[DEV] Channeler's intercepts have ninja nerfed or broken?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by kojika, Dec 31, 2018.

1. kojika New Member

As far as I know, Channeler's intercept abilities have worked as following until last xpac:
    -Construct's Interception: intercept 25% of incoming damage (amphibian) / 30% (neutral) / 35% (dire)
    with Maximized Protection: intercept 100% of incoming damage
    -Overloaded Interception: intercept 10% of group incoming damage (amphi) / 15% (neutral) / 20% (dire)
    with Maximized Protection: intercept 50% of incoming damage

Now, interception works as following (the number is calced from some logs):
    -Construct's Interception: intercept 9% of incoming damage (amphibian) / 13% (neutral) / 16.6% (dire)
    with Maximized Protection: intercept 50% of incoming damage
    -Overloaded Interception: intercept 4.7% of group incoming damage (amphi) / 9% (neutral) / 13% (dire)
    with Maximized Protection: intercept 33% of incoming damage
    Nerf on Construct's Interception is especially bad. It makes me hard to keep MT in hard hitting fight.
    I can't find any update note about these changes and descriptions in knowledge book or AA tree seems not be changed since last xpac.
    Please clarify they are intended new specs or broken. If it is intended spec, please update spell description and notice spec change in update note like other changes. Or please fix.

In addition, spell effect of Interception is too difficult to understand its effect. (Do I have total 300% chance to intercept?) I'm grad if it becomes easier description:)
    [IMG]

Thanks
  2. Chillispike Active Member

just checked my channeler and it looks like as the spell effect shows all 3 "Versions" of the spell instead of just the "active" one
  3. Lemilla Active Member

The intercept amounts are indeed lower then they used to be. The mystery healer debuff does not seem to be the reason, as I'm getting the same amounts no matter which zone I go to (including old zones where the debuff is not present).

Single target intercepts have been reduced from 35% to 16.67% of all incoming damage.
    Group intercepts have been reduced from 20% to 13.04% of all incoming damage.

If this is intended, can the descriptions of the spells be updated to match these new amounts? A clarification for this change would in that case also be nice for our understanding.

If this is not intended, can it be fixed? This has a large effect on Channeler's ability to heal.
  4. Lemilla Active Member

After some extensive testing, I can now say that there are in fact seperate 2 bugs affected Channeler intercepts.
    1. Intercepts no longer intercept any damage at all.
    2. The Mastery adorn reduces base intercept amounts.
    These claims do of course require an explanation. So for those not afraid of numbers and text, read on.

Bug number 1:
    Single target intercept base amount is 30% of all incoming damage. Dire essence increases this to 35%.

In the bug-free past, this meant that if a mob would do 1000 damage, the pet would intercept 350 and the player would receive 650.
    Now, the bug instead turns this into the pet intercepting 350 and the player still taking the full 1000 damage.

Bug number 2:
    The Mastery adorn from the PoP ethereal event (Planar Mastery: Priest with the two upgrades) reduces the base intercept amounts.
    • Single target intercepts are reduced from 30% to 15%.
    • Group intercepts are reduced from 15% to 10%.
    The dire and amphibian essences add or substract 5% from those amounts as normal.

Unequiping the adorn does not fix this. Recommitting your AA spec will, if you do not have this adornment equiped.

The combination
    As a combination of these two bugs, the above example ends with the following result:
    The pet intercepts 20% of the damage, which is 200. The player still takes the full 1000 damage. The total damage appears to be 1200, of which 200 is 16,67%. This thus being the bugged amount first noted.

Reproducing the bugs
    The first is easy to verify by simply taking some hits with intercept on, and after that getting some hits from the same mob with intercept off. You will see that the damage which was going past the intercept is equal to the damage taking without any intercept.

The second can be verified by first unequiping the item with the Mastery adorn and then resetting your AA. Get hit with intercept on and look at the amount of damage intercepted.
    Then equip the item with Mastery adorn, get hit again, and see that the damage intercepted is reduced greatly.
    Katz, FrUct1s and kojika like this.
  5. kojika New Member

Great job, Lemilla.
    These are completely bugs. Especially Bug 1 has to be solved immediately. All channelers are forbidden to use class heal LOL.
  6. Kazou New Member

Same impression. I took my channeler out for heroics yesterday, it was really hard. He is not a raider but still has 70k potency which is decent at the moment. Unless I was using maximized protection, I could barely see the use of my pet interception.

Last expension I could solo heal all the zones , t1 and t2 without any issues after 2 months of launch. It was hard, but it was possible. In this expension, clearly the pulse dammage is not being intercepted properly.

One other thing worth mentionning. Potency to fervor conversion in this expension. We've lost more than 50% potency at the beginning of this expension to gain fervor. Well Potency was so important for the pet max health calculation.

So in the end, intercept does not work well and our pet can take less dammage... sad face!
  7. FrUct1s New Member

Did someone make a bugreport?
    I don't think the devs will look into the discussion board.
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I've chucked a copy of Lemilla's post above into the Community Round Table to try bring it to attention for you. It should mean it gets seen and hopefully looked into.
    Lemilla likes this.
  9. Lemilla Active Member

Thanks Errrorr.

And yes, I did also submit a bug report.
  10. Glynt Active Member

So i'm going to shelve my main ( channeller) because until the bugs fixed its unplayable. I wonder if we'll hear anything back on this.
  11. Mhoramm Member

How is the channeler unplayable? Don't get me wrong I definitely want this fixed, this is a bug with THE MAIN job of the channeler class. I solo heal T1's and some T2's. Unplayable may be a stretch tho.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Glynt Active Member

Ok perhaps unplayable was bit extreme. But it is a shame that the pets primary job to intercept is basically void. I would say it needs to be fixed asap. There's very few channellers about so i doubt they will fix it.

Just another question is "Protect me!" working as well it is meant to intercept 100% damage has it been checked?
  13. Glynt Active Member

Thankyou for doing that. I assume the Community Round table is a private forum for devs and those who are part of that assigned community. Do you get a response or is it just a place to highlight an issue? It would be good to get this fixed.
  14. Glynt Active Member

I wonder how much harder you are having to work to heal though! Cudos to you that you are able to solo some T2 without the primary mechanic working for your pet.
  15. Tomshindo Active Member

16. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Imagine having a class broken for months without any fix in sight and not even a dev confirming it.

Why play a channeler when the main mechanic is so broken?

What kind of self respecting company would let that happen? In most other MMOs a game breaking bug like this would have been bug fixed within a week. Even if its possible to heal stuff, its broken, which is just pure facts.
    Kalika likes this.
  17. Kalika Well-Known Member

the very low current customer base is almost entirely due to total lack of support and consideration for the players.I played WoW at lauch and till its popularity induced a change in the population (we got invaded by HEAL PLZ types) and every class had a reference Dev. in charge to balance it and to make it fun. General and global fun & balance Issues were adressed after very long discussions with the players and it lead usually to very positive changes. And well if some bug was breaking a class completely it would be addressed within a few days.

The main channeler issue (on live) has been posted for 2 weeks or more on the Dev Tracker by mister mouse and it has been only read twice and it has not been assigned. If blizzard was operating Eq2 the problem would have been fixed in the week following the bug report (in the worst case).

Summoners have been almost fully broken on Fallen Gate for over a year, nothing was done.

Result Blizzard has millions of customers and DBG 1/1000 of that.
  18. Alway Active Member

daybreak games
  19. Yado Active Member

20. Lemilla Active Member

Even though a /bug ingame does refer to that website, DBG has not bee visibly using it for many years.

Either way, two months later without a fix or even acknowledgement of the bugs. And as Channelers are not a playable class on the new servers I'm not going to expect anything anytime soon.