Dev - I just paid $60 something for nothing

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Vokan, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Vokan Well-Known Member

I paid to upgrade Savage Ruin to GM. It is significantly worse than 99th level ancient of the same spell. Please explain
    dirgenoobforreal likes this.
  2. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

*fingerguns* ayyyy
    dirgenoobforreal and Sounson like this.
  3. Vunder Well-Known Member

Ancient

GM's do not over ride Ancient from the previous tier

Not in any tier. For any class. Go take a look for yourself.
    Snikkety likes this.
  4. Vunder Well-Known Member

For example.

Wizard spell Rays of Disintegration III

Level 100 Grandmaster Base Damage: 7682

Level 90 Ancient (RoD II) Base Damage: 8705
  5. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

You spent $60 to upgrade a single spell? Wow. Well, anyways... I have this really great swathe of oceanfront property just outside of Denver and I was wondering if you were interested in acquiring it. It's a great investment.
    flameweaver, Snikkety, Earar and 3 others like this.
  6. Andric Member

level being higher should be less resisted, but ancients of previous tier are always numerically better than the new tier GM
  7. Rougez Active Member

You say that like 60 dollars is a lot of money or some kind of bad investment.
  8. Sounson Active Member

This thread is the best!
    Anjel likes this.
  9. Vokan Well-Known Member

The mitigation is around half. You think it should be half?
  10. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

60 dollars on a simple upgrade in the game is a bad investment. Bill Gates wouldn't even do that.
    Anjel likes this.
  11. Vokan Well-Known Member

$60 is different for different people. Its 20 mins of work for me. I am sure Bill wouldnt bat an eye.
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

To me it looks like Mitigation values on old ancients is better than current GM's. Damage wise the new GM's win.

What is most amusing is that the level 82 Fighter defensive stances are actually better for tanks than the 102 GM's.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  13. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

This thread had me laughing for about 5 minutes.

Thanks for cheering me up guys.
    Anjel likes this.
  14. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Lol it's wreckless spending, it doesn't matter if you make a 1,000 dollars an hour, your title I just paid $60 something for nothing

Plus you are like I paid to win and I didn't win lol
    Dude, Kheldorm and Adoninilol like this.
  15. Vokan Well-Known Member

You have an opinion of what reckless is. Doesn't mean that it is universally true. I could say that spending $15 a month for a game is reckless and irresponsible when that $15 could feed a family in some third world country. However, it does matter if I make minimum wage or $200 an hour. Money is relative to the person having and the person wanting. It's not exactly the same for everyone. Would you spend $300 for a meal on a first date? Depends... if you are the night clerk at 7-11, probably not. If you made that much by sending a few texts in the taxi on the way to the date, then its probably more likely. In both cases, its the same amount of money, but $300 is significantly different for those two people.
  16. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Where you work and how much you spend isn't that relevant either, if you want to go down that route, insanely rich people are insanely rich for investing in things that make money, not spending it on dumb crap.
    Adoninilol and The_Real_Wurm like this.
  17. Duffy Active Member

The proposition does sound a bit odd, to be honest. You don't complain that a new grandmaster spell should always outperform an lower level ancient one because of that's how spell progression should work anyway.
    No, you complain because you just spend real money on it and expect the corresponding countervalue out of your purchase. As if the spent money suddenly adds more weigh to how spell progression should be in the first place.
    Dude and Kheldorm like this.
  18. Wgrace Active Member

If I had Bill Gates money, I'd GM every spell and ascension I had. Same as nothing.
  19. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The best part about this thread is how master drop rate was nerfed and they allow you to spend $60 to master one spell.
    Kheldorm and Rocketjones like this.
  20. Vokan Well-Known Member

No, that is what I am complaining about. The fact that it cost $60 is secondary. The fact that I can only find a single adept for my class either on broker or looted makes me stuck with last several years of spells. So i have only one way to upgrade them. The fact that the damage 10 levels higher from ancient to gm is about the same but the mitigation is around half is absurd. So there are 2 problems, one is that there is not a reasonable way to upgrade without purchasing, the other is the horrific scaling.