[DEV] No Channeler TSO raid patterns?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Perrigrin, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

Am I looking in the wrong place? I went to Bittee Silvertail, The Shadow Odessy Armorer in the Moors to see what my raid armor will be like, and all he's showing me are Warden pieces o_O
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Nope, you are correct. We have seen no adjustments/fixes to any of the raid gear and no response as to if things like this will be fixed.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  3. Atan Well-Known Member

I think their answer is to betray? ;)
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

I remember, way back in the recesses of my muddled memory, that one of the devs talked about how certain things on the TLE servers would simply not be there for Channelers and Beastlords. I can't remember who said that, when they said it, or if it applies to this issue. Anyone have better search skills than me? I couldn't find that post.
  5. Kalika Well-Known Member

I have no real worry for Channelers since they are somewhat cheated due to several aspects of the raid mecanics.

First their hps is higher than anyone else, note hps is not that significant because to parse you need something to heal, and intercept comes first; so more than parsing high they rather prevent others to parse ... but still they a must to prevent spike damage and raid is just about that (when we got pulsating damage in AoM peoples complained).

Second they can heal even if they have to joust, get incapacitated or need to go a do something imposed by the script,for that they just have to ask the concept to stay at the proper place.

Third they have instant PBAO rez and also a constant DP on the tank (which can trigger only at most each X seconds).

Fourth they have killer debuf like Eye shot (i have not tested the other ones).

Last they have other mean tricks that i have not tested (channeler is 40), likea spammable group cure (that cost dissonance) , the ability to get 25% mana using some concept health and a spell to remove impairing effect on self.
    Perrigrin likes this.
  6. Greene Active Member

You're mostly right about us, but

1) Can't heal when incapacitated (but we do have a somewhat low cooldown 'break out of anything' spell)
    2) Group cure will QUICKLY fill your dissonance bar, then you can't heal for like 15-20 seconds, don't do that :p
    3) 25% mana back is neato, especially as we're on the expansion where they LOVE power drains, but the tank is also taking so much damage you'd be crazy to use this and expect to keep your construct up.

Don't forget we can do nice DPS. I was messing around last few expansions, and stockpiled a lot of gear that has things like +10% damage (25% choker, 12% main hand procs on any heal, ring that adds 10% but makes my heals horrid), then it's modified by our 'stay mobile' AA that adds another 20%. I can sometimes hit 30k on an AE pull, but need 20 seconds to get my pet health back up. Still fun though as a healer.
    Kalika likes this.
  7. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

This is not surprising since there were no channelers in TSO.
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

CUrrently mostly duoing my now 46 channeler with my 48 paladin, she is addicted to Dissonance Dissemation (big spammable open AOE) and love when she can spam ST cures to lower her dissonance.

I tried the AA that turn healing arrow into DD (the tradeoff being to cut the heal amount) but was not really impressed. She also tries to use construct sacrifice for the 5 trigger DD proc but it does not work that well giving her casting speed of 5% (also since i m boxing spaming barage or vampiric arrow is simpler).

What really sucks is the casting time of vampiric arrow.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

1) Not really any different than every other healer right now for immunity breaks, but yours doesn't require AA points to get it.
    2) As someone who has played a channeler for every single expansion at some point in raids, I can asssure you that it is possible to hit the group cure, and still hit essence weave and the heal over time. Truespirit's is mostly a waste of dissonance because if you have to cast it, your other healers aren't doing their job.
    3) Keep HoT running, hit the construct drain during a tank temp period (sphere, tower, dragoons) then hit essence weave once or twice and pet is at 100% and you have mana, not hard.