{DEV} Game AMMO and Effects

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Glynt, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Glynt Active Member

Hello,

As auto attack is quite obsolete within the game would you look to reflect this with game ammo and perhaps put different effects onto the ammo. I also noted that the best ammo in the game still lies within Maldura on the NPC and so you'd need to run coins quests and also have a crafter that can make the exchange ammo to purchase the better ammo from the npc. There is very little benefit of the ammo from the Goblin in Twark, it is inferior which for an expansion is odd imho. Perhaps an oversight?

Lastly back in T7 one of the defining moments of being a ranger was being able to use Bazkul ammo, it has the same effect that the arrow shooters in field of bone use except it was purple.

The Dev's removed this effect from the game when eq2 became F2P, worried that free players PC's wouldn't be able to process the graphics. With modern computers and the other effects in the game i see no reason not to add ammo effects to certain ammos.

Playing a ranger is quite uneventful in terms of graphics, the fact you shoot arrows but simply can't see them contributes to this and so i would ask for ammo graphics back in the game.

Many thanks.