81920212

for example (big, scary-looking numbers, but most of the stuff after the decimal point [the .] isn't necessary, unless you really have to match things exactly. Computers like the fiddly bits). Say your Teleport Pad is there, at the above location; it'll be on a line of text in the editor that describes the Teleport Pad in question and where it is. If you want the Pad in a break-out location, like:

131.41, 81.92, 324.25

then you just change the three numbers in the first example to match that (in other words, replace 123.45678911, 12.13141516, 171.81920212 with 131.41, 81.92, 324.25), save the file, and voila! Instant travel out to the break-out zones (once you've put another Pad down, either where you are, or at the entrance of the place, or wherever)! :)

It's pretty easy in the 6- and 7-room places (if the game insists on calling them 5-room places when you zone, the game is lying, and the devs haven't gotten around to changing that description yet), and probably in the prestige places, though your results there will vary; it's a lot tougher->impossible, darn near, in other city houses, and even if you can get out, the break-out zone is more like the Twilight Zone. :-/

Uwk
    aspekx likes this.
  15. aspekx Well-Known Member

fascinating. now to find teleporter pads :D
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They're available at all the City Festivals...trying to recall which merchant has it. I don't think it's the one with the Local specialty stuff or the temporary costumes, I think it's the other guy (quick pause to look it up on EQ2Furniture.com)...ah. Gal: Sanya Farshore (City Festivals General Goods Merchant) for 20 City Tokens, under Teleportation Pad (2 per set; you can place 4 max. in a non-Guild Hall house, the last I knew). She also sells a number of other really cool house items, as you can tell by following the link. ;->

To get lots and lots of City Tokens in a hurry, do the quests offered by the Troll gal, and specifically do the cooking one, where you make food and drink items for the hungry and thirsty City Festival workers. That'll net you 4 Tokens, and if you're on a Gold account, that becomes 8. In 2.5 quests, you get enough for a set of 2 Pads; if you want the full 4, just do it 5 times. It's really fast, for a great reward. ;->

Uwk
    aspekx likes this.
  17. Zhaanish Well-Known Member

I broke out by going to the rooftop terrace on the Freeport 6 room and placing the teleport pad below visually. Pretty easy once you have the teleport pads from City Festival. One key point with Freeport is you can't simply walk past the chain at the harbor, but you can place another teleport pad outside the chain to get past it. That's how I built the patio on the harbor leading up to the tree houses.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and aspekx like this.
  18. Theodious Member

Server: Freeport
    House Name: Floating castle of the Salvatores
    House Category: Massive
    Owner: Chuno

Walk-way to The Floating Castle of the Salvatores

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Time Machine
    [IMG]
    King's Bed chamber
    [IMG]

Tactical resolution library
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    The Salvatore gardens
    [IMG]
    Castle Entrance
    [IMG]
    Throne room
    [IMG]
    mausoleum of the True King
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Salvatore Crafting and experimenting chamber complete with medieval bicycle
    [IMG]
  19. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Builder/Owner Moonpanther
    Large homes
    Forestmoon Yuletime Retreat
    AB server

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  20. Elistrae_Valor Member

• Server: Valor [GER]
    • House Name: Auvry'Ath Guildhall
    • House Category: Tier 1 Guildhall (South Freeport)
    • Owner: Alysstra (Elistrae)
    Hi,
    I started to totally revamp that freeport guildhall nearly a year ago. As a "darkelf guild - only" with RPG you need a "real" darkelven style guildhall.... so I tried :)

My intention was to get an absolutly different feeling by walking throw the hall. Nothing that reminds you of the usual freeport design. You have to feel teir'dal :D

The project status ist about 90% finished, so you may recognize this on some screenies.
    Please do not complain on me ;)
    I'm still working on it. Feel free to visit The noble darkelf House Auvry'Ath @ Valor.

So here you get lots of screenshots - Hope you like it:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]