Detect Weakness now pulls aggro on Epic named mobs?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Vlkodlak, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Anyone else running into this problem? It is only in the raid zones we have noticed that any scout that casts Detect Weakness to scan the numbers will now aggro the named mobs. We have tried removing all weapons, dismissing pets if any, with their back to the mobs makes no difference.
    Any insight would be great!
  2. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Weird.
    maybe an AA choice that adds a dmg proc to "any spell / ca cast" - like the poison dmg added to Evade?
    poison / weap / jewelry / potion / etc ?
    what's the ACT log say in re: to the scout that's casting - all outgoing ?

hope its not going the way of the do do like Invis / stealth. :/
    anyhow. bump for awareness.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'd be sure to double-check that they don't accidentally still have ranged autoattack turned on. That gets more people into trouble while raiding...
    Bhayar and Breanna like this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

The only scouts that would have forced ranged would be rangers...
  5. Bord Active Member

It's been doing that for awhile, it can cause procs to go off, which aggros the mob. If you use it out of combat in raid, be sure to take off weapons and familiar first, maybe some armor/jewlery depending on adornments. Or deal with raid leader aggro :)
  6. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

I have only noticed it this xpac as I am the main person for keeping track and scouting early to get numbers and have never had to pull aggro before. I have removed all my weapons, and put my back to the mob. The ability was not supposed to put you into combat, but was hoping to get some insight here. I will put in another useless /bug again.
    Thank you again for your replies.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

What fa,iliar are you using? Some of them AOE, particularly the Gaggelu Pearwood. Maybe it's letting fly?
  8. Ruckus Well-Known Member

If you're raiding with the tradeskill familiar summoned, you're just doing it all wrong.

PS: You might want to check to see if you have crafting/harvesting gear on and the tradeskill mount equipped.
  9. Svenone Well-Known Member

Detect Weakness even says that it will not draw aggro from the target, so if it is drawing aggro it is broken.