Destiny of Velious Conjuror

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-Banditman, Feb 16, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Squall Leonheart wrote:
    That's correct. Soulburn uses the pets HP to determine damage, thus why you cannot Soulburn a Plane Shifted pet.
  2. ARCHIVED-kukiake Guest

Squall Leonheart wrote:
    Yeah, I was also thinking to compare pet DPS in offensive/defensive stance because of the extra health gain in defensive stance. Since the health gain % is the same over all levels, I was thinking about using a low tier grandmaster defensive stance which doesn't have as harsh penalties as the high tier one. Never tested it in actual fight, will try once DoV goes live.
  3. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

That's actually an interesting idea, though I'd be a little concerned about the hate gain component of Defensive Haven. Tanks are *really* struggling with hate in this expansion due to the extreme hit rate problems in the frontal of a mob.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

My personal experience with Soulburn was only post-nerf, and it left me pretty underwhelmed. The risk vs reward isn't really worth it in a raid situation IMHO with all the AEs hitting you, since your pet is very likely going to die from an AE (which means 7-ish seconds of zero DPS) or requiring an immediate heal (which means 1-2 secs of no DPS from you as you cast one heal). I suspect that spell might be very situational for me (assuming I end up taking it - will depend on how AE-heavy DOV raids are).
    People will probably want to time it with their death prevent and Stoneskin, in which case the lower recast won't be giving you much.
    Personally, I think they should have increased the reuse, and increased the damage. Make it hit enough so it's worth the risk, and make it castable less often so it doesn't become too unbalanced.
    And yeah, the pre-nerf version would probably have been very nice for necros as they were starting to lag behind conjurors DPSwise.
    Xalmat: sorry to hear that. I've been keeping an eye on your insights on these forums and Summoner's Tower for years. I'll miss them. But then, I understand your point of view - myself I only pre-ordered reluctantly, and will give SOE a month or two to convince me this game is still worth playing regularily. I think the community will miss you.
  5. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Shared stats along with the AA brings conj back to KOS level of power imo.
  6. ARCHIVED-Germs666 Guest

Cisgo wrote:
    ^that
    I totally tried to get the developers to look at adjusting the recast on Lifeburn but no luck on that.
    Looks like another expansion of necromancers being inferior.
  7. ARCHIVED-Rixx_EOL Guest

I know not eveyone does battlegrounds but it sounds like Soulburn & Servant's Intervention are intended to also add battlegrounds survivability. As the conjy was on the very bottom tier for surviving 1-1 encounter in pvp or battlegrounds.
  8. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Rixx_EOL wrote:
    Unfortunately, you can only have one at a time. I can definitely see Servant's Intervention as a PvP tweak.