Dev Bruiser letter.

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Glynt, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Glynt Active Member

Dear someone at DBG..... ( anyone! )

I've played a Bruiser since launch. Sadly for me in POP i betrayed to a Monk. I was really hoping in Chaos Descending issues with the Bruiser would have been addressed and the option to play either monk or Bruiser became viable.

I miss the fun my Bruiser gave but can't help notice the monk is still the better class. It even out dps's the bruiser.

Could a DEV (anyone!) please tweak the bruiser do it when no ones looking perhaps?

If Kander hates Bruisers perhaps don't tell him.. Surely one DEV must love the bruiser and want to see it back to its glory...

Yours hoping a monk who wants to go back to playing a bruiser....
  2. Chimay Active Member

You are sadly correct, was looking forward for a reason to play the Bruiser class again. Switched from Bruiser to Monk for obvious reasons. No reason to switch back, there has been no apparent adjustments to the Bruiser for CD. The prestige lines are so inferior to the Monk on both sides. DPS and defense are superior for the Monk.
  3. Sounson Active Member

4. Earar Well-Known Member

Betrayed to monk too during PoP .. though betrayed back to bruiser coz I had no fun being a monk.

was also hoping for adjustments and seems they don't care about bruisers. not enough left to cry as loud as SK !

I don't want to switch back to monk .. but I am not motivated to play the bruiser. I love it, but if it's to be a 2nd rank tank ...why bother ?
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

it's not anti monk.

we want to play the class we want and not forced to play the twin class just coz devs don't want to do their job
  6. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

::mic drop by Earar::
    Chimeron likes this.
  7. Gameshark Member

Brawlers need to be 3rd rank tanks. Warriors 1st, Crusaders 2nd. you know, because real tanks wear PLATE armor. i've always hated when brawlers wanted so much love just to take the place of a plate wearer.
    Chimeron and Myrtana like this.
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

3rd class tank .. ok .. but theb we need at least comparable damage to monks and better to SK if we're not supposed to be best tanks.
    We then need to be able to take a dps spot.

right now bruisers feel 3rd class everywhere
    Lifebane likes this.
  9. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Be quiet and get to the back of the bus! *hands you a Twinkie secretly as you head back there*
    Stealthyn likes this.
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

yah what's the point of saying anything .. who cares about bruisers nowadays
  11. Lyricus Member

It honestly is a sad joke. Devs keep talking about balance and then do absolutely nothing for one of the most ignored and maligned classes. Bruisers have been inferior for years now, and not a single adjustment. I don't want monks nerfed. I don't want them to get hit with that bat again. I just want serious attention to be made to the bruiser.
    Lifebane and Meneltel like this.
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Another expac gone, another wave of blind ignorance towards Bruisers. This is what, 5+ years?

At this stage, DBG may as well just remove the Bruiser class and rename Monks to Brawlers.
    Lifebane, Chimeron and Meneltel like this.
  13. Revanu Well-Known Member

On the bright side, you can’t nerf monks any further. So this has really become a pretty dire circumstance for the twin red headed step child to the inquistor.
  14. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Never challenge the gods of the gods... they can find a way to nerf monks, im sure... make them wear pillows on their hands and feet, im guessing, since I don't play a monk.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Baltazarr Member

Sometimes it feels like preaching in the desert :/
    You don't even have to change a lot of things to make bruisers more desirable....

1/ Shorten the base recast on Unyielding Resolve from 6 minutes to 3 minutes.
    Tsunami is 4 times better than Unyielding Will, it lasts twice as long and recharges twice as fast.

2/ Remove the "cancels if caster moves" part of Brutal Stand

3/ Add a stoneskin reaction to Stone Deaf, Bodyguard of stone and Adrenaline Rush

4/ Increase the range of our blue AEs to 10 meters (especially wild beating). Either baseline or via specific AA spec, it doesn't matter

5/ Sucker Punch: Remove the positional requirement if you spec 5 points into Enhance : Sucker Punch (bruiser tree)
    An attack that we can't use when tanking.....

6/ Sonic Punch make the range 0-35 m instead of 10-35m
    Can't use it when tanking because we're too close.....
    Stealthyn, Rizzo and Lifebane like this.
  16. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Nerf dragon fire/make knockout combo a meme similar to dragon fire.

Make mythical clicky similar to tsunami.

Bodyguard of stone/adrenaline rush being nerfed to **** a few years ago certainly does feel bad and is yet to be fixed

All that really needs to happen.

People have been complaining about bruising spirit/rock skin for awhile but meh.

Left side martial retaliation gives bruisers the highest innate avoidance in game which (makes avoidance reports similar to monk, but guaranteed avoids are always > ~) is pretty nice on top of them already having the highest tank avoidance in game (shrug off), their not bad. Monk's are just better.

If tag team was longer if you were a bruiser and placed on someone else and soak hit got boosted up I could see the class being viable as an offtank as they are excellent off tanks~
    Stealthyn, Rizzo and Lifebane like this.
  17. Earar Well-Known Member

just remove the "cancels on movement" on brutal assault would do a LOT.

too many fights where u need to move. And a long recast temp that last 37 sec and is cancelled on movement (even if displaced from mob) on a tank with low range is just crap
    Rizzo and Lifebane like this.
  18. Dannni Active Member

Devs probably look and see hardly anyone plays bruisers and think to themselves its a waste of limited time and resources. Too much to do, not enough time
  19. Lyricus Member

I think what several people are showing is that there really doesn't need to be a ton of time devoted to fixing the class. There are easy and fast issues that can be identified and corrected that will go a long way to saving the class. Yet for unknown reasons the devs ignore all issues related to Bruisers.
    Lifebane likes this.
  20. Furycai Member

Look all the creative thinking is already done by the players. I think all the now Monks out there that would rather have all those fun skills that they were accustomed to having as a bruiser should chip in $10 each to have a dev make the changes that are suggested above. I am sure someone wants some overtime.

I offer my $10.
    Lifebane and Rosyposy like this.