[Dev] Does "% increase all damage to target" have a cap?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Twisty, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Regolas Well-Known Member

Question - due to different sizes of a debuff (0.5,.0.7, 1,etc) and range of slots (secondary/range), do they stack?

Can I have nox rend on my range and shield if I want for potential double debuff if they both proc?
    -Soteria- likes this.
  2. Kiter New Member

Good question considering the changes that have been made to proc stacking recently.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  3. Azian Well-Known Member

I have a more general question regarding how the debuffs work. We've had this discussion come up recently in guild. Specifically, how does a debuff like Magical Vulnerability found on Highhold's Fall or Stygian Earring of the Forge work with melee combat arts? Anything? Nothing? I understand how it will work with spells and also how it will work with melee weapons with some form of infusion on them but not clear what, if anything, happens to..say...assassinate, or double up, or sniper shot etc. Does an assassin who has both weapons infused with poison gain an increase to their CAs when Magical Vulnerability is running or are they completely unrelated and only the weapon damage itself would benefit?

We are discussing the relative benefits of that particular debuff on gear vs. anguish, misery, noxious rending etc. that increase damage from all types but comes in smaller percentages and tend to have shorter durations on the new gear.
  4. Lemilla Active Member

CA's that do "melee damage", do the damage type of the primary weapon.
    CA's that do "ranged damage", do the damage type of the used ammunition.

When doing magical damage because of that, it is increased by the proc from Highhold's Fall.
  5. Azian Well-Known Member

Awesome. Thank you, Lemilla!

That makes magical vulnerability a vastly superior proc as long as you have converted your weapon(s) then. It has a higher percentage and lasts considerably longer.
  6. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

well small addition to that - you can infuse both your melee and wand ranged so they will do magical type (void/mental)/elemental(cold/fire)/nox (disease/poison) - thus highhold fall only affect magic then it make sense to infuse with void/mental
  7. Nkito Well-Known Member

I believe "magical" refers to all of the above types (arcane, elemental, noxious)
  8. Flamace Active Member

Or you could actually read the effect of magical vulnerability.

"Increases elemental, noxious and arcane damage done to target encounter by 1.4%
    • This effect can stack from multiple casters"