[DEV] Inquisitor: Please remove threshold from Prepared Defenses (Inquisitor Prestige)

Discussion in 'Priests' started by SteveB, Nov 26, 2018.

1. SteveB Active Member

Dear developers, dear Caith,
    as already mentioned in the beta Forum :
    Since Inquisitors got absolutely no wards without one option which is speccing the AA Interrogation - Prepared Defenses (Inquisitor Prestige) it would be quite lovely if you change or remove the threshold.
    It is very crucial that the threshold is either removed or that there is always a ward granted and the effect with the threshold is just changed in anything else.
    Since the ward is not of a very huge shared amount, maybe around average, at all and the cooldown / recast is pretty long (~ 23 sec) it is tremendous since ages that a change is happening here.
    So please dear developers please apply a change here to stop the 2 year query of gently questioning for an Interrogation - Prepared Defenses (Inquisitor Prestige) fix (Source https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?search/30715366/&q=Interrogation&o=date )

Thanks in advance if there will be a change implemented
    Observing, rutro, Mathafern and 3 others like this.
  2. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Yes.
    Pixistik and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Perciful Active Member

Yes, Please
    Pixistik and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Cunning Member

First, yes please. That threshold makes no sense at this point. Barring that, could someone tell us why not? Is it a technical problem, is it deemed too powerful, why must it stay?

Second, I know we don't have many good options on the prestige tree, but have you considered just dropping it at this point? With wards not stacking, and the threshold is it worth it right now? I can see it solo healing, but when you're with pretty much any other healer, most of my healing is guidance, waters, inqusition, and really dogma these days.
  5. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

The ward is still nice to have I'd say, especially when one is solohealing. At least I want to believe it helps against spikes: it's pretty low on the parcer, but I still see 90-100ml absorbs from it, so, I guess, it's better then nothing. And I like Interrogation as a combat art and means to teleport. I agree, though, that with a shaman in a group ward value is questionable.

On the other hand we do not have many options: Fanatical Devotion is rather bad and does not worth enchancing (while Templars have amaising reduction of DG reuse time), Fanatical Grace amount is nothing, Fanatic's Retribution does low numbers even if spam a tank with FP, and Rejection is too unreliable and requires "tank-spaming" again. So I really see no options.
  6. Cunning Member

The teleport may just be the best part of it at this stage. Though I would caution that it can backfire. I used it during the last fight in earth 1 and ended up rooted for the rest of the fight since clearing the roots wouldn't free me ... so i was stuck warping around the rest of the fight. Grace is way lower than I'd like but if you get stuck with nothing else it at least can give the tank the sliver of power he needs to get off bulwark. Depending on the rate it's getting used you can keep it on a few people and get something out of it. At least I don't think it was being hit by the heal nerf in zones... I know pots and some other power related things are so it may be hitting for 1 like my sk's mana seive.
  7. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

So, what about removing threshold and giving us group damage reduction?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Tbh alot of us had requested and suggested this in beta. As was said here given the double whammy of nerfs (I mean "adjustments") to healers and the incoming heal adjustments running tandem with the reduction of heals there is not one logical argument the devs could make on maintaining the threshold at this stage period. but hey least last patch we got a whopping 2 pages of old gear updates instead of very much needed class adjustments....what couldn't find a tier 4 harvest node whose appearance needed adjusting.

Considering Kander and the rest of the team have been pretty much quiet on what are the true mechanics behind both the global nerfs to healers the overwhelming reluctance to make badly needed class fixes and the wonderful propensity for forum posts that call the dev team to the carpet on outstanding questions and much needed changes to be deleted (not by forum mods either as they have to notify you via pm as to why your posts were deleted) the likelihood of anyone from the dev team or our senior producer actually respond is nil....I could have brought up the rash of well know healers that were banned from discord during beta for asking the same questions here but but that would be like adding a cherry on top of ice cream.
  9. SteveB Active Member

Since there was no christmas surprise, what about some news to the new year from the developer side?
  10. Daalilama Well-Known Member

xmas surprise was coal in our stockings on this.
    SteveB likes this.
  11. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Any news?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  12. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

And another month bites the dust.
    SteveB likes this.
  13. Cviidar New Member

I was holding my breath for this change but had to stop when Niami mistook me for a blueberry and tried to bake me into a muffin. C'mon, I'm 6'2" and I have a beard. Nobody wants a fuzzy blueberry!
  14. SteveB Active Member

Anything new from any official / dev?
    rutro likes this.
  15. rutro Well-Known Member

Boo! Guessing that the Devs are too busy creating new Inquisitor mercs, so people do not have to deal with the terrible player played Inquisitors that are being handy capped by terrible AA choices etc.
  16. Vunder Well-Known Member

They completely broke the channeler class, and you want them to tinker with another healer?

*edit*

Yes please!:D
  17. Healious Active Member

Make inquisitors great again 2019!
  18. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

And here we go again! Please remove the threshold and/or give us a real group ward.
    Blazen likes this.
  19. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

There is no reason for the threshold except to allow other healers to be more effective.
    EVERY. OTHER. HEALER. Gets some special goodie that they can use at full throttle without being handicapped by mob health percentage.

Change this now.
  20. Healious Active Member

Any word on this making it in new expansion?