[Dev Attention Please] Warlock Ceiling Issues

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Mogrim, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Yards Well-Known Member

Lowering a static stat in order to make a temp more useful is not a fix or even viable option, it will only result in lowering your overall dps.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Well if the temp is so useless as people are stating, then it is an option. Especially as lowering that static stat would also result in a rise in other static stats.

For example he could take off an Aura share ear, dropping his CB by 140 or so, and get a magic vulnerability ear, increasing his raids Magic damage by 1.5%. He could take off his Amplifying ring for a Sig ring, and give the raid 24 x 25 Potency, and drop his CB by 100.

But of course that won't be an option, because self numbers on ACT > Raid DPS.

The itemisation choices are there to cope with the CB cap, but people only see 1 direction, how high their personal numbers on ACT go.
    Faelen likes this.
  3. Yards Well-Known Member

Aura will drop cb by 140? How many raids do you know that run with 10 scouts? Keeping cb at cap is going to net the most dps. I won't argue the magic vulnerability ear because that is probably one of the most OP items in the game, but the rest of the stuff you said is basically wrong or misleading.
    Amaitae likes this.
  4. Entropy Well-Known Member

I assume you went and looked at my Raid gearset on eq2u before making those comments. I'll also assume you missed the Brotherhood ring there, because you seemed to make a lot of assumptions about my gearing choices and my attitudes towards personal vs raid DPS. As a sorcerer, I was one of the first in guild last xpac to get a Practiced wrist, and I wore it the entire xpac.

I'm with Face... not gonna argue on the vuln earring. I just never farmed for it last xpac and aura share options now have made me less inclined to do so this xpac as well, especially in a guild where so few utility/healers even care to go get it. I told our raid leader that I'd be happy to go get it and wear it, just as soon as we're down to only T1 dps still needing it. That's not going to ever happen in this guild though, so I'm content to be slightly selfish if other people are going to be lazy/stupid.
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Yes indeed gear stats are climbing up even for lower end of the middle of pack warlocks - I am clocking 2.1-2,2k CB before FC (in raid gear) and have plenty of room for improve (hogging my DKP for hammer :)). Once middle of pack warlocks will mark 2.5k+CB FC become not so attractive temp for burst damage
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Yep I checked, no reason couldnt wear 2nd underfoot ring.

But as above ^ You can't complain about Caps/Itemisation of those caps if you aren't willing to compromise in other ways. There are options, whether you chose to accept them is a different matter.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Yep - DB can actually "adjust" other classes end-game temps in a way they not scale as well - that's one way to go, another way is re-evaluate FC to make it scale differently from it does prior 3K CB .. say every 100CB after 3K add 1 fervor for warlock - it would not be unreasonable ... 3k base with FC will turns into 4.5K but instead of adding another 1.5K it will merely add 15 fervor for 10second ...
  8. Arco Active Member

I don't think the solution to helping locks stay competitive on the parse, is to make them wear gear that is inferior to what the other T1s use.... 2nd underfoot ring is not a better option than the faction ring from captains.
  9. Uyaem Member

Without throwing this thread off course: Is this really the case? Why would it be different than the Essence of Duality ethereal?
  10. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Right. I'm suggesting that the main things we need is a cloak that works and to have Focused Casting built to scale more appropriately - not to be stronger at lower levels (because it functions fine at the lower levels) but to avoid losing almost all relevance at the higher levels.

I remember being specifically questioned by Devs as to how high my CB could spike in ideal situations, and I understand later that these questions were based on creating a crit bonus cap. I believe the cap was made with the intention of "keeping things from getting too crazy" but had the unintentional side-effect of "practically ruining an endline, given enough statflation".

Hammer resets things that Essence of Duality doesn't.

Like Sanguine. Spell Bind. Frigid Gift, Curse of Darkness.... and it also used to reset BOTH FB and FC, but then they decided to make it NOT reset FC.
    Hiza and Bansidhe65 like this.
  11. Entropy Well-Known Member

Don't worry, folks, I just fixed the problem.

[IMG]

No more worries about gimped Focused Casting's, myth toggling for stacks boosting, or lag inducing class cloak. Just me and my Fiery Blast, walking off together into the sunset.

Mmmmmmm...
    Amaitae likes this.
  12. Anunnaki Active Member

I'm curious to see what your opinion of it is after the betrayal. Is Wizzy really > Warlock when all things are truly equal? Let us know.
  13. Uyaem Member

Thank you, Mogrim. Seems worth a DKP investment on my part. Which is when the nerf bat hits.
  14. Entropy Well-Known Member

I'll let you know. I swapped from warlock to wizard about a year ago, so I'm familiar with the class already. Will see what the top end looks like.
  15. Uyaem Member

You will be disappointed with the single target performance, SacDaddy hit the nail on the head with his two month old thread.
    How it compares to warlocks WW, don't know, but it doesn't compare well to the rest of the T1 classes thanks to left side Prestige being inferior, and increment building on solo mobs being slow. It even gets worse as the rest of your raid force gears up and the fights become shorter.
  16. Entropy Well-Known Member

It's not going to be any worse than warlock's single target. With the myth hammer resetting FB, it should be fine.
  17. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see what is going in the very end-game (aka hammer/eth reset/forge golem earring/ring of pure terror etc.) because in mid of the pack with fairly similar gear warlock still beat wizard on both AoE and Single .. I am not familiar with how fast wizard can build increments on single target but for warlock (assuming lag is semi-decent) it goes like 45-50 seconds or so (basically 1 extra TA hit in between 2 FC)
  18. Entropy Well-Known Member

Warlock gets Siphoning stacks every cycle (but effectively wastes dps time to cast it) - wizard only has to build to 150 instead of 180 though. I haven't added up all the cast times separately for each cast order, but it'd probably come out similar. Keep in mind though that with hammer, Wizards get to fold their stack release into a FB almost every time, whereas warlocks aren't getting many FCs, relatively speaking, and the ones they are getting aren't adding much benefit.

If you start to read the text of FC as "gain 750 potency for ~10sec once every ~2 minutes", and then you realize ultra geared sorcs are sitting at 7-8k potency in combat already, you begin to realize just how bad the warlock prime cooldown ability has become. Fiery Blast is strictly superior at that point, in both its raw dmg potential and how often you can use it.

After becoming steadily more disenfranchised with the raiding scene, I'm actually curious and a little bit excited to see how things go this weekend.

Also, new version of ACT handles INT64's, so large FBs will be counted now :)
  19. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Can you a bit enlight me in differences between FB, FC and TA?
    while I might not the best example of warlock - I normally squeeze 1 extra TA in between 2 FC
    My FC chain normally looks like that - CB-clicky-SS-SB-FC-Myth focused Apoc-Rift-Unda-TA-PB-Chains - in between 2 FC I normally hit castrated chain with just CB-clicky-SB-Apoc-Rift-Unda-TA-PB-Chains
    From what I see (in mid game - no hammer, no eths) - FB hit like a truck, but occasionally with epic crits I hit higher with Unda but overall DPS (again w/o hammer or eths - wizard has cloak, I don't both have primary/ranged E.T/advantage both have illusionist) I score probably 10% more on AoE and about 20-30% more on ST
  20. BloodStormz_Crimsonskyz New Member

I agree with almost everything here, Most of our points are spent in useless aa's, I would like to see them sit down and decisively place a Class Defining Roll on each Class, Rebuild around what is there and make the aa's Beef up the class not the gear so much.