Dev Bruiser letter.

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Glynt, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

November post (could be a November post from 2014)......Still relevant.
    Lifebane likes this.
  2. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

Don't worry, I'm sure after they're finished spending months of dev time and resources on the pvp server that 4 people asked for and will be playing on, they'll get RIGHT back to class balancing, and fixing broken content.
    In all seriousness though, I hope they fix your class, and i dont begrudge anyone who wanted pvp, but I feel like with all the stuff they could be working on, a pvp server seems to have come out of nowhere, and from what I remember of eq2 pvp back in the day, there just wasn't a lot of interest in it, and there a lot of other games, who quite frankly, do it better.
  3. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Ok, lets cut the crap lol. You're salty, we get it. You lying to yourself and everyone else that only 4 wanted pvp won't make it true. At this point you're only insulting the dev team, questioning their competence. This pvp event server has been in the works for an entire year. Who in their right mind would spend an entire year developing something for 4 people. Clearly this has a big enough following that will profit DBG. There are also games that do PvE better, why don't you go play somewhere else? See how ignorant that sounds? It's all about personal preference, people are allowed to have opinions. PvP players don't keep coming back to this game to pvp because they think it's worse than other games....
    Meneltel likes this.
  4. Lifebane New Member

Returning Bruiser here, I've been gone for some years and wow, what a sad state of affairs to return to. I've always enjoyed the playstyle of the Bruiser, but the current situation seems strongly weighed into just forcing folks to betray. And I don't mean to grab any flavor of the month opportunity, but more so to just be less of a liability to your group. Talk about not wanted, try getting a group as a Bruiser :p

It's hard to find any current information on bruiser builds, bruiser community, etc. to try to at least collaborate with others to figure out what works best in the current Bruiser environment. Sadly, when I looked up some of the more pro-bruiser players that would post here to see what they did with the builds, I find that they are monks now too. Not sure why the Devs have neglected the class, as well as a couple of the other undesired classes. This thread has a few very good suggestions for making quick fixes that would help correct the current issues, so this doesn't seem like it would need to be a complete class overhaul.

So where is the Developer suggestion box located? Do we have to sneak by their offices and bring them Starbucks to get their attention? Any suggestions? Aside from Betray Token :)
    Meneltel likes this.
  5. Player2 Member

on the bright side, bruiser masters are almost a dime a dozen
    Rizzo and Lifebane like this.
  6. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Go on the broker, look up every fabled spell scroll from lvl 101-110, first few pages is every bruiser master lol.
    Lifebane likes this.
  7. Lifebane New Member

That is a true fact there. Not exactly cheap for a returning player though :p

Are any diehard bruisers still around and reading this? It would be good to hear from them with regards to what the issues are that they are dealing with now. Add more meat to this thread in case a Dev reads it and feels pity for the bruiser cause. (not holding my breath)

In the meantime, any build guidance would help the returning or new Bruisers. I'd assume there are some decent lesser tank builds but likely nothing remotely resembling a viable DPS build. I'd be happy with mid-T2 damage if in offensive stance but that's probably a pipe dream.

For that matter, is there any bruiser info site that is current. There is a plethora of old outdated stuff that I'm finding but nothing dealing with the current landscape. Thanks in advance for any assist/help.
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

most bruisers left are alts or monks now
  9. Lifebane New Member

Sad statement. But from what I am seeing and reading, accurate. You were a Bruiser before Earar. What was the straw that broke your back and forced you to hop over to Monk. Was there a "last straw" scenario there? Or did the prolonged disregard of the class do you in?
  10. Glynt Active Member

Three months has past and i've not played in almost the same time. However not a single response from a DEV. Nothing!
    Lifebane and Meneltel like this.
  11. Lifebane New Member

It's painful to watch Glynt. I've tried reaching out to a few devs, and while a couple replied and were super nice, the ones that handle content and classes like this have not. Maybe they are too busy, not addressing Bruiser issues mind you, but just busy. Hrmmmm...
  12. Lifebane New Member

Been a week now and not a peep. I tried to contact Caith and Kander privately, linking this thread of course. Sadly no response or visit to our humble little cry for help thread. At least I can say that Gninja and Ttobey were really cool and responded to my questions. Kudos to them both.

Back to grumbling about the crappy state of the "Bruiser" union.

:eek:
  13. Lifebane New Member

Hello Devs? Kander?
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

they don't care about bruiser when u have "free" betrayal.

and bruiser community isn't as big as wizards or conjus or SK to be worth DBG's time
  15. Dagada Member

what is "free"?
  16. Airvh Active Member

You bruisers should count yourselves lucky because of the fact that hardly anyone plays that class. Bruiser spells on the broker are way low priced and there are a ton of them. Try doing the same search for a Necromancer. Yeah...
  17. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

If you're saying you would rather have necro's be as useless as bruisers in order to get cheap masters. I'm sure bruisers would be happy to trade spots with necro's.
    Lifebane and Rizzo like this.
  18. Earar Well-Known Member

At least on TLE bruisers are a blast. Too bad they gave up on that class coz it’s a real fun class to play.

Also one thing that should be adressed is brutally. It was supposed to increase taunts and CA and a bit spells.
    Why didn’t it have the same treatment as mystics/dirge and have it increase fervor by a fixed value of CA and spells ? This part of the buff was weak but became quickly irrelevant when potency appeared. So that too should be changed.

And since soak hit is to protect an ally, allow bruisers to use it in off stance.

Bruisers were meant to dps. We have a positional attack since day 1 (only fighter to have that) and our epic 1 and prestige abilities deal more damage if behind. It also means that some abilities are useless for tanking.
    Zerk and monk prestige top dps buff straight buff their CA. Ours only buff if we are not the target. It limits too much.
    Brutal stance still needs the condition to be removed on make a CD refound if temp doesn’t last full duration. The non movement condition is too harsh.
    Also change sonic punch range limitation. So we can use it closer. Not useful enough as it stand and mostly never used.
    Same for sucker punch. Make it deal great damage and bonus damage if from behind.
    As tanks and as most mobs immuned to CC ... too hqrd to kn and jump behind mob.
    Also the damage isn’t relevant enough to even try doing it
    Lifebane, Rizzo and Blazen like this.
  19. Earar Well-Known Member

so any news to bring bruiser back to good shape ?
  20. Svenone Well-Known Member

The silence from Developers is deafening.
    Lifebane likes this.