[Dev Attention Please] Warlock Ceiling Issues

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Mogrim, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Luciuz Active Member

[IMG]
    Dude likes this.
  2. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Changing Focused Casting to be 75% to base potency would still be less effective than the previous 75% to base crit bonus prior to cap. Because potency is factored in before mod.
  3. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Perhaps combination 50% POT 50% AMOD will do a trick?
  4. Yards Well-Known Member

Having focused casting give such a large %boost to a stat will cause inflated parses on short burn fights and will cause people to cry for nerfs again. What should be done is lower the reuse to 1:15 (when capped reuse) and lower the %boost to ~35% increase to potency based off of base potency. Essentially making it less powerful on short burn fights but still keeping the relative strength on long duration fights.
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

That would kill identity of warlock (not like its not already dead) - make massive burst on short fight. Beastlords have 2 ability to boost for short duration PoT by 25%, Spell bind do 25% anyway why would we want another 35% booster?
    Ideally to reflect nature of the class give warlock fervor boost - 10 seconds of 100% Fervor every 2.5 min not unreasonable expectation (given fact that of existence that hearbound buff and introduction in game multiple ways of getting eth runes)
  6. Yards Well-Known Member

What planet are you on? I'm trying to come up with realistic ways to make fc a good ability, not ways to make warlock triple every other classes dps. If fc was 100% fervor that would completely destroy any kind of class balance that is in place not that there is much balance with summoners doubling everyone elses dps.
  7. Mogrim Well-Known Member

I agree that a 1:15 timer and 35% to base potency makes sense.
    However, I generally still **prefer** something more like 2:30 timer and 40% to potency and 30% to base mod.

However, if it has its reuse AND effectiveness shortened, it should then also be able to be reset by the hammer proc.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  8. Yards Well-Known Member

I'm starting to get bored of the whole stat increase thing, personally I'd rather have it changed to something like FB, where you can actually see how effective you are making that ability. It's always fun to compare what you can do vs what others can do like how bards strive for highest vc hits or how wizards use to compete on fb hits. That's just my personal preference, however this may all be for nothing if they remove/raise cb cap next expansion and everyone will be back on the nerf fc bandwagon.
  9. Mogrim Well-Known Member

The problem is, I'm pretty sure the ship has sailed on a revamp THAT extreme.
  10. Entropy Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but it could still see a significant change and stay within theme. How about following:

5 minute base recast, 15 second duration... Grants 25 fervor, 15% of base CB as CB, 15% of base POT as POT, 15% of base Mod as Mod. Not resettable by effects.

Keeps it scaling smoothly without being crazy overpowered. This assumes they will slightly raise CB cap, and also continue to introduce new ways to get a bit more static fervor.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  11. Yards Well-Known Member

25 fervor is a static number and doesn't scale so when fervor is easier to obtain and people start capping it or just getting extremely high fervor then 25 fervor will be somewhat useless.
  12. Entropy Well-Known Member

Ya I know this. I specifically left that one static because there's no good way to make it multiplicative right now without having it be either useless or crazy powerful. Could always change it in two years when we all have 350 avg fervor. :)
  13. WeareLegion New Member

Sure would be nice to hear something from the dev team about this, instead the silence speaks volumes of unconcerned attitude. Thought the point of having forums was to have open discussions and help the community grow, not sit stale.
  14. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Bump:

Cloak still stinks.
    Class still hits the ceiling so hard that Focused Casting becomes a meaningless buff.
    Hiza and DoomDrake like this.
  15. Thalador Active Member

Mogrim, I feel for you man. I stopped playing my lock a while back and I see you are still trying to fight the good fight. Good luck to you!
    DoomDrake likes this.
  16. Veta Well-Known Member

I don't see them changing any cloaks at this point, since this has been a discussion as far back as beta. Seeing race to trak event items, it looks like everyone might be forced to wear the new ones with 1k potency, so class cloaks might become obsolete, especially if they have lower resolve (I don't remember what the trak cloaks had for resolve off the top of my head).
  17. Entropy Well-Known Member

If there isn't equivalent loot from new raid zones, I'm done with this game. I am not playing alts on other severs just to get BIS loot for my main. I wouldn't even want to do that on the same server. The concept is ridiculous.
  18. Entropy Well-Known Member

Switched from my sorcerer to beastlord a few weeks ago and I'm happy again. Well, relatively happy. More like morbid curiosity as to what crazy mechanic will be introduced to the game next.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  19. mR_vAiN New Member

Agree with you.
    - Cloak brings a massiv lag to the Raid, so the DPS goes down not up
    - Focused Casting & CB Cap feels like a Warlock nerv;
    - Free Hand sorcery (Mental Acuity) useless with the CB Cap , too
    - Catalyst useless too ( can we hav a garanted mythical hit ? .-)

hope the Dev's take a look on it.

Greetz from germany ... .-)
  20. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Well .... with Eth summer and hyper high PoT many already met 3K on CB (or getting close to it). Any words from DEV if ever class defining ability will be fixed in any meaningful way? Giving fact that many ppl running with that stupid and absolutely uncalled heartbound buff of 30 fervor why not change FC same way - forget about POT/CB just give 10second 30-50 fervor buff and that will do a trick