[DEV] Conjurer adjustments

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Vitrian, May 18, 2016.

1. Vitrian New Member

Class balance is a tricky task and at any given time I would imagine that there is going to be some class that outshines the rest. I am curious if conjurers are “working as intended” or if we can expect some more fine tuning for the class. I’m not crying for a nerf. So there is no need for Anunnaki to show up and rip out my soul or Doomdrake to stick his head in and tell us how warlocks are a one trick pony.

The conj in my guild went from parsing 100mil behind me on the Psionists to dying 3 times (due to aggro) and still parsing 70 mil ahead of me. After the update to pet fervor, the only person that can touch him on a parse is a Beastlord with the myth hammer. To put things into perspective, this is a mage outside the mage group, with no special/ethereal items, and no additional buffs that went from being a solid top 5 in guild dps to dominating almost every parse regardless of encounter size or length. Are there plans to continue to adjust this class or is this what we can expect from skilled conjurers for the foreseeable future?

Here is the previously mentioned Psionists parse for people that like to look at things.

[IMG]
  2. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Just a question to raiders in general. What is more important to you? Who has the biggest parse or having a raid be a succes
    As far as class balancing I wouldn't worry about it. All classes get the nerf sooner or later.
  3. Ponderous Member

Preterition: A rhetorical device in which the speaker emphasizes something by omitting it, or by claiming to omit it.
    Xillean and Yoube like this.
  4. Dotuming Active Member

Of course you are crying for a nerf, otherwise you wouldn't have posted in the first place. As psionicist parses go, that is still relatively low. If you think I am lying to you, ask some of the top guilds to show you parses of necros or wizzy's or locks dominating parses.
  5. Vitrian New Member

I suppose all of the other mages in our guild aren’t very good. Thanks for clearing it up for me. . ;)
  6. Yoube Active Member

I was wondering how long it would be before I saw a post like this and I suppose I did not have to wait long.

This post smells dangerously like a call for Nerf to summoners, in particular conjurers, because you got beat on the parse. Let the sun shine on the conjurers for a little while. After all, they are tired of being the mushrooms of DPS.
    Xillean likes this.
  7. Vitrian New Member

I knew when I made this post that summoners everywhere would cry out in rage! lol My main was a summoner last xpac and I will happily swap to a conj If DB intended them to be this strong. Feel free to make as many posts as you like telling me how bad I am at my class if it makes you feel better.

However, I am still curious if the class is working as intended and also if others are experiencing the same results we are. We have raided together for months and overnight (after one patch) our conj magically tops the parse on almost every fight by a significant margin. We have to put him with a paladin just to keep him alive.
  8. Brightlyz Active Member

Yeah and make the myth hammer heirloom so i can main change also, I dont care what class is top parse but i dont want to be stuck on a bottom of T-1 class. I prolly wouldnt raid if the parse didnt exist tbh, so yes it does matter to me.
  9. sycla Active Member

i dont see the conj posting parses calling for nerfs when he was doing 100mill less than you
  10. Vitrian New Member

That would be because he is not in the mage group and does not have an ethereal weapon/rune or myth hammer.
  11. Yoube Active Member

So, what you are saying is, that you got beat by a Conjurer on the parse who was not in the mage group and doesn't have any Ethereal weapons or runes and you claim that the whole purpose of your original post was for what? To find out if Conjurers were going to remain like they are or were they going to be what.... decreased in DPS?

I am not following where you were going with your original post and I am quite sure others are wondering this same thing...

What was your point again?
  12. Brightlyz Active Member

How bout some non conjuror responses? We already know you guys will be biased and love this change im sure. What do the soercers out there think about the conj change?
  13. Sylke Well-Known Member

Too many unknown variables...
    Are you all wearing (equivalent) new gear? Are you all Heartbound? What were the other members' parses?

And, at least be honest, you are calling for a nerf, even if you're trying to hide it.
  14. Vitrian New Member

Let me break it down barney style for you. "Are there plans to continue to adjust this class or is this what we can expect from skilled conjurers for the foreseeable future?" If you have not been following the entire time, why even post?

This is a legitimate question. We are both in raid gear with GU 100 weapons and jewelry. The only real difference is that I have the duck portal helm, 100 mil status belt, and ethereal wand. It’s safe to assume that I am also the only person in raid paying for a 2nd account for the fervor buff.

I really enjoy this game and I dedicated a considerable amount of time into being the best for my raid force that I can be. Is it unreasonable for me to ask questions when a specific class suddenly leaps ahead on the parse due to a patch? I can’t imagine that we are the only raid force to see this. I’m not asking for the class to be changed, just a simple confirmation that Conjurers were intended to see such a huge gain in dps. DBG makes mistakes like the rest of us and they may not know something is wrong until someone speaks up. Personally, I do think the developers read the forums. If we are lucky, we may get a response. :)
  15. Yoube Active Member

[IMG]
    style or.....
    [IMG]
    style?

I want to make sure I am following you completely since you seem to be so salty over getting beat by a scrub conjurer.....
  16. Therein Active Member

This is exactly the case. Conjurors seem to be the low man on the caster totem pole right now from what I have seen.
  17. Brightlyz Active Member

You must be playing with really bad conjy's then
    DoomDrake likes this.
  18. Therein Active Member

He just called you bad Pyrro.
  19. Therein Active Member

Same fight listed above. Lag was especially bad tonight.

NECRO | 1060364022
    WIZARD | 756844264
    WARLOCK | 604105857
    CONJ | 568438902
  20. sycla Active Member

I do hope you move the conj to the mage group and give him all the good buff..sure he can do better with your support;)