Detaching a group from a raid (from the inside)

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Seefar, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Seefar Well-Known Member

Hi!

Not sure where to post this, this forum seems as good as any....

I'm pretty familiar with raid setups, having done a few over the years. I know how to /raidinvite; I know how to drag players between groups, I (think I) have a nunderstanding of how to balance groups, set up mage groups and tank groups and so on...

... and I know how to kick a group from a raid (never done it, though!). But there's one thing I don't know: is it possible for a group leader to detach his group from the raid?

The reason I ask is that I've been in several raids at the point where the fleet is starting to break up and go its separate ways, and sometimes the group I'm in wants to stay as a group and continue the adventure elsewhere, as a group. The only way I know how to do that is for everyone to /leave and then form a new group.

Is there a /detach_group command, or some such? (And if not, why not?).

Thanks for listening.
  2. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Target someone in that group then /kickfromraid
  3. Seefar Well-Known Member

I think that's a command that only the raid leader can use. What I'm hoping to find is something that a group leader within the raid can use to detach his group from the raid.

In the same way that a raid leader can decide that a particular group is not wanted within the raid, a group leader should be able to decide that he no longer wants to be part of the raid, no? ... Although if there is no way to do this, perhaps there's a good reason for it -- it could open the way for a malicious player in the position of a group leader to sabotage the raid. I hadn't thought of that until now....
  4. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

This is something different that we have been struggling with lately. Typically the group leader of the group can click on their own name in the raid list and highlight leave raid. That is no longer an option we are finding and we are having to all leave and regroup which is annoying.
  5. Seefar Well-Known Member

That's very interesting. I didn't know that! Thank you for sharing. Perhaps They Changed It for a very good reason....
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

We've discovered that when the raid leader kicks a group from raid, it messes up the group leader (that is, NO one can change the loot options!), and we still have to disband and regroup. <sigh>
    Breanna likes this.