DEV Class suggestion-Channeler

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Vunder, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Vunder Well-Known Member

ANYTHING.......ANYTHING AT ALL

That will give us buff or debuff utility for a group that will make raid leaders want one of us to tag along.

I do like the 96%?? Hp buff to fighters, but everyone has that.

And I understand we do massive damage reduction to the tank, but Raid Leaders (From mine and others experiences) want your typical druid/shaman or cleric/shaman set up in that group.

The class needs to be useful for the raid and/or group. an HP buff to the tank and damage reduction isn't going to cut it.
    Treiko likes this.
  2. Treiko Active Member

While I do not raid due to crappy schedule, this issue applies to grouping as well. I am still a little sore that our prestige buff got swept up in the mass priest change. It was the only version of that buff we ever had. It took until those prestige AAs came out to get it, and now it's just gone. Most of our "utility" comes from our dissonance spells, almost all of which are outdated. -11 WDB? Come on. -440 or whatever to stats? Not even noticeable. I barely even use the nukes unless I have a free proc and no one needs the heal. I would understand a lack of utility if we at least did good DPS. I have always believed that being able to DPS in between heals reduces the need for said heals because the mob will die that much faster. This is a unique class concept, there should be abilities that make us stand out beyond just damage reduction. We are a combat healer... maybe our heals can proc a short-term damage increase to the group. Maybe the pet stores up a certain amount of the damage it intercepts, then when it reaches that amount it throws that amount of damage at the mob, or the group gets extra damage distributed, or a group ward... soooo many ideas.
  3. Suidakra Active Member

One can dream...... One.. can... *cries feverishly*
  4. panjinliann New Member

im a hardcore raider in last Xpanc and will be this Xpanc with chaneler.

The main problem of Chaneler is that she doesn't have a good sustainable healing abilitys. All hers healing depends on dissonance spell and pet interception. Once in a very difficult battle, Chanel can't guarantee the survival of the team. His dissonance dissipates very slowly. Assuming in a battle that there is not a lot of debuff to cure(cure a debuff will completely reduce dissonance), Chaneler cannot use its dissonance skill to give team sustainable heal to make sure team survivals.

That's why Chaneler is completely unable to compare with traditional healer(warden fury Templar so on).

I can suggest that remove the duration of truespirit defence and change to 50 times truespirit defenses are used up. So Chaneler can spend more time focusing on DPS or something else。
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You do have tools to reduce dissonance, of course.
    Blazen likes this.
  6. Treiko Active Member

I cast truespirit restoration on the tank, heal the group with vector/salubrious and healing arrow. I almost never use dissonance for healing. Dissonance should never stay yellow for long, and should never really be red. As pointed out, there are ways to get rid of dissonance. Your point for allowing the channeler to "spend more time focusing on DPS or something else" is the wrong mindset. While my ideas do tend toward the DPS side of things, the idea is that we bring 0 utility to the group outside of healing, which 6 other classes can do along with tons of utility. That's why my ideas were aimed at something that helps the group, not just the channeler = utility. All this being said, I have never had any issues doing decent DPS while healing with my chan. Is it amazing DPS? No... it is better than 0, and my opinion is that if we are going to have 0 utility we should be able to make up for it by being the best priest DPS there is.
  7. panjinliann New Member

well, my channy can do 200M+ HPS with full 4 grps in hard raid in last Xpanc, cant solo healing still, BUT! a warden who have bad gear than me solo healing very well. this is my main point.

because ,channey doesn't have a good sustainable healing abilitys.

im raid channey mainly focus on healing,all my spell and AAs build for heal but still cant beat with warden under same gear and similar pot CB or something. WHY? i WANT to be a big healer,channy is my favorite class, although it had massive bugs,for example:this Xpanc, most solo zone or heroic zone suddenly hit my construct to 0% HP, i have to spend my dissonance to heal construct in 2 sec, if i missed up, we died. channey still unstable, in last xpanc, the yellow big adrom called XXX(sorry i forgot,its come from summer reward)cause to reduce half construct interception in battle. so, channey lost a big class yellow adrom compare all of others.

DPS: channeys dps very bad so far, i wish i could spent more time for dps rather than keep healing grp, u know,channey very good at healing grp although warden doing better laugh at myself :(

this is why i suggest that remove the duration of truespirit defence.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Several of your bow attacks should be doing heals, as well as your pet intercepts. When the fight is unstable, then you have to pull out the big heals, yes.
    Treiko likes this.
  9. Treiko Active Member

Also an update to my idea... it would help things immensely if the pet was immune to detriments.... I have noticed every time I cure a max health debuff, my pet goes from full health to none, thus rendering intercept useless until I get him healed up, which takes time away from healing the group.
  10. Ravenlook Member

Dets don't effect your pet !!, this is the result of the bug, that exist since day 1, it's the old current health to max health sync bug.

basically the Dets decrease one of the 3 stats that you have that effect the pet's health (STA, Pot or CB - in this case most likely Pot) that cause the pet's max health to drop and current health drops with it. when you cure the det, your stat goes bk up, which make the pet's max health to go bk up too, but the pet's current health doesn't sync up with the max health which looks like the pet just took massive hit. (you can reproduce it easily if u gap with a druid, have the druid stand in 1 spot, get about 30m away from the druid, then move bk toward the druid, and watch your pet's health, u'll see it drop down once you get in range from the druid buffs)

as I said this bug is around since day 1, it was reported many times before, and the devs did try to fix it, it never worked, this appears to be more complicated then it seems so .. do what the rest of us do, learn to expect it and deal with it :)
  11. Treiko Active Member

Now that I read what you said and think about it, you are right. I noticed an issue every time I was grouped with a druid, though it only lost about half its health. This thing now is going to cause problems. I am sure I can work around it or minimize the extra damage it causes the group... but it's an issue that needs to be looked at more for sure. There has to be a way to make an exception to the pet so that it at least stays green when these debuffs are cured.
  12. Vunder Well-Known Member

So one last plea.......

IF you are NOT going to listen to the channeler player base and make us useful as a priest to bring utility.

Then bring our ability to deal damage back...real damage.
    Treiko likes this.
  13. Pantherist Member

My channeler is out dpsing my dps classes.
  14. Exilya Active Member

Pet auto attack damage is going to get nerfed, I suppose it means channelers are going to be useless again. It was nice being able to do some dps on par with wardens ..for a few weeks
  15. Treiko Active Member

I am so glad that pet channeler damage was such a huge issue, even over other pets not lvling properly or loot tables being garbage.
    Exilya likes this.